When should I add nutrients to my autoflower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UnknownGrower, Aug 18, 2012.

1. My plant is now turning a week old and is about 2 inches now. My plant is an autoflower called auto bomb and from what I understand they skip the vegetative stage so I'm wanting to add my nutrients now at 1/4 so it would be diluted. Since it's an autoflower I want to make sure I can get it as big as i can with a good yield. If I start adding nutrients now will my plant be fine. I'm using pro mix soil and my nutrients are technaflora's recipe for success kit. I'm new to growing and I do not want my girl to die. If you guys could give me A good direct answer that would be awesome :hello:

2. What i did with my autos this year is i waited till the third set of leaves popped out and started my fox farm grow big nutes( at about 30% the reccomended strength) as soon as flowering began i switched to the big bloom and tiger bloom.

3. Autoflowers do not skip vegetative stage. They go through a shorter vegetative process, but they still go through a vegetative phase.

Which PRO Mix are you using? Some of these pro mixes come loaded with organic amendments that will last around a month.

4. my 1 month old ( grass o matic maxi gom ). Are they healthy looking or no ? I had no connection with getting good soil, i only came across 16 quarts of hoffmans organic potting soil , with slow release nutes. I started feeding a compost tea at the 2nd & 3rd week with just molasses and castings. On week 4 i added half tsp of veg guano, with the tea & she shot straight up . After that little by little i increased the dosage of veg nutes to about 3 tsp. is that good ? I woke up today and the coytledon leafs were dried and curled up, but each fan leaf still looks bright and green.

Attached Files:

5. #5 Highlife1050, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
    PICTURE ON LEFT = week 5. i think shes beginning to show her sex .
    PICTURE ON RIGHT = week 5 1/2; shes about 4 inches high and 3 1/2 inches wide, why is she a bit little ?

Attached Files:

6. I need FACTTSS !!

7. week 5? dam mine is already budding w 11 diff buds sights. 30 days

8. op - what fluffy said. diluted nutes should be ok but you want to be sure not to burn it considering its short life span. 3 weeks is when i usually start supplementing with added nutes, but at a lower dose and then ramp up from there. you just have to keep a sharp eye on how your girl is taking it.

highlife, do you have enough light there? looks way too small for that age. coytledon's dying is natural, and the plant looks healthy, just 3 or 4 nodes at that age seems a bit behind. but hey maybe im way off.

9. #9 Highlife1050, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
    @dubtug; started off in jiffy pellets, till roots started sticking out the bottom then transplanted @ 2 weeks into 18 oz cup of Hoffsman Potting soil.
    As of then i gave it 1 single Cfl 11 watts. then increased thru time . As of now i am using 5 33watt cfls . & still no type of budding. :confused: . @ albert: I have about 100 watts 4 inches above it , and is on a 20/4 light cycle .

10. LAST BREW FEEDING WHICH WAS ABOUT 4 DAYS AGO ( 3 tsp down to earth veg guano ) cup of Wormcastings, & molasses . Feeding 2 cups every 3rd or 4th watering .

11. hate to be taking up the op's thread here bud .. you should really set one up for yourself, not trying to be a dick here but, ya know.

personally i don't like pellets or anything like it, but thats just me. ive had bad experiences with them in the past. the roots had a tough time getting out of the mesh holding the pellet together and the plants got stunted. every auto i have seen suggests planting in final pot to avoid any transplanting stress, and i have never had any issues doing this (5gal pots). could the roots be caught up? sounds like you should have enough light for the plant, assuming those are actual watts. by 30 days my low girl auto's are usually about a foot tall and show sex after approx. 2 weeks.

link to a pic of one of my last round at 30 day - http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=541648&d=1298327724

12. shes a beauty

13. Im glad people are finally using this thread. Grow looks great!

14. yo should usually not transplant autoflowers at all. Stresses them out too much. try starting it from seed in a 3 gall pot. Thats what i was told and my 4 week old looks really good

15. ^^

.... said three posts up. I use 5 gals and the roots don't seem to have much issue filling them up. I'm sure 3 gal's would be fine too tho. Just got my new grow posted in my sig if you guys want to take a look.:wave:

16. so do you guys think is it better to go with a 3gl bucket or a 3gal smart pot? i am getting ready to start my 5x5 tent and was thinking of going with smart pots with auto flowering seeds

17. I hear nothing but good about the smart pots bud. Never used them, just mainly because I'm too impatient to wait for pots before I germ. I don't think anyone that knows about them / used them would argue that buckets are better.

18. Albertahigh! Whats happenin brother!? Right now im using an air pot. Seems like its doing a good job. Almost chop time too so in a week or so ill take a picture of the root mass after using this pot. Its a 30 liter, huge pot. The auto took a while to root but when it did get a good mass going, it shot up quick. Heres a quick pic.

image-1924945641.jpg

19. Feel free to post whatever brother. That's what were all here for!

20. I was wandering i wanna grow a autoflower but do not have a budget for nutes do i have to feed it nutes bc i saw a video on youtube saying u can grow with no nutreints is that true "you can grow autoflower with out nutrients???"