Why people smoke cigarettes

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBlazer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. My choice to do it and I chose to do it, I'm tryin' to quit...I just haven't found a good enough reason to quit yet.:cool:

2. There is such thing as an "addictive personality". There was nothing in his genetics that compelled him to smoke a cigarette, but when he did he was more susceptible than the average person.

I'm the same way but for some reason when I buy a pack of cigarettes I have absolutely no desire to smoke them. Not exactly sure why. The thought just never occurs unless I'm reminded of it.

3. Green light, 7-eleven, you stop in for a packa cigarettes
    You don't smoke, don't even want to, hey now check your change

4. lol I can just imagine this guy riding a horse spitting his tea that he sips at people . :smoking:

5. Human instinct isn't always right. Old people and their ideals are the reason the plant you love so much is illegal.

6. [quote name='"Immoliate"']I'm not even sure where to start bashing this thread. The lack of proper punctuation, the awkward sentence structure, or the inability to capitalize the letter "i". But to answer your question in a simple way people smoke because nicotine is addictive as fuck. Now go back to english class.[/quote]

Lmao its an online forum noone gives a flying fuck about punctuation!! You fool

7. You must have missed the memo. American spelling and punctuation is the most important thing in the universe.

8. But with weed and alcohol you actually get noticeable, usually fun effects. I have no idea why someone would want to risk being addicted to something more addictive than heroin, and risk getting cancer just for a shitty little head rush, which goes away once tolerance is built.

9. I didn't start smoking until I hit university. A smoke break helped keep me awake and that way I didn't get all jittery from caffeine. As a teacher, I love having a cigarette right after lunch. This is my first of the day, and as many have pointed out, is very much tied to the social benefits of smoking, and ritual.

Addiction is definitely part of the equation, but I would say that pleasure is another factor to be considered here - I am not going to say I like the smell or taste, but I like the way it makes my body and mind feel. I think this whole thread is a bit absurd, though it's not surprising, since cigarette smokers are usually met with scornful glances and tsks left, right and centre, but on a website dedicated to smoking weed, I would have expected less judging (grammar and spelling police officer aside).

10. Hmmm well in my experience smokers are treated pretty normal, as if its no big deal. But if you smoke a harmless natural plant, then people will be giving you evil looks and shitting themselves because someone is 'smoking drugs'. Smoking cigarettes is as accepted as alcohol. As for pleasure, I have smoked a few times and pleasure is not something that I felt.

11. A lot of Dr Phil's here. How about simply because I want to. I didn't start as a teen, my parents did smoke yet I'm the only one of three kids to pick the habit up, much later in life (around 22).

If i don't make it to the store for a pack because I'm in a hurry then so be it, I'll grab it later. Not cutting any heads off because I haven't smoked yet. I can't say that about my weed. Ready for this.......?. Weed addiction > cig addiction in my experiance. :0

12. You raise another really good point too in that everyone's experience is so different. I also find it depends on where I happen to find myself. In Montreal, smoking cigarettes or a joint isn't really a big deal, but here in Saskatchewan, people tend to get a bit antsy.

13. Cuz, thats life man.. & No one should give a fuck about it.

14. Davis and Son Tobacconists

Mostly because I enjoy quality tobacco not that shit in Marlboros

You can find great tasting tobacco... and you got lightheaded and felt faint? looooool
    Try some dip dude it'll be awesome!
    Back when I smoked manufactured cigs I let my friend hit an American Spirit and he almost went blind for 30seconds.

I smoke cigarettes and once in a while I'll buy a cheaply decent cigar.
    When I can't get to the tobacconist I'll buy Camel Turkish Royals or Camel Wide menthol.

Not everyone enjoys smoking, and some do.
    When you see someone smoking a 3 dollar pack of Pyramids said person is probably not smoking because they enjoy it.

I'm not gloating but I can go without cigarettes for a week or more and not have headaches or irritability.
    I always laugh when some fat piece of shit complains about me smoking while holding a cheeseburger from McDonalds and holding the hand of their fat child.
    Yeah, smoking kills as does being an obese piece of shit.