Thai Sticks, Hash soked -to- keef stacked Doing it BIG @ Cost.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ArabianCrime, Jul 6, 2012.

1. #1 ArabianCrime, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    I'm finally starting teh infamous projects of projects' and I'll be Going BIG or going home (hopefully both if I can find the place') for as little as possible, getting the best together not sacrificing, only saving. Over ten years searching and waiting, I'm now narrowing where I aught to be. LED's are looking fkn dope. Diamond LED's look legit. But what about building LED's cheaper with better, brighter more powerful and expensive 390kmcd-1600lumen LED's? We'll find out!

The Dutch built War ships had a Mast worthy of conquering the rest of the planet. The Mast of their navy was The King of tree's. Surrounded by an elliptical pattern of taller trees together they forced the King tree to fight for sun, making it grow faster.

Over the course's of growing I'll be testing and building lights with a goal of replicating the sun in all it's glory. I'm mixing the best of the best, then using Mother Nature's best tactics to build the most unreal Thai sticks.

I'm starting with Diamond LED's to get rolling. I'm then building lights to compete. I can't wait to see what these LED's make'; I have some cool light layouts that I've been messing with, and have a good layout for the best I can do.

Two boxes total; a Blue and a Purp. Each box uses two main LED lights actuated to move out and in while rotating to paint a solid coat of photosynthesis for each leaf. Tube CFL's surround in the corners and sides. The CFL's will be replaced with customized LED epicness when +budget cost permits.

This is going to take a bit more time to get together money wise but when organized I'll be looking at the most Bomb set up ready to make one toke all day ἀμβροσία ranging from an electric concentration, a calming numb (easy going to a hard hitting depending on pain severity), smooths to when you need to pass the F out, NUKE'd out hash soaked to keef rolled Thai stick to bring the 4th dimension into view. (Happy late 4th btw')

MMJ for tomorrow, less smoke with intended effect means less incomplete burn and thus less cyanide build up in the creation of smoke. In a city one is getting about a pack a day walking around in car smoke.

I'll update when I can as the project starts and continues. I'm thinking by next year I'll have the beginnings of true Thai Stick! We'll see'

2. So are you making a new/better led light system? and is using LEDs what will make your smoke so smooth ext.? Sorry I'm not hip on LEDs just yet not understanding their power,

3. Nevermind asking if your building your own,, re-read it,, if you can truelly match the suns glory the next step would be some sort of solar panels to recycle your light, can't do it with current lights available so that be sweet,, good luck to you

4. #5 ArabianCrime, Jul 6, 2012
    Thanks for the shout' to be clearer, I'm setting my sights for proper spectrum and high lumens. LED's are low lumen. I've only found a few LED's that are high output, 1000-1600 lumens. There's a company making an LED light using some of these unreal mini nukes but they only have four of them on a light right now selling for $580 USD.

NEW - Diamond Series XML - 10W CREE XML - Advanced LED Grow Lights

You can buy them individually for about 12bucks US.

10W 3.7V 1000Lumen CREE XML T6 LED Emitter on 20mm Base (Silver) - US$ 12.27 from Flashlight Accessories

The CREE XML T6's with the highest MCD LED's I can find should be interesting.

I'm going to talk with the manufacturer of the Diamond LED lights and see what MCD rating the LED they use have. They're light, looks almost too good to pass up depending on cost to lumen.

PCB, resistors, PSU, heat sinks and wiring with a shell the price to lumen needs to be documented. I'm thinking the price is about what it is to build but for the mass of LED's out there I'm not seeing High MCD rated LED being used. That's disappointing considering every MCD counts.

(+1 with the solar panel idea, batteries are the expensive bit but there's a company that's made a solar upgrade using a more dark almost back finishing (guessing mat) the power curve is where the panels need to be to be used effectively.)

5. #6 ArabianCrime, Jul 6, 2012
    The smoke is from the genetics of the plant. Cross breading and making newer & better growing for traits. I'm thinking black gold soils and ***Lights***. Like having your .cfg in order to play quake one Has to have the lumens to make the bombest MMJ. That's probably why I'm seeing these LED's not doing as well as they can (10,000+ MCD being used vs single LED's 390,000 MCD), with companies only getting more bomb by the day' There will probably be a wall at some point.

When everything's in order, I'm thinking lumens will make the difference.

This is a shortened list of sites I found that have been helpful, I'll update as I R&D. So far it's going to be only the R until the D is more practical lol.. I'll update as I continue with step by steps, how to's and Lots of Pic's!

MCD to Lumes Calc

Brightest LED's I can find. 240k, 250k and 390k MCD

http://www.cree.com/xlamp/

Part's Store 01

LED Shop 01

Useful building Instructions|::::LED:::Array::::|

6. I would be interested to see how this turns out both lights and the sticks. Good luck and I can't wait to see it built.

7. word thanks' It's going to be a little bit before I get it built. Maybe up to 6moths, it's rawr but good that way because every month down the road I find something new better, a part, find/think of a technique or fall on an idea that's bomb I hadn't otherwise. I'm thinking it will take about 6months to get everything, once built another 6 to get everything down; I then should be on the road to one toke sunshine'

8. #9 ArabianCrime, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    I'm stoked to see the progression of tangibility for the betterment of the planet, at least in one regard. My grandfather wrote about the use of MJ in medical text books back in the 50's and it's good to see people are growing more openly and medial fields are getting people's craniums de-fixed from a safe location. Moving more towards Russia, having a drink handy is awesome as long as everything is in check. My dad, a medical doc and still a hippie at heart tells me "keep a clear channel open", it's not too difficult if you concentrate on it. Lets you be in a state that's awesome throughout the day and pain free for the arthritis suffers out there, while keeping the clear channel open and alert so you don't lose your edge, staying frosty. A snowman in a forest fire, subZ3R0 nbd.

I added 2ft tube CFL's that are 2k Lumens a peace, I'd rather work in the 4ft lights because they're 5k lumens and only 10bucks more for the assembly so I think my boxes are going to get a little bigger.

[​IMG]

Rotating the light platform with a hole bunch of lights increasing in size and amount by the day will be the fun bit. Might end up with something like the font end of a bmx bike with metal rollers carrying the electricity so it can rotate the platform without causing damage to the cords, or rotate by 360* then back in opposite direction and replace the cords (sounds like the simplest plan). There will be damage to the cords spinning like that, I'll be measuring and keeping track of the loss over time; could get dangerous causing damage, Time x Rotation = Loss; a lose wire strand will inevitably split and short everything if not start a fire.

The problem in my mind with growing and the quality of MJ is the fact one can't look directly at the sun and that's a plant's natural environment. I'll probably end with a compilation of CFL's, HPS-HID combo's and LED's mounted on a small actuated system that will be rock solid using the best available in brightness, spectrum's and types of light. The plant should spontaneously explode under direct exposure, that's the goal anyway.

I don't know how many years this might take but I want a light system that will be as close to nature sun light as possible. I'll be starting off with 125-200w grow tube CFL's to get he plants rolling, I've seen them in action and they rock. I'll then from seed start Project Fire.

9. #10 ArabianCrime, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
  10. I wont be able to plant them quite yet but I'll update when developments arise' I'm going to start them off I think is some black gold mixed airo maybe just soil, it will depend on founds P}}

11. #12 ArabianCrime, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    this is the cheapest light fixture I could find so far that's the best lumens per dollar @ 10k lumens x2 4ft T5 florescent fixture for 50bucks.

High Output T5 Fixture

searching around one 4ft light is $32 for light and fixture then shipping, light's in fixtures that hold 4-6 and 8 are like $26-29 per light bulb this is $25. The shipping is the annoying bit. There's no point to step up to a 4bulb rig because your paying for the ascetics of having it all in one neat assembly with 4 lights @ $130. This is $50 for x2 5k lumen bulbs and 30 for the shipping. So if you were to buy the 4 light rig for $130 you'd over paying by 30 bucks and could get another 5k light fixture. For another 20bucks, I'm springing for more 10k lumen fixtures :smoke:

12. [quote name='"ArabianCrime"']this is the cheapest light fixture I could find so far that's the best lumens per dollar @ 10k lumens x2 4ft T5 florescent fixture for 50bucks.

High Output T5 Fixture

searching around one 4ft light is $32 for light and fixture then shipping, light's in fixtures that hold 4-6 and 8 are like $26-29 per light bulb this is $25. The shipping is the annoying bit. There's no point to step up to a 4bulb rig because your paying for the ascetics of having it all in one neat assembly with 4 lights @ $130. This is $50 for x2 5k lumen bulbs and 30 for the shipping. So if you were to buy the 4 light rig for $130 you'd over paying by 30 bucks and could get another 5k light fixture. For another 20bucks, I'm springing for more 10k lumen fixtures :smoke:[/quote]

Your looking on the wrong site I know this is old but flourogrow has good fixtures better and cheaper than htg

13. idunno but we have caviar gold here at a Dispensary in LA, but they use co2 to inject the hash then dip it in kief. Like a spray gun, its $70 1/8. Best smoke you could ever have, i like it better than dabbing wax, and much better than hash and kief stand alone.

14. btw i think they said they use to soak it 5 years ago but experienced to many mold issues and found the co2 injection kept it from molding. Sounds yummy tho.

15. Nice' I'll probably get a light or two from them'

The cO2 idea sounds Vinteresting; I've had mmj soaked in hash rolled in kief, it was good, but too expensive

16. #17 ArabianCrime, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  17. Where is that Thai? I heard it was extinct.

18. for the most part it probably is. OG used to be soaked in opium <hahaha epic