Simplest DIY Shelves Design for Two-Level Drip Hydro Grow in Tent?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by passthebilly, Sep 23, 2012.

1. #1 passthebilly, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
    My current 4x4ft/1.2x1.2m tent I'm going to use for cloning and mother plants. My tent it 6'7/2m tall.

Seeing I'm going to get a big flowering tent(s) later I'm mainly gonna use this tent for cloning, and I can fit two of tray of plants on top of each other. My goal is 100% space efficiency for my grow room, so I can pack heaps veg of plants in for flowering in 2-3 tents its size. I don't want to waste my vertical tent space. I'm just using some random table at the moment, it's too small though and my grow is starting to form a canopy!

How should I design my setup? I need:
    - 2 Shelves for my drip trays with holes for drainage hoses and pump hose
    - LED veg lights Lights mounted underneath top shelf
    - Space at bottom for my 10gal reservoirs, half of em for each level.

Attached Files:

2. Did you figure this out???
    Cause it's been over a week and I know you have been searching for ideas....

I personally would use metal conduit pipe...
    It's REAL cheap, like $3 for 10'....

4 holes in the sides, slide 2 pieces of pipe through, and set a board on it..
    You can notch the board so the shelves set nice on the metal poles, and add 2 screws in poles so they don't slide out...
    Done deal.... ;)

:wave:

3. I ended up getting a folding table. Holes have been drilled :)

[​IMG]

4. Cool!!
    Ya kind of thought you figured something out already...
    Sorry no one answered or tried to help ya it seemed.....

:wave:

5. Yeah I just moved all the plants on the table and I'll add more one day :) It's all good I think I'm just going to double stack these tables.

6. Don't see why not...
    Maybe take a thin square block with a hole in the center for the upper table leg, so they cannot slip off...
    Then I'd just gorilla glue the 4 little blocks to the top 4 corners....

Just something if you bump the upper table, its leg does not slip off and make a disaster in seconds... :D

7. Yeah I will probably drill like 1/2" holes under the legs to keep them secure, and I'll have to be extra careful lol

8. Also I don't see the point of having mothers, I'd rather just take 1-2 clones off each plant going into flowering.