Got into a car accident 2 days ago

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Senseii, Aug 3, 2012.

1. [quote name='"BushSquatting"']Even if it was a woman, if someone punches me in the face, I will put your face in the ground.[/quote]

Lol cmon guy. But if she does try to sue you or something you should use that in court.a

2. Yeah it really was a shitty feeling..and yeah its pretty much both of our faults...

Thanks! but yeah a lawyer costs $$ which i dont have...hopefully it doesnt end like that

I was in shock so i didnt even feel it or anything but her kid was hurt a lil so i see why and i was the one to get blamed for everything...bullshit

Yeah that's what i am most likely going to do hopefully it doesnt come down to that..im going to get the footage today hopefully

3. maan that sucks that you lost ur civic and you have hope here. Now it sounds like they havent found the persons whos fault it is yet, in canada they do it right at the scene. Anyways when you go to court or whatever say that you were like 10 feat from the light going 40 when you saw it turn yellow so knowing that there was no way to stop before the line you thought that it was safer for the wellbeing of society that you continued thru the light, the lady musta paniced when she saw the light and turned immediately.

This sound to me like it was her fault, both went thru a yellow light but she turned infront of you, this is lookin good man u should be able to get ur car (a replacement most likely) back.

4. Fail dude. Rules of the Road booklet = win

5. Man I would have broke her fucking jaw if she punched me in my face.Why is every blade on here so pacifist?She had no fuckng right punching you in the face.I don't give a dame if her kids where in the back seat unconscious.The lights don't turn green until the lights turn red.Its her fault bro.

6. I think he made the right decision...he had a yellow and he had to make a choice-gun it and try to make it through or slam on the brakes and end up in the middle of the intersection. If he would of done the latter the woman who he crashed into would of crashed into him according to his story. And any other car that might have been coming through. If the witnesses are right and the woman you crashed into you had a red light she is totally at fault..I dunno just seems like a shitty situation. Glad you didnt get hurt man.

7. it needs to be clarified why the fuck she just stopped and if she had a red light. and fuck her you can't walk around hitting people in the face male or female. why are you alright with being punched by her of course you did the right thing by not really reacting but supermommy can't half cause a crash then get out and punch the other person involved in the face that isn't how it works.

8. Op's probaly a pussifist.

9. Or an adult. :rolleyes: :smoke:

10. OP be honest, did it really change RIGHT while you were crossing or was their a moment of time when The light had turned red and you were still outside the intersection?

11. Hahahaha..now im gonna act hard and prove myself over the net....naaattt

12. maybe like a half second difference

13. That is really stupid. My brain has never thought that

14. Well turns out she lied on the police report and said she was going down a different road on the intersection where the accident happend and said i was trying to turn left where she "supposedly" was coming from but i was in the right lane (2 lanes going same direction) and i tried to make a left turn..1..i was in the right lane and 2..it says no turns..i have gone down this road numerous times..problem is both the witnesses are on her side and i have footage from the gas station right in the middle of the intersection showing her car direction and mine an the scene after (gas pump was in the way of the accident)..so all this is being blamed on me..i heard from the employee at the gas station was suing me..so if anybody can help me out id appreciate it..should i get a lawyer or atleast sit down and talk to him in regards of the accident and having a chance against the person or insurance?

15. and to the people saying they would've reacted differently than i did..well i probably would have too if it wasnt for the situation..it was a accident i was in shock i couldn't really even explain what happened...and that kinda explains the police report...i didnt say anything

16. Op. when my father was young man he lost his best friend in a car accident.
    It's a thing he carries with him to this day. They were smashed into by a drunk driver..You should be thankful, you're alive and all your friends/family are still there, not too mention the fact that you didn't kill anyone or something slightly less horrific. What you did was grossly inappropriate. Please make this a life lesson and learn from it.

I've been in two car accidents just last year with my father where we were the ones being hit(we were both unhurt except maybe some neck pain). One in the winter and the other early September. It is a scary thing, and you'd be a fool to say otherwise. You barely have time to think/act/react you just pray everyone inside both cars is going to be alright.

There's only thin lines separating us all and everyone inside is a imperfect fallible human being..whose to say what can happen. Everyone just has to do there part and DRIVE SMART. So many deaths every year from this..you hear about it everyday. It's such a preventable waste. A pet peeve of mine to say the least.

17. If you have proof that she's lying through her teeth, such as the video, that could be a means for them to drop the case. I have no experience in this, but if she sues you and is lying about what happened, SHE could be the one thats fucked. Especially if she's lying in court.

18. Weaselhead, you ranting or something? Cause that sure as fuck didn't help...

What BearBaked said. The law suit will be thrown out if she's caught lying. I'm pretty sure it's a 50/50 fault. I would say it's her fault though. It's cause of dumbass's like her that America has so many accidents. I bet she didn't even look or think twice before turning.

19. OP, even if a lawyer cost money, it will SAVE you in the long run. Get a lawyer, trust me you'll win.

20. #40 Keifer Suthrlnd, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    you're gonna need a lawyer, go consult with a few and see what they say, or wait til you get the notice that you are being sued. its up to you, either way its a long process and nothing is immediate.

some things to consider: how much does your insurance policy cover? do you own any major assets? was your car registered/insured under your name? any $$ damages awarded will depend on the extent of the injuries.

2 and 3 cars in a row blow through full red lights all the time where I live in CT, im surprised i don't see accidents like this more often. read up on your state red light laws, since you were still in that intersection when the yellow turned i believe its legally your fault, even if their statements are off. She could still say her light turned green and she went

my buddy drives with a dash cam in case of stuff like this, it only cost $60