Bob Badtram - 9/11 Memorial Sherlock

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GlassOtaku, Sep 11, 2012.

1. In honor of those who lost their lives during the tragic events of September, 11th 2001 I've decided to showcase this memorial sherlock done by Eugene great, Bob Badtram. Throughout the months following the events Bob Badtram made a small batch of sherlocks dedicated to the situation. All with individual little hand drawn marble images, including George Bush and Bin Laden, as well as the mystery guy pushing the plunger, all sorts of scenes like an upside down car at the bottom of the ocean, 2 detailed bridges, many buildings, statue of liberty, not to mention the towers themselves, this thing is packed with OG Badtram goodness. The topic and scene may be sad, but Bob's stunning tribute to the 9/11 attacks puts a warm yet almost comfortable sense of mourning attached to it. Rather than some bone-chilling and emotionally-freezing depiction Badtram's classic style let's you walk away from the piece with a empowered and patriotic feeling. I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I did, thanks for looking. :wave:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-9/11/01 Never Forget -​

2. wow.

bob badtrams style is very unique and impressive.

what a subject to take on, as well.

3. as odd as the piece is regarding its visual representation, and as cotroversial as it seems to me, i really kind of like it. its got an odd feeling to it, considering teh subject and whats pictured hahaha

aahh
    i have no real thojughts on this piece.

4. Sore subject definitely, but he's captured it very well. This artist has a lot of skill to pull it off to be honest. The cartoon-like images actually paint a more playful image instead of the real day. Great work, do you know how many were made?

5. Like others, sore subject, especially as somebody who has been affected directly by 9/11 and loved ones around me, I like the piece, however wouldn't feel "right" owning it, just one of those things imo

6. looks pretty sick, completely forgot about 9/11 being this month. Really digging the cartoon style like previously said, its really unique.

7. At first I thought this was going to be in very bad taste, but that certainly is not the case. I would pay top dollar for that, no questions asked.

8. Im not offended as such but is anyone else thinking WTF?

9. All the glass that comes from the Snodgrass guys is top notch. I had a nice Brad Tennor hammer and a Snodgrass hammer back in the day and both were by far the nicest pipes id ever had.

10. definatly an awesome piece.
    good job!

11. Lol

Now I want to see a 4 foot bong with Obamas face on the side!

Also it should say "yes we can" around the rim of the bowl and "change" written in white lettering on the base so that way when the water turns black you can see that you should change the water

12. This piece is very cool, I really appreciate art with a message.

13. This makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

14. yea the message the piece gives is so wierd and confusing hahah

15. "souls for oil". Maybe he's trying to say he thinks it was an inside job

16. unless you think the war in the middle east is in no way connected to oil or 9-11, that would make sense.

17. i love the art on this piece but don't know how i feel about the topic yet, definitely very ballsy of the artist. if i owned this, i would never smoke out of it simply out of respect for those gone on 9.11. you wouldn't use a piece of the berlin wall as a cutting board would you?

18. Totally agree, seems like everyone likes the piece but i don't understand why. It's a strange subject for glasswork, pretty awful artwork, It's tacky, and it looks like an amatuer could do that in an hour. Points for creativity i guess..?

19. Fantastic work. 

20. I don't know if I really like this sherlock that much.....but it's a good idea!