The Sangha Group (Official Buddhist Thread)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Kramer, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Kramer, do you mind if I post some pictures?

2. Not at all! Feel free to post anything that would be related to the Three Precious Jewels.

That would definitely be appropriate here.

3. Nothing to add, just subbing.

4. That's a wonderful place!

Thank you very much for making these visible to all who've never lain eyes on these scenes.

5. Today I meditated while high and it was divine. I've been wanting to get back into meditation as a daily thing because I've been forgetting and just too tired lately, and this was a good ease back into it :smoke:

6. Very happy to have found this thread! I have been working with this mantra lately "enlightenment is like a broken bell".

Ie. When a bell is struck, it will always ring. This can be extended to society where when approached the unenlightened individual will respond with a pre-determined reaction shaped by our cultural values and stereotypes; whereas, the enlightened are not reactionary. All words and phrases are well though out and objective. I hope this makes sense.

7. ^^ That reminds me of what a Tibetan Llama did for a school of youths with a bell, following the sound and seeing if they could "know where God was in the sound".

Pretty interesting results.

So there is a Tibetan group here in my town that I may start seeing as well as the Zen group that I am already attending.

Just received an email from one of the members after posing a meeting with someone there.

I think I shall pay a visit in a couple of weeks.

Also, Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche is supposed to be visiting their temple in the middle of August.

I think I will also attend his public speech then as well.

8. [quote name='"Kramer"']^^ That reminds me of what a Tibetan Llama did for a school of youths with a bell, following the sound and seeing if they could "know where God was in the sound".

Pretty interesting results.

So there is a Tibetan group here in my town that I may start seeing as well as the Zen group that I am already attending.

Just received an email from one of the members after posing a meeting with someone there.

I think I shall pay a visit in a couple of weeks.

Also, Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche is supposed to be visiting their temple in the middle of August.

I think I will also attend his public speech then as well.[/quote]

Next august?

9. Whoops! I meant October. Huge error in mental functions, there.

10. [quote name='"Kramer"']Whoops! I meant October. Huge error in mental functions, there.[/quote]

Yeah I was confused, that's a whole year from now haha.

11. It confused me to realize I typed up August. lol

12. Just about get ready to head out in a few hours.

Still need to get some comfortable clothes for tonight.

All about being comfortable while participating.

13. What I like about Buddhist teachings, is that they mesh so well with the scientific community, and the observable universe in general. I think they were definitely on to something....

14. [quote name='"Superweener"']What I like about Buddhist teachings, is that they mesh so well with the scientific community, and the observable universe in general. I think they were definitely on to something....[/quote]

The Dalai Lama once said.. "If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, then Buddhism will have to change."

15. Exactly, DD.

Buddhism is about not only growing spiritually, but it's REALLY about finding out the Truth.

16. #37 Fakir, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
    Hi everyone, ive been into buddhism since i was 16, been doing more or less on and off meditation since then, i need more discipline :(although it has always made me feel more relaxed and in control however much ive done it

i am 24 at the moment, and its theravada buddhism that ive been into

nice to see this thread :)

here is my favorite theravada source, it has so many texts, and you can download the entire website in a .zip file

www.accesstoinsight.org

and here is a great illustrated guide to like all buddhist sayings, its very nice to read :)

http://www.buddhanet.net/dhammapada/index.htm

[​IMG]

17. Thanks for posting this, Fakir.

Please, feel free to post as frequently in here as you want about anything related to the subject.

It is always nice to hear from another perspective.

18. Tomorrow arrives soon.

Not too long before I go back to meditate.

19. when im humble i am light and happy, when im feeling proud i feel the weight of the world so much more, thats what makes me want to follow the buddhist way, but the world still pulls me with its alluring traps :) i guess thats why its called practise!