The road of life....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by JobCorps, Aug 26, 2012.

1. So today is my bday i turned 22 and i feel like i havent done anything with my life really....

I work full time at a sauce factory and have a son but idk i dont want to be just stuck there. My son and his mom arent together so I pay child support but idk i dont wanna be stuck at this job for the rest of my life i feel like im not doing anything with my life

idk how is life for everyone else....

2. What do you want to do that you feel you can't do or haven't done yet?

3. Did you go to college?

You got mad time man, but do what you want. I personally wouldn't want a kid that young, idk if that was planned but now you are stuck with it.

4. I feel the same way my dude, like I've done some crazy shit but in life it just feels like something's missing. I don't know if I have to continue doing things to fill it. It's just the world is fucked up and we all know it and individually we can't change anything. It seems to me, personally, that there's a dark cloud of incompleteness that never seems to go away... The world needs change

My bad.. High rambles

5. Dude needs to get his degree and get out of that sauce factory asap

6. What are you passionate about?

Do those things, and see where it takes ya.

7. What do YOU want to do? Take money out of the equation but be realistic. What are your hobbies?

Being a Dad and putting your son first of course should be your first priority.

8. yeah i take care of my son by any means i had him when i turned 20 he will be 2 in oct.
    I did some college but with my work fulltime got kinda hard so i stopped going to college but i do want to go back i miss school.

I am passionate about computers i love everything about them i know how to fix them i design, code websites, edit audio, edit video i can pretty much do anything with a computer and am good at it

I recently picked up a new hobby learning silk screen to make t shirts...
    but if i can do anything it would definitely be in the computer field.

9. take some night classes at college man

even if it's 1 a semester you will still be working towards something

10. i could take morning classes my work hours are 4pm to 1am
    but i have to pay for school or try to get loans even for a community college
    cause they will say i make too much for financial aid....which i really dont only like $26,000 a year but since me and my sons mother arent together i dont claim him as a depended or on my taxes so i will have to pay....

11. true but one class isnt that expensive. And most colleges will give you some time into the semester to pay your debt

12. #12 Window Frame, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
    Yeah if your good with computers do the night classes like the dude above said? I'm sure programming/web design will be alot easier on your body then any job in the sauce factory 20 years down the road.

I'd just look at it that way. If you do night classes while working at the sauce factory to care for your family it will be rough for a few years. Not too much rougher then working multiple jobs since its only school. But still a bit taxing.

After you graduate you will have an easier job and more time to spend with your family. Plus more money at the start, or at least down the road. Also alot more room for promotion in the direction you want instead of just working your way up to manager at the sauce factory.

Edit: ^^ Concerning your taxes. I don't know alot about taxes but.... If your kids mother took you to court for child support, doesn't that make your child or her a dependent? They depend on your money.

Maybe I'm thinking too simply. But maybe claiming one more dependant will get you financial aid. Also you really don't need the aid if your serious about not being stuck. Safe up some money wherever possible and take the classes. It is that simple sadly.

2nd Edit: You can claim your kid as dependent if you pay child support. I googled it and it was the top result for "Can you claim your kid as a dependent if...."

13. oh I also should mention you could probably do online courses as well

14. The computer field is huge. I'd try finding a job now that involves computers and doesn't require you to have a college degree. Maybe like at Best Buy or other large scale electronics company? That way you can deal with computers and still collect a pay check. Definitly try to take some online courses at least too, even if it's one course at a time you are still actively working toward a degree. Resume building is the key. This way it's "working on/with computers at X Company" and not "working with sauce".

15. Check out www.coursera.com it's a website ran by high level teachers from all over the country, colleges like Duke, etc... It's all free, for the people by the teachers. It's a revolution in the way schooling takes place. You learn what you want and on your time. Just check it out anyone who is interested in continuing education for free. Spread the word too.

16. Online courses aren't bad dude especially for computer courses. I my self am very intelligent with computers and can do quite a lot, I started a free course online at Stanford for programming too, I need to finish that.

Thoughtout my life, just because I was good with computers my friends and family said oh college college go to college for computers make a lot of money get a good computer job be a beast. And it was put into my head "Ok I need to go to college for a few years for computers".

My entire life has been that, I am 18 now the other day I thought to my self. Wait, is this what I really want to do? I love computers and am really good with them, but is this the career I want? Because I work for an electric company, I'm best friends with the boss's, and I am learning a lot and it's kind of my new hobby, it's interesting and I enjoy it and now I am thinking of becoming an electrician. Now I'm thinking about using my money to go to college for electrical trade and become a fucking PRO at that even better than my bosses..

But then part of me still wants to go master in computer sciences and programming and rape all these mmo's i play and create my own mmo.

Especially the 1500$ jobs for installing a service which is EASY AS FUCK lol.

You need to do what YOU want man. Do what makes you HAPPY and makes enough money to support your kid.

17. [ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wo899_TwXs]YouTube - Motivational Quotes and Music[/ame]