California Lightworks 200w Solarflare LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rhapsodyrcks, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Yep, it's a conspiracy.

Growers everywhere are working together to fool people on the internet into believing that an alternative light source can grow marijuana.

Come on dude, for real?

You need to do some research.

2. Rhapsodyrcks, I just got my solarflare 200w fullcycle and set it up today. Im flowering with the solarflare and a 400 hps, so Im on 12/12 , the lights are off right now and I had a quick peek and I saw this,

[​IMG]

The solarflare is still giving off light! I need to know if this amount of light is gonna hermie up my plants. I went through alot of trouble lightproofing my growroom so having the solarflare still giving off light is freaking me out.

I went with the fullcycle vs the bloombooster so I could throw the led in my tent if I ever want to.

3. Doesn't look bright enough to do anything, to me at least.

Remember, the moon provides quite a bit of light at night, and doesn't mess anything up. I seriously doubt that faint little glow will have any effect at all.

But hey, I could be wrong.

4. Yeah same conclusion I came to. Decided not to worry about it.

5. There is definitely something wrong with that unit. Possibly a bad LED driver.

6. This.

I've been emailing George over at California Lightworks the last few days and he assures me that the amount of light SHOULDNT affect my grow.

HOWEVER, the light is indeed faulty. I have to have it replaced. I got 5 and a half weeks left to flower (give or take a week) and Ive decided that if hes cool with it Im just gonna finish flowering, THEN send it back in. By then the next round of plants wouldve outgrown my hps and be in need of some supplemental lighting.

My main concern was that the light still being on would cause hermies, and since that hopefully shouldnt be the case, Im not really sweating it. Yeah it sucks and all, and Im a little pissed; but eh, shit happens I suppose.

7. how is there still light from led when the power is off? its supposed to turn completely off.
    dont you use a timer that suts power???

8. Yes, but the internals of the light are still sucking power and producing a dim light. Something within the unit itself is preventing it from shutting off the light completely. George says he has an idea of what the problem is but he didnt get into the specifics.

Its fine though, I sorted it out with George and they're sending me a new unit with a return label so I can send the faulty one in. I don't lose any flowering days this way.

9. Considering everyone says George at California is of great help, I would suggest advanced RMA, you could give him your credit card info and he ships new one right away so that you can keep your semi-faulty one meanwhile, once the new one arrives you swap them and sends him the defect and it doesnt halt your production.

10. Yeah already got the new one and send back in the old one. George was super helpful, it sucked that my unit had to be faulty but fuck it, its all good now.

Problem resolved.

11. One of the quadrants of my Solarstorm went out recently. Shot a email they sent me a new one and I returned the old one in the same box. Excellent service.

12. it must suck if that happens right after warranty period.

13. They actually explained it that on early models they had a soldering issue on a component and for that warranty was extended I think he said. Kinda like Xbox 360 with there red ring of death they had.

Nothing lasts forever though. Just how it is.

14. I i recently got the 400 SS and wouldnt worry much about it dying after the warrany. The warranty is 3 years and they are made right here in the states, and with the track record i have seen across various site, it prompted me to buy one. Even if it cost me a little more, i know it is a quality unit that the manufacturer will stand by if something goes wrong.

15. Yay! just got my very own Solarflare today!! :hello:

It's very nice, and runs super cool and quiet.

Finishing my Purple Kush and starting my blue dream in 12/12

can't wait to see my plants grow under that light

16. im looking into that down the road look forward to seeing it from a start.

17. Been smoking some of the Wappa I grew in this journal ... it may be a auto but its like mental dental floss on the brain. Great daytime smoke. This is on my regular grow list now.

18. ill try it out