Immortality Close? 2045 Initiative

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Paradox Master, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Oh Gods! Now that is a site to behold XD

That's actually something that would be interesting to research. Though if such a thing was possible, it would be many thousands of years before we would even be able to reach such a point. We are still barely able to comprehend the physics of our own universe, never mind the metaphysics that may lie beyond.

2. Have you read any of the stories of ascension as it relates to Atlantis and Lumeria?

3. Not particularly, though sounds like a great piece of fiction. That being said, I'd be interested in learning more as, even if its a waste of time it should be a good tale.

I have to admit, I've never heard about Lumeria before.

4. Personally, I believe in Christ, God, etc. Honestly, I believe ill be ready to leave when my time comes. If this project does seem to work, I believe that it will be ridiculously expensive, cause all sorts of morality debates, and even war. Think if a terrorist got a hold of that technology and only caused the world grief.

5. They are pretty interesting stories, Lumeria, is considered a pre-Atlantis or existing in a similar time frame.

There is a good moral to the story that goes along with what you said earlier. Basically, Lumeria tried to reach ascension through spiritual means (meditation and whatnot), and Atlantis tried to reach ascension through technology (brain zapping doohickies). Both succeeded, but failed and destroyed themselves, due to people not being ready for the power that ascension brings.

6. Ever thought that maybe we won't be "allowed" to achieve such a thing? That we have to play by the rules of nature, and eventually go out in our due time?

7. Would you have to change batteries? Dying its a gift aswell.

8. Personally, I believe that religion and spirituality was man's way of coming to terms with his mortality, and believing in a transcendent afterlife. Now I'm not saying its impossible, or even unlikely, as its not. (Hell some pseudoscientists believe its possible for us to already be immortal due to quantum physics, where when you die in this universe, your conscious perspective would just shift to another you in a parallel universe where you are unaware that you died since your consciousness wouldn't be around in the original universe to observe the result of your death.)

However that said, just because you personally believe in Christ and and afterlife and are ready to die, doesn't mean you should have the right to have a choice whether or not this technology is created. Your god granted us the free will to pursue our own dreams, even if its against his laws. Think about that for a second.

Like I said above, God gave us free will, or if he doesn't exist the universe did. Where is there any evidence that the universe or god will stop us from achieving this? Just because we die now, doesn't mean its always meant to be. We don't live in a static un-changing universe, we live in a chaotic reality, where nothing ever remains the same, never does one species stay on top, never does one planet never die, eventually the stars will run their course, the universe will rip itself apart, or face a heat death from continuous expansion, or myriad of other possibilities. The one possibility that has been ruled out from observation, is a static unchanging universe.

Sorry for the long ranting post, just had to get that off my chest.

9. I think the hardest part would be uploading our current personality to the A.I, a clone is different from a duplicate...
    Whatever may come, I'm exited

10. #70 xpixiex, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    You could argue that the tower of Babel is a prime example of God getting angry at people doing something he didn't want... But then again if He/She or even It doesn't want us doing this, It will just blast us apart and change our communication skills all over again. I mean if God granted us curiosity, we might as well use it even if curiosity killed the cat.;)

Isn't there another story in the Bible where 3 dudes get money. One loses it, the other gains a shit ton of it while the last buries it. The one who buried it got scolded or something. Idk man, my bible knowledge is hazy. The point of that story is that it's better to try than to not try.

11. That's very true, if there is a god (I am pretty much half and half on the matter.) if not then again what is the harm in trying?