Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gainesville Green??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Gainesville4now, Jul 13, 2012.

1. I am in Gainesville, FL for a couple of days and have asked around about the 'Gainesville Green"...is it still around anymore or has it become a legend? I sure was wanting to try that shit! lol

2. Your crazy man, I don't know you, but your crazy.

3. Anyone from Gainesville area out there?? Wassup?

4. ^Nobody is answering because you can't get 'hooked up' here...check out the forum rules.

5. That's cool...I just wondered if it is true or not.

6. The original G'ville Green started to disappear in the early 1980's. Their may be a few people with some "heirloom gardens" still growing but you're not going to find it for sale in any commercial quantity. GG was an outdoor strain that was a Sativa dominant cross of the better quality strains available in Florida at the time. Whether it had Colombian, Panamanian, Jamaican, Mexican or Thai genetics is anyones guess. Most of it had fluffy light green buds and was piney smelling.. When it first hit the scene it was actually leafy and schwagy looking but was still better than most of the Mexican dirt weed that was available and the bags weren't full of seeds, stems, dirt clods (no, that's not a chunk of hash in your lid) and banana spider legs. It took a few years of crossing different strains and climatizing before good quality buds began to appear. Pretty much anything grown in Alachua, Putnam and Suwanee County was called G'ville Green at the time. 
    Anyone claiming to be selling G'ville Green these days is just using the name as a marketing ploy. Although there still are large outdoor grows in Florida most of the better quality weed is grown indoors. The days of acres of weed growing in the woods around Gainesville are long gone.

7. I'm from Gville (no longer live there) but you aren't going to find the real Gainesville Green. Some enthusiasts may still grow it on the down low but anyone who says they have it are full of it.

• Like Like x 1