New Project Ideas

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sledge20, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Just wanted to put in my opinion....... I did a lot of research looking to buy LEDs and found out a lot of them on the market do not actually put out what they claim... If you end up buying one, make sure you get one with 3w or bigger diodes, anything less will give you results similar to CFL's... Avoid the older blackstar models aswell they usually only put out half of what is advertised. However the new blackstar chromes with 5w lights look promising. Lumens do matter and you are going to have to pay a lot more for the light you will get with LEDs. Hps IMO is a much better option, the people saying that hps lights are useless because they are the wrong spectrum clearly haven't seen the thousands of reported grows domes with hid lights. Perhaps the blue and red spectrums are absorbed better but cannabis plants are obviously willing to thrive under 6500k & 2300k spectrums.... But, to each his own. Is I only wanted to grow 1 or two plants (not even enough for personal use) or I was filthy rich I would be buying LEDs all day long.

But whatever. I'm high.

2. That what ive been trying to tell these wanna bs, because real growers like us dont fall for all that hype, i tried leds but it veged the shit outa my plants, i gave it back to my friend and got my money back, he bought it for 400$ and was trying to sell it to me for 150 only cus he knew it sucked!
    So there u have it leds arent the best and not the most affordable.:(

r

3. i guess they have some decent ones for at least a grand apiece that are supposed to be equivalent to 1kw hid bulbs, id have to try one out myself to see the results, but no way in hell ill be dumping that much cash on a "maybe" i know what hids can produce and the resulting crops are far more than enough to cover all electric bills from running an ac unit to keep it cool.

that comparison of a 200w led vs a 250w hps is not the greatest to go by. a 250w hps is not very efficient and they were growing small plants. they both came no where close to 1gr/watt. 600w hps's are the most efficient lumen per watt. and yes some of the cheap shitty 600w bulbs have different specrums with lots of un usable light and can be just as inefficient even with a high lumen rating.

not hating on leds..since ive never used one, but ive never seen the same results growing large plants, in large areas with leds. ive seen some videos of leds being used for scrogs and pulling more than a gram per watt..but they were also trying to advertise the light :p who knows. i can get pretty damn close to 1gr/watt with a 600hps with simple training(fim, topping, and lst) and could probably get more than a gr/watt with a full 4'x4' scrog with a 600hps depending on strain

4. Exactly.... I think one of the main reasons they are so expensive is because they are a new technology... Remember when cd players were super expensive.....because they were a new technology. Right now they have LED TV's aswell... All of which will fade when something better comes out in a few years..... Cost will go down on these and maybe they will be worth it then.

5. Acually i have 250 w hps and it does a great job, i have 9 plants growing hydro, and almost every plant has yeild me almost 1lb per plant i could go with 400 or 600 but im growing in a 5x4 closet and my concern is heat also but its done a hellova job flowering my girls, now im growing 4 super skunk, and 4 top dawg and almost every plant is gonna yield close to a 1lb.

6. lies and slander........ show some proof of ur 9 lbs. i dont believe you obe little tiny bit...i seen you posting stuff asking about when to harvest a little while ago so im sure ur not growing 9 plants gettin a pound each (or even and oz each under a 250w hps)

by the way you never seem to give us any names of the products you claim to use..... and i mean i kno ur slow in all but 4+4 is 8 dude..........

7. Yeha i had 9 but one stayed dwarft so i took her outa my room, and i have asked questions because i dont think that im a knowit all like some people, this is my 4th harvest im a bit more experienced now and yes i made mistakes like harvesting too late or early, or useing leds but i tried to listen to the more experienced growers and now im doing just fine. But at least im open minded when someone gives me advice and i also try and thank them for putting their two cents, not try and bash them for taking time to help me after i whent on line asking what sometimes seem like stupid questions.