Immortality Close? 2045 Initiative

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Paradox Master, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Do they not have magnets?

2. flying cars and avatars before 2020? I'm still waiting for my hover board from Back To The Future.

3. #23 FacelessPotato, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    [quote name='"Pink_bagel"']

You won't have to worry about that because the rich and powerful will probably be the only people allowed to access this technology.[/quote]

If being mass produced, middle class people could afford this, it's an investment on life, definitely worth it.

I know exactly what you mean and that's a good mind set to have, and don't worry I'm only 18 saving money isn't too hard of you cut back on shit that you know you don't need, try to start investing at a young age.

4. #24 Paradox Master, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    I'm optimistic, but even in that optimism, I know things aren't as cherry and rosy as they are making it out to be, but I think its still quite a possibility if we overcome it because the science is there, that much we know.

Yeah, investing is something I'm already doing, and I try to get buy without much in terms of stuff I don't need (other than the occasional computer upgrade.)

Well hopefully we overcome that issue. Would be funny though
    2045 News Headline "Immortal killed by magnetic accident."
    I dunno, humor is not my forte.

5. Sorry,

I just don't see this being mass produced. "Who deserves to live forever?" That will probably be the question they ask and they will answer, "Only me." Being the politicians that they are, they will probably find some process or make up a law.

6. The guys working on this technology are not politicians. The founder is some rich Russian guy (who owns a bunch of news papers apparently), that wants everyone to have access to this technology. The rest of the team working on it are experts on various fields of the sciences, most of them already well known for their own works or ideas.

I know where your coming from, but I think this group is going about it right. They are even reaching out to spiritual leaders (the Dalai Lama is an example of one who is endorsing this project) so that as these technologies are produced, they are releasing the info to the general public. If they keep doing that, then we don't need to worry as much for them u sing it only for themselves because face it, the majority of the population would rebel.

7. Legit or not things like this are the reason I'm investing. We'll probably see the beginnings of transhumanism or something similar in the next 50 years and I don't plan to be poor when it happens.

8. Dude, fuck normal people.

9. Transhuman, as in... DOLPHIN-MAN!? I'd give up my flabby human body to become a dolphin. Straight up.

[​IMG]

10. Good idea but it's not possible

11. Oh, but it is possible.

12. Virtual reality would seem like a better solution, but who knows when the market will push r&d towards it in any serious manner.

13. One question i have is this: what happens to my orgasms once i become a robot?

14. You squirt oil mane

15. #35 xpixiex, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    How can we push the market towards this? I guess investors would be the only thing that would help. Or rich philanthropists, since it's not just about virtual reality.

Hell, if I decide to finish engineering school I wouldn't mind working on something similar to this. Even if it pays less than the average engineers salary, since I'd be doing something I consider to be important, you know? I would even volunteer my time for something like this. Plus if we're really making this for everyone and we plan to move forward with space exploration and whatnot, I don't see why money would be as important. But maybe that's the thing that could kill this type of project. Money becoming less important scares people. :(

16. Can robot androids A,B, or C smoke weed? If not I'll pass

17. fuck this, I don't want to stay more than my time allows. if people could live forever, people wouldn't do jack shit.

"I can do it tomorrow, or next year, or in a hundred years, fuck I guess it doesn't really matter does it"

18. That's a pretty good point... but either way, what happens when every square inch of the world is covered by us robotic freakin things?! You know we're gonna have to build a world somewhere else now...

19. #39 xpixiex, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012

The video showed them taking interest in space exploration. I got the feeling that they're trying to create a lot more than just robots.

Here's a relevant and entertaining video on the subject. It's possible that we are on the threshold of this actually happening. Exciting stuff for sure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GooNhOIMY0]Michio Kaku 3 types of Civilizations - YouTube[/ame]

20. If this technology gets her, space travel wont be far away at all, living on a planet without and atmosphere can be possible if you don't need or have lungs. I love this idea, and i will definately be investing in it, think of the endless possibilites the human race can do if this technology is here.