Hemp wick with vapor genie?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Heosphoros, Aug 13, 2012.

1. So my brother recently got a vapor genie. I have to say I wasn't expecting much, but for a 50 dollar vape it works pretty damn well. I've yet to combust or get anything other than large vapor clouds.

One thing I'm really not a fan of is the taste of using all that butane! Its better tasting than smoking but still not ideal. Id anticipated this and already have a decent supply of humboldt hempwick from my smoking days.

However I can't seem to get hempwick to work. It doesn't seem like its getting anywhere near hot enough. With a bic I'm getting large vapor rips in seconds. I could hold the hempwick there for what seems like all day and I get nothing =/, herb doesn't vape at all.

Hempwick is mentioned on vaporgenies site as well as being mentioned here as the better lighting alternative. I'm curious if anyone has successful experience with it, and how exactly they managed to get it to work.

2. Well, it does burn at a lower temperature than a lighter. Maybe just hold it longer? I don't really know, I don't have a vapor genie :smoke:

3. Maybe try a different brand of the hemp wick?

I forgot which brand I used (pretty sure its considered crappy since it was free, i-tal I think) when I had a vapor genie and I never had any problems.

I guess the flame will be smaller so you have to place it better to pull the most heat?

Either you just need to find the right sweet spot (distance of flame to bowl or try taking smaller/quicker puffs) or you need some hemp wick that burns with more flame.

Or use a double strand or your hempwick wound together for more fire?