Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does the best weed come from california?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bwade, Jul 9, 2012.

1. It really has to do with the climate of the Emerald triangle area. That place has many southern facing mtn ranges and the right altitude for growing good outdoor gardens. There are also a lot of 3rd and maybe even 4th generation growers there. Yes indoor has improved a lot in the last 10 years and yes lax laws help a lot. Hope someday the feds get the rx companies out of their bed and respect mj for what it really is. A herb w/ quality of life effects.

2. homegrown is the best.. i live in md (which is flooded with DANK ass weed in the first place) and buy from a grower and our homegrown blue dream's, sour d's and ssh's are 100x danker than ANY g-13's or og's i have ever gotten from "cali"... i know cali has the emerald triangle and it might be very dank over there before it gets packaged and shipped here, but i have yet to see "cali" bud with nearly as many crystals, colors or flavor as the weed here.. thats how i feel, the best dank is homegrown dank, if you need to hear from your dealer that its from cali then thats all you, but im gonna stick with my homegrown

3. You sound ignorant as fuck. I wouldn't ever waste my money on Cali bud, unless I was in Cali, and only if it was grown locally. By the time it's shipped any distance, especially crossing several state lines, it loses potency, and for shipping purposes, it is usually compressed. Not dense, but fucking compressed.

4. Just because of laws let's keep it simple.

5. Just because of laws let's keep it simple.

6. It comes from my pocket.

7. The best weed is actually grown in Afghanistan.

8. the best bud is homegrown :D

9. This is some bullshit! :laughing:

10. Where do you think "kush" originated? The Hindu Kush Mountains.

11. Actually the best weed is probably the weed in the 60s to early 80s. This is because it was grown in actual different geological locations by people who had been doing so in their culture for thousands of years. The original Afghani Kush, Thai Stick, Morrocco Hash, Acapulco Gold, etc. These strains had complete unique characteristics that you can't even find in the bud of today. Wish I could have been around to smoke that shit! :bongin:

12. Well obviously I have enough knowledge to know where kush originated from. But I believe that the strains from Thailand or Mexico or Columbia are also great strains that you did not mention.

13. like badkitty said, the grower and the genetics. the climate only helps the outdoor growers though and you can grow shitty weed anywhere.. but there are places were you can't find shitty brick and only get dank ass buds. and vice versa

14. The same reason Colorado has such dank bud.

Loose laws and lots of stoners

15. If you're speaking about outdoor grown, then California has some specific climatic conditions that facilitate optimum natural growing conditions for plants.

But, the reality is that people grow indoors and can replicate a lot of the specifics, artificially. And there is no risk of a freak cold snap wiping out an entire outdoor grow....or an invasion of locusts...or whatever. I do, however, think that some of the "magic" is missing from plants that don't see the real sun.

16. Man fuck all you Cali haters . Keep posting pics of your shit weed it's funny as hell

17. I don't really believe that the best weed comes from California. I'm sure that the meddies in Colorado are just as good, or even Oregon.

18. I think the best marijuana comes from seasoned indoor growers who take their grows seriously. While growing indoors you have control of virtually every single variable. pH of your soil, temperature of the grow room, how much light your plants get, soil nutrients, dryness/humidity, air currents, how much or how little water your plants get, LST, topping, pruning.

Proper methods of drying and curing your marijuana also help to increase potency, flavor, aroma.

The people who grow for profit aren't usually worried about these things, they would rather hook you up with a sub par product and take your money, than provide an out of this world product.

19. It is legal in breckenridge where I live... :smoke:

20. Who said the best weed comes from california? I think most medical states have very similar bud.