Alternative Currency will lead the future

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ProvidencePlant, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Gold/silver > all imo. Never was interested in bitcoins. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel.

2. I'd rather use a wheel that's not manufactured and governed by an overpowered monopoly :p

I agree gold is better, but I can't access those reserves right now.

3. Nahh, its definitely not that easy. At first bitcoin seems simple and you think you'll find a vulnerability but nope, its pretty damn secure. Security researchers and hackers have been trying to exploit the system since before the Gawker article that sent the bitcoin price skyrocketing and drew attention to it.

Btw guys we're not supposed to talk about online drug marketplace's, I got warned/infracted for it (whatever it is), just so ya know.

4. #24 MrRaider, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
    [quote name='"Lay Low"']Gold/silver > all imo. Never was interested in bitcoins. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel.[/quote]

I fully agree but I'm positive you like me welcome competing currencies

5. Santana starting to finally make his mark with a digital currency.

6. Agreed. This isn't a competing currency though. It's just a different one. Competing currencies can't exist until the Fed's monopoly on legal tender is abolished.

7. For those of you doing things with bitcoin that could get you in trouble I recommend being very skeptical of anything new in regards to anonymity and privacy. You never know how a bust will go, remember the FBI/NSA/CIA can do alot of crazy shit and use things as cover to get what they want.

8. [quote name='"Lay Low"']

Agreed. This isn't a competing currency though. It's just a different one. Competing currencies can't exist until the Fed's monopoly on legal tender is abolished.[/quote]

True dat

9. ^ indeed. That is in fact what makes bitcoin all more valuable at this point in time. Diversify while you have wealth or take it from the vulnerable in the future.

10. #31 NasaJoe, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
    ECB Bitcoin plug
    http://www.ecb.int/pub/pdf/other/virtualcurrencyschemes201210en.pdf

11. ECB: "Roots Of Bitcoin Can Be Found In The Austrian School Of Economics" - Forbes

12. Currencies of the Future - Business Insider

13. Bitcoin Kiez Rollout: 3 New BTC-Accepting Stores and Restaurants in Berlin, More to Come | Bitcoin Magazine

14. ProvidencePlant, do you ever blog?

Also, you should drop by the #bitcoin-otc chatroom on freenode server
    My username: ElevatedDownfall

15. Total number of Bitcoins hits 10.5 million, production halves to stop inflation | The Verge

16. Happy half-reward day :)

17. Dollar-Less Iranians Discover Virtual Currency - Businessweek

18. bitcoins! suck it laylow!