Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. That's really strange. When I first read this I decided to try to clean my oil accessory to see if I had the same issue. I don't use it much but it did have some reclaim in it. The drops of oil didn't initially want to dissolve until i let it soak for a while then used a toothpick to work it out but it dissolved right away once that happened.

I don't understand why it's not dissolving. Let it warm up to room temperature. For something like this the freezer isn't the best place for it but it should have definitely dissolved when you heated it. There are others here who have done the same thing you want to do so hopefully one of them will have some other ideas. Are you sure your Everclear isn't water? We had someone here a little while ago who had some bad Everclear, watered down, and the way those drops look, there's no action there at all. [​IMG]

2. #8902 STIGGY, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    YOU ARE THE MAN
    Thank You Very Much

[​IMG]

3. Morning everyone [​IMG]...Not able to quote yet so bear with me....
    Sciatica is caused by a tight right hip flexor/musculature that creates a muscular pinch of the sciatic nerve which runs thru the buttocks and down the left leg. I have a LOT of experience with it and it Really, REALLY sucks!! Here's what works for me....
    If it's firing, I mean drop you to your knees, crawl on the floor, spasms from hell firing, call your Orthopod and get scheduled for a surgery. It's a disc and not sciatica. If it's painful as hell, "grabs" a bit but you don't drop you "gimp" along, like a sore thumb that won't quit throbbing, go with a heavy dose of Ibuprofin, not 2 or 3 200's but 5 or 6 every 4-6 hours until it releases. Or go w narcotics if you have them. I rarely use either but they are god sends when you need em. The tight muscles are compressing that nerve and you need to back them off BEFORE you can get to work on it. MM doesn't work for this level of pain relief.
    Once you're able to, start stretching. Sooner the better. Google hip stretches or find someone to help you. You need to "search" for your pain. There'll be points or areas that have tightness and you can work your way back to the initial source. It's a very slow process. You will be struggling to get rid of the pain while every time you sit it'll be aggravated. I have 5 or 6 stretches I do a couple times a day, every day. I also use a bouncy exercise ball to lay over which "pops" my back as good as any chiropractor.
    I had L4-L5 surgery in 1987 and have endured back pain all my life. I am still very active. Have horses, move n stack 12 tons a hay a yr for them as well as shovel more tons of horseshit than that [​IMG] and I like to throw the weights around. I intend to wear out...not rust out. Movement is life and you gotta move.....
    H [​IMG]

4. #8904 STIGGY, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    I know the answer I was messing with ya
    Thank You Much

5. Joker n pariah....I began using MM for "mood disorders" in place of my pharma drugs just over 3 years ago when I got on this site. It wasn't long after I found PSam n the gang and the rest is history....[​IMG]
    It took me a long time to find my strains. Tried over 100 and found 1 that's perfect and a couple others I rotate in. I had some serious sleep issues in the beginning so I used coconut oil caps for the deeper effects. I no longer need that help so today I use my vape and GD.
    For me cannabis works GREAT [​IMG]
    H [​IMG]

6. Hey how bout that...I can quote....
    No worries....Originally when I signed on here at Grasscity I was concerned about privacy. I'm 66+ and been a consumer since '67 so my relationship with pot is one of being very cautious. And being a MM patient with the ability to maybe do a little gardening it was even more important.
    Harley is one of my horses. She's a she n I'm a he. She has a cool name. I asked her one day if she minded if I borrowed it....she said nay....[​IMG]
    H

• Like Like x 1

7. 1

I remembered you as being a Man after I posted but never did hear the cool story behind the Name
    Thanks

8. #8908 PsychedelicSam, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    The Dark Star Genesis Project
    Sample Base - 2 Month

Dark Star Raw tinc1.jpg Dark Star tinc 2 month A.jpg

Dark Star Raw tinc3.jpg Dark Star Tincture 1 monthB.jpg Dark Star tinc 2 month B.jpg

Select Image to Expand

We have now reached the 2 month mark in our project and so far it seems that everything is working as expected with the natural decarboxylation of a raw, undecarbed and fresh ethanol extraction, Green Dragon. There was no heat whatsoever used in the processing and it has been stored in an airtight jar in a dark cupboard at room temperature. It has only been opened on the 3 occasions to extract samples for testing and twice for small amounts to use for other post-extraction heated decarb experiments.

The image at the top left is the results for the raw tincture after extraction and the top right image is the combination 1 month and 2 month samples with 1 month sample in the right column and the 2 month sample in the left column. To illustrate it further I have placed the graphs for all three samples below those.

The conversion rate seems to be consistent so far. In the raw tincture we had a base rate of THC/THCA around 20%. In the 1 month sample we had a 52% conversion rate and in this one we have a 77% rate, indicating so far that the GD converts approximately 25% of the preliminary inactive THCA into THC every month. We'll see next month.

We are beginning to see a lot of change in the other cannabinoids now. CBDA and CBD are gone but we now have THCV and CBN along with large increases in CBC and CBG. Because testing is a bit fickle, I'm not going to expect these to be accurate but instead will make an analysis after the last one next month using all four of the sample results to get a better feel for it. [​IMG]

9. <del></del>Cautionary tale: I am just discovering the amazing powers of GD. I was used to making edibles with an ounce of cannabis to a cup of butter. Strength was always variable. Now I make BHO and make into tincture and do a solvent transfer to butter. I can weigh the bho and calculate doses more accurately. I carelessly made some tincture with some BHO without measuring exactly- BHO or EC . I was putting the tincture into capsules when using it. Two 00 caps 1/2 full was a good dose. I did a solvent transfer of 1/2 of my tincture to the same amount of coconut oil with a bit of lecithin. I put the same amount of the now infused coconut oil into capsules. The new capsules in the coconut oil are very potent, much more potent than the tincture alone. I now see I'm going to need to be exact in my measurements of both the product and Everclear. I'm not used to tincture measured in drops! Since I only get mids, I can more accurately gauge amount/strength when I make BHO. Decarb that BHO, add to EC and I have some amazing tincture. I can't get used to the strength of this new product, it's great! I just need to learn to be more exact in my measurements and more conservative in my dosing.

10. I made that mistake once
    I was High for 2 days straight, could not walk straight, head spins and all....................

• Like Like x 1

11. Since you're a BHO person, which I am not, do you do anything with reclaim, if you use a rig? 777madmax is having some issues with his reclaim dissolving into the alcohol and if you or any other person with any tips could help out, that would be great. I'm completely stumped. [​IMG]

12. HiPSam I was wonderingifavyonehereha any experience with using cannabis after a stroke

13. #8913 PsychedelicSam, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Welcome, broomstick22, and thank you for participating in our discussions. I hope that we can provide some useful information for you.

I personally have no experience with strokes and cannabis. My adopted family had a predisposition for them so I have a lot of interest since it's my biggest fear. Even though I don't have direct experience from that, I will search out my data base and see if I can find some answers.

We have a lot of folks that come through here that may not say a lot, if anything, but they use cannabis for a lot of different things and maybe one, or more, can provide some personal knowledge on the subject. In the meantime I will start researching this for you and have it posted by tomorrow. Then we'll see how we can adapt it for your scenario.

One thing I do know is that a high CBD strain would probably be best.

Another thing I want to mention is that if this is personal and you don't want to broadcast your health info to the world, please feel free to use the Private Message function for a more direct conversation. [​IMG]

14. I will let the board know if I find out anything useful. I'm in thehospital right now with a right sided stroke

15. I've bee making your GD SO I CAN ATTEMPT HASH OIL. THANK YOU SAM FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND WRITING SKILLS

16. What is the difference between Top Shelf weed and Middle Shelf weed besides it's aesthetics looks?

17. They can do a lot with strokes these days so hang in there. I can confidently say that you have the best wishes of everyone in this thread. I hope they release you soon but not before you're ready. I hate hospitals but sometimes they are necessary. I've spent my share of time in them

I've already found some interesting things with my research so hopefully I'll be able to steer you to more specific strain selection if available. If you've made the GD before, you're already on the path and I'll help you dial it in for best results and we'll see if we can get you through this.

Just to let you know, I have several cousins who have had strokes and they all made what seems like miraculous recoveries so keep the faith. [​IMG]

18. I haven't figured it out beyond that, either. Potency plays a role in it, too, but I've had a lot of "midshelf" or "A & AA" that's been just as potent as "topshelf" or "AAA" of the same strains but cost a lot less. [​IMG]

19. Could it be that top shelf has more tarpenes? The difference in high when I vape between the two is quite significant. With mid shelf I get jittery while the top shelf is "more clean".

20. No, that has nothing to do with terpenes. It could be other things that are more growth and strain related. Are you vaping the mid and top shelf of the same strain and noticing those differences? [​IMG]