400 watt or 250 watt hps

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by still smkn, Sep 3, 2012.

1. does anyone have a 2x3 growroom and if so what size hps is best ty

2. [quote name='"still smkn"']does anyone have a 2x3 growroom and if so what size hps is best ty[/quote]

With adaquit ventilation a 400 would rock that place. I bet you would have less heat issues with the 250. Get a digital ballast and both lamps
    And see what works best. I started with 400 and pushed it up to a 600. But my area is 4x2x5. And I have extreme negative pressure and almost an airlock seal.

3. I have 2'x2' tent, I run my set-up in a closet without a way to bring any cool air in. My temps stay around 76-80 degrees with a 250w hps with a cooltube.

If you can get your tent connected to an ac vent and have a 350-400cfm exhaust fan pushing that warm air out, I don't see why you couldn't run a 400w light, if you're not sure about temps look into a digital ballast with a dimmer. My ballast can dim the watts down to 150-175-250-& 250 super lumens....just get a 400w dimmable ballast and you can bring it down to 250w if the temps get too difficult to control. Later

:bongin:

4. im running a 4 inch 80 cfm venting out doors and a 2 inch blowing air in but the cfls are running very hot but my reflector is almost as big as the room trapping heat its homemade so if i get a better inline fan it should cool it off better also the hps hould have a smaller hood so that should help to right