Celebrating suicide: Aaron's last wish

Discussion in 'General' started by rain dancer, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Hang in there, it wont be that bad.

2. this is what im thinking, IMOP i dont think the family should be doing things like this, it just sounds fishy to me but hey what do i know and i would react differently if my son did something like this.

3. And here's a CNN link for you. Btw, welcome to gc! XD!

A Kentucky man's final wish goes viral, raises thousands for 'awesome tip' - CNN

4. What I think the family should do with the collected money is either give it to the "make a wish" foundation, or maybe start a foundation for older people who are terminally ill, a sort of make a wish foundation for adults, or a "bucket list" foundation.

Where they could collect money, and then give it to terminally ill adults to make one of their dreams come true.

5. Four links is enough IMO.

There are obviously conflicting reports, saying his suicide was found during a preliminary examination, while others saying the final results are not yet in.

What we do know for a fact is that his family isn't being completely honest. I'm not trying to bash the guy, you decide how you feel, I didn't create the thread for that. I'm just informing. Don't shoot the messenger.

6. I personally think it's fine to celebrate suicide. Personally, I see nothing wrong with a person chosing when they want to die, and by how.

But what I do have a problem with is the family making money off of it. It doesn't matter to me if it was a suicide, over dose, or natural causes... a family shouldn't be making money off the death of a loved one.

7. I have to question the morality of the situation when a family is profiteering off of something unseen and unplanned and tragic, only logically functioning due to pity. There is no reason to give his family money. If anything they're disrespecting their own sons/family member's final wishes and his altruistic morality for a profit.

8. I was thinking that too... the family mentions several times that Aaron wasn't "materialistic"... and the thought that pops into my head was "then why are they taking donnations and collecting money?"

9. They claim they're going to keep giving away 500 to strangers and taping it, putting the vids on YouTube at the same time. But we all know that once you get a certain amount of youtube hits, you can opt to get paid for each hit or generate revenue with ads.

Which brings us to the next point....if they do that, what will they do with the money? Donate it?

Do you think they should keep it?

10. Can someone show evidence that they are stealing donations and using them for personal things? Or is it just an assumption?

11. Sounds like your assumption to me. Nobody is discussing that here.

12. Actually numerous people have said that the family is profiting, read through again :rolleyes:

13. No they've asked and it's been answered that nobody knows. In fact, I pointed out what they're doing with the money multiple times.

14. Ah ok so the answer to my question would be "no there is no evidence", just wondering thanks

15. Sorry I was kind of an ass. Started taking bp pills and it's making me act all weird. My apologies.

16. No worries man, thanks for the apology. I did ask in a way that could be taken as condescending

17. Yeah but I need to get off gc until I'm myself. My response was totally unnecessary. Take care brother!:wave:

18. No idea man. This threads old, don't even remember it tbh. Nice first post though :)