How to increase tendon and ligament strength?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by BP to the DP, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, i used to work out a lot, but eight months ago i had an injury and I'm just getting back into lifting. I benched like two weeks ago, yes i started off with very light weight, but i ended up with two pulled muscles and a tendon in my elbow was hurt. I took care of them so now I'm fine, but is there any way i can increase the strength of my tendons to make sure i don't damage them? My original injury caused a bad case of tendonitis, all I'm pretty sure that weak tendons caused it. I'm assuming just start off even lighter, but does anybody know of any stretches or something like that that i can do?

2. im not sure this is the wway for you, but when i do pull ups it really nicely and gradually strengthens my tendons etc, i dont know what to do to say about legs, maybe jogging?

3. Believe it or not, tendon soups help.

Of course working out is greatly needed.

4. squats for your hips, push ups and pull ups for arms and shoulders and some back

outside of that its a matter of them gaining strength as you work out, just stretch and warm up before hand, and stretch again after hand and you should be fine

5. Resistance cables are good

6. I had tendon issues when resuming weight lifting too. Elbows, shoulders, knees, everthing.

but I kept the workouts light and the volume low for the first few weeks, and abnormal pains went away. I think you'll find the same results. Things will strengthen as they should just by doing the regular exercises.

When I started to get those tendon/joint pains, I would stop and call it a workout (at least for that body part) After about a month, they quit occuring.