No more glass on Etsy

Discussion in 'General' started by cookiecrisp, Aug 13, 2012.

1. thats a big hit

2. Meh oh well. Never was one to want to order glass online. Headshops and locally blown glass for the win.

3. who are they? pfft nobody obviously

4. It is nice to see what your getting before you buy it but you can also save a lot of money ordering online.

My Black Leaf Nautilus for example is a steal for $100 IMO

5. That's a bummer, I like Etsy. I look at glass and shit on there while im lookin at peoples handmade Jewlery to get ideas. They have some awesome stuff all around.

6. I just bought a pipe yesterday off etsy, looks like I just made it

7. Damn. Etsy is where I got my first pipe. There are (were?) some really good glass workers on that site make quality stuff for [generally speaking] very reasonable prices.

8. this is pretty old news - Pipes are still okay, just no bongs. This rule has been in place for quite some time now, being an etsy seller/buyer I would know :)

9. Damn I've gotten a few glass spoons on there for less than $10 shipped
    Good thing I recently bought another one

10. Damn thats fucked up thats an awesome site. Lots of beautiful pieces and nice people to support. Etsy you pussy.

11. damn thats a shame, i recently got a few pieces off etsy, i got in contact with the blower directly got great prices, quick shipping, and a free gift. IT was a great experience, its a shame that they are banning the sale of pipes, its a great community to get a hold of an actual blower, rather than gettin the pipe by a middleman

12. Arg, Etsy. I love them, but sometimes they make me crazy (I'm a seller there so I get to see both sides).

13. I love their glass!

14. did no one read my post?! The ban isn't for all glass - pipes are still going to be sold. Just no more bongs, bubblers, etc.

this is old news.

15. What about chillums?

16. The Etsy blog specifically states that pipes with carbs are now verbotten.

That would mean the only "pipes" that can be sold on Etsy now are old-school style tobacco pipes, and lets face it: there aren't many stoners interested in a glass pipe without a carb for weed smoking

17. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

The Etsy blog specifically states that pipes with carbs are now verbotten.

That would mean the only "pipes" that can be sold on Etsy now are old-school style tobacco pipes, and lets face it: there aren't many stoners interested in a glass pipe without a carb for weed smoking[/quote]

That's why you use the "message" option to ask the glass blower to add a carb privately. Like I said this is old news.. I don't know why they posted that again, but yeah they banned all glass besides pipes without carbs some time ago. You can still buy and choose from thousands of pieces though.

Unless you're interested in buying a bong from etsy, this won't affect you :p

18. Wondered why the pics never had carbs..looks like they're all still on there here's the super thick dicro piece I got for 23 shipped

Attached Files: