NYC mayor Bloomberg: "all police should go on strike until US citizens surrender guns

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jdm_420, Jul 25, 2012.

1. I would just like to pipe in that JDM is completely right and Kush Lord is talking out of his ass.

2. So what your suggesting is that he is saying that police should go on strike until criminals ( ie people who shouldnt have guns ) hand in their weapons? Why in the fuck would they do that, to bring back the people who are trying to stop how they make a living? Your either completely wrong or he is stupider then I thought.

3. Did you even watch the video?

Bloomberg never uttered the words that anyone "hand over" anything.

4. Great news. I hope that this new gun-control movement is successful. They've already got 550 mayors involved with it - it's time to let D.C. know that we've had enough death and injuries from firearms, and there are 34 Americans murdered with guns every day.

Below is the link for The Mayors Against Illegal Guns. I just signed the petition, hopefully some other members of GC will as well:

Splash

5. #46 TheOriginalMad, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    If you think gun control laws will stop shootings your ignorant. As a stoner you should know better than anyone that if theirs a demand their will always be a supply. Guess its better to only let criminals have the guns aye?
    Your nitpicking over words but the principle is the same.

Edit: I just wanted to point out that I am just about the most peaceful person I know ( coming from others mouths not mine so don't bitch about that ) and if gun control helped then I would be all for it. But it doesnt, taking away law abiding citizens guns has never and will never be a deterrent for crime. I wish their was a way to have peace without violence but their simply isn't. Their is no feasible way that it will happen.

Mutually assured destruction is the closest our species will ever get to world peace.

6. Nitpicking? I'm pointing out that the title of the thread and article is totally misleading. He did not even imply that all US citizens hand over their guns. You obviously havent even watched the video. Do some research before calling people out.

7. #48 canabaman, Jul 26, 2012
    Banning guns to prevent unwanted shootings = banning cars/trucks/vans/etc to prevent drunk driving deaths

It's just stupid and does not make sense... If they keep pushing for things like this that go AGAINST OUR CIVIL RIGHTS AS AMERICANS there WILL be another Civil war... And I know what side I'll be on...

Everyone that is legally allowed should at least know how to PROPERLY handle, care, and store guns.

My son is 2 and already knows what daddy's guns are, and knows not to touch them. It does not matter though because the guns are never where he can get to them without me there. I hate this garbage about gun control and getting rid of guns. To me, gun control is how steady you hold a rifle when you shoot.

I am pretty sure I will let my son take his first shot within the next year, and that will be a very big time for the both of us. A needed right of passage. I consider myself a nice generous kind law abiding member of the comunity. But if you fuck with my ability and right as an american to keep and bear my firearms, than I will fuck with your ability and right as an american to live.

8. Correcton:

Keeping guns out of the wrong hands = keeping drunk drivers and bad drivers from operating a motor vehicle

9. Not when one considers that the sole purpose of the 2nd amendment is to defend against tyranny. :devious:

10. Exactly, that doesn't mean impose stricter gun laws, the legal system needs to find a way to better enforce illegal possession of firearms. I know they are trying, but fucking with my civil rights is not ok, they need to try something else.

11. They're not going to take them away claiming it will stop gun violence. They're going to collect them under the authority of commanding a crisis situation, just like they did in New Orleans. Cleaned everyone's guns out.

12. You know. Maybe we DO need more gun laws. Other countries have strict gun laws and low crime rates involving guns. Others have little laws and no problems. You people always get butthurt and go ZOMG CONSITITUTION BILL OF RIGHTZZZ YALLL. But you never bring up the fact that americans as a whole aren't fucking mature enough for non strict gun laws.

13. Those countries with strict gun control laws also have no civil liberties.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrz0qN4aDKI[/ame]

14. Speak for yourself hippie

15. But dude can't you see how making laws against guns is just as stupid and pointless as making laws against weed?

It's never going to stop the supply of guns to those who want them. Guns will still be imported into the country, criminals will still buy and use them, just like criminals still buy and use weed.

I know you gun control advocates mean well, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I for one would feel a lot safer knowing every Average Joe has a gun, because it's not the Average Joe I'm afraid of.

It's criminals and government that I'm concerned about, and neither group is ever going to give up THEIR guns, so I think I'd prefer to keep mine.

16. Is that a fact? What about in Switzerland, where they train everyone to use a rifle at 18? Somehow you never hear about shooting sprees over there. Seems like all those 18 year old kids were mature enough to handle their assault rifles, that they were trained with and given.

I love using the Switzerland example, it just illustrates my point so perfectly.

Switzerland: Well trained Militia (like the Constitution says), well armed populace, low crime

America: Gun control, lots of police, lots of crime. It's basically the same in Canada.

Fact is, gun control makes no sense if your goal is the safety of citizens, but it makes perfect sense if your goal is to make citizens powerless.

17. /discussion

18. #59 Zr-01stamg, Jul 26, 2012
    You do realize 65+% of us don't live in fucking cities right? We're born and raised with guns and are safe and logical with them. the people you are referring to are CRIMINALS! not the public we don't go around shooting people we use them for fun and hunting.

Honestly how can you think that everyone who shoots a gun in the U.S is robbing people or killing them. I'll say 99% of gun use here is completely legal and harms noone. That's what hunting ed is for and other gun classes. You can't just go buy a CCW you have to EARN it.

O Edit: So looking back to early 1900's everyone my grandparents knew had guns and none of these killing sprees ever happen. There's only been massacres in recent years in about 5-6 states NOW WHAT ABOUT THE REST??? o ya we're sitting here civily and defending our homes because we have the right.

19. Uhh you do know that "bullet proof" doesn't exist right? The ballistics material police officers wear are not bullet proof, nothing is. The purpose is to stop a lethal mid to high velocity hand gun round, a high powered rifle is gonna go through the vest, 3 feet of swine, and out the other side.

And " armor piercing" rounds like what the military uses are not available for citizen purchase.

There is not a single police force in the united states that would dare attempt to disarm everyday citizens because even the dumbest cop knows armed civilians outnumber the police force an easy 10 to 1.