DNorris - SouthernStarSeeds - SnoJack - RDWC - 1000 HPS

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DNorris, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Cool to see friends here,lets grow some!

2. Needless to say, excited here to see your results under lights.

:D

3. [quote name='"ReggieG"']Needless to say, excited here to see your results under lights.

:D[/quote]

Welcome Reggie! Happy to have you joining my thread. Speak up if you have any advice along the way!

4. So speaking up,

The motherplant, jackherer x redbeard, is from very very old seedstock from circa 1998, of a strain known in England as Bristol Bred.

Very big yield of Herer amped volume from the RedBeard.

Has been known to pull 4lb outdoor 24s.

The father is all North Cali goodness. I would never say it to a Californian but their genetics are standout. They sort of already know. Big Snowcap size and dimension from a strong Sativa background, likely Laos, which has been shortened flowertime wise. Frosty.

Yeah, am excited to see your grow....

5. [quote name='"ReggieG"']So speaking up,

The motherplant, jackherer x redbeard, is from very very old seedstock from circa 1998, of a strain known in England as Bristol Bred.

Very big yield of Herer amped volume from the RedBeard.

Has been known to pull 4lb outdoor 24s.

The father is all North Cali goodness. I would never say it to a Californian but their genetics are standout. They sort of already know. Big Snowcap size and dimension from a strong Sativa background, likely Laos, which has been shortened flowertime wise. Frosty.

Yeah, am excited to see your grow....[/quote]

Glad you're speaking up! Makes me really excited to see how the finish :) please continue to provide as much feedback/commentary as you would like.

6. Everything is going well so far. I'll probably dose with low strength nutes starting in a little over a week.

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining to all the new subscribers!

7. Well I jinx'd myself! One of the seedlings has taken a turn for the worse. It looked fine yesterday, but today it looks well on its way to death. I watered them as the rockwool was dry. I threw one more snojack into germ just in case the watering doesn't help. Thankfully the 2nd one looks great. Hopefully it pulls through and I end up with 3!

[​IMG]

8. Damn D. Sorry to hear... Looks kind of like stem rot? Any thoughts on the cause of the failure?

I like the question mark shape of the other girl lol.

9. Dam wish I saw the previous picture was going to say they look too dry and need more
    Water. That seedling is fried no hope for return IMO

10. ah,the wonderful world of that first 2 weeks!,it seems like even if you do everything right a few seedlings bite the dust,I seem to lose 2 at the beginning of every grow,and if I'm growing 4 of the same strain.I can never figure out why some live and some die.
    I kinda think its genetics, ie: it was predestined not to survive,just my humble opinion.
    sry norris

11. Try rapid rooters instead of rock wool. I hear they are much easier to use.

12. I ve never had that happen with soil...good to go,if I get em sprouted that nice...perhaps your light was too close?..Id be guessing,cause I know nothing about rock wool.

13. Yeah maybe.. But I would think I would have fried both :)

14. I got steered away from rock wool when I started. Everyone told me about moisture and PH issues, so I just used the RR.

15. I don't think I ever seen a seedling give up like that..

16. i used Rockwool for 1 grow, promptly moved to rapid rooters and havent looked back!

17. [quote name='"meigsgold"']I don't think I ever seen a seedling give up like that..[/quote]

Yeah my first..ohh well not too worried.

I will look into rapid rooters when all my rockwool is gone. I have a lot :)

18. so did i bro, and still have em sittin in the corner of my grow shit closet. their inoculated with goodness! check em out for sure!

19. I got 6 RR on eBay for like $6. Or you can get trays of 25. But they need to be stored In the fridge.