Smoking weed everyday - is it a crutch or totally healthy?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by engadine, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Totally healthy man.

2. There is no answer to this question, and to those who think they have one, that may always change.

3. ive smoked every day, for 8 years now. just as long as your not smoking blunts, and smoking pipes the correct way..not applying pressure to your chest..you`ll be okay.

4. I think you can abuse anything, and call it a crutch or an addiction. Weed tends to send your tolerance up quickly, so if you smoke on a constant basis, you won't be getting that high, it is probably more of a psychological want. In this case, I don't think weed is really to blame.

But to answer your question, I don't think smoking weed everyday would really effect your health that much. It would probably hurt your pockets if anything. And most people have to sober up at least to go to their job and make the money they're buying weed with. I don't know many people who can afford to smoke everyday on a constant basis (unless they grow or sell). I'd suggest, like Terrance McKenna, though, to space it out in order to get the full effect of your high.

But weed is not to blame just like McDonald's isn't to blame for the fat dude who uses it as a "crutch."

5. #25 LittleJacob, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
    What do you mean by applying pressure to your chest?

6. I only smoke at the end of the day, an hour or two before I go to sleep, to relax.

Most of my day is spent sober. Some nights I don't smoke. 5 nights a week I'll smoke usually, sometimes 6. All it usually takes is a hit or three and I'm stoned as hell.

7. i smoke every day.. multiple times

thing is though I only smoke .5 or a bit more a day.

I'm not burning through grams like its my job :laughing:

Two bong rips and I'm good for an hour or two... and ive been smoking for like 3 years now

I'd never be able to kill $30 in a day. I'd feel like its a waste

8. healthy

considering everything i personally know about it, pros and "cons", a clean burning paper or a bowl has far more health benefits than cons.

9. this goes on several subjects. i believe that it is a habit, and most habbits tend to be bad. but its such a GOOD bad habit. i guess it depends on whatever floats your boat....

• Like Like x 1
  10. I feel like if you feel like you always NEED to be high, then you have a problem. You should be able to enjoy life when you're sober as well as when you're high. When you constantly smoke, being high becomes normal and monotonous.

• Like Like x 1
  11. First rule I learn't about MJ, is to DISCIPLINE yourself, thats why many of us still use the 4-20 time ....lol

"V"

• Like Like x 1

12. "They gon' judge me anyway, so whatever."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRPpLGxGNZY]Kid CuDi Up, Up And Away - YouTube[/ame]

13. #33 wweedd, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    ---

14. #34 engadine, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
    Guys you should probably know what I had a life changing experience yesterday and years of blocked emotions were let loose and for the first time in years I felt the love of the world again. I have been awake for about 40 hours now, so buzzed from the great energy that I now feel after letting go of years of heartache - i don't even wanna sleep because I feel so great right now guys. Cried over things for the first time that happened years ago. It's been a life changing experience tbh because I feel an undeniable energy around me now and it's giving me strength to not only go on with my life, but actually help others too because I feel it's what I want to do.

Just saying, Real eyes recognise.

15. ^^^ I've had an experience just like that. Beautiful stuff. :) I'm happy for you man!

Those experiences are better than any and all drugs, hands down.

16. Sounds like clinical mania :confused:

17. Besides the 40 hours with no sleep...no not at all.

It's possible to have these beautiful experiences like this... believe it or not. Its beautiful. Releasing of so many years of picked up pain in the heart... afterwards you feel like a kid again.. totally blissed out. They may try to label that as mania but it really isn't, it's a real experience. And its not "mania". Its natural bliss. You don't label everyone who gets down in life clinically "depressive", its just natural living. Excessive highs like hes talking about do come around once in a blue moon, and its a great thing to take in and learn from when it happens.

That's what I've learned anyways. Releasing old emotions is a powerful thing though, its like wiping away a mirror thats been covered by thick dust for years and years... everything feels fresh and vibrant and alive for the first time in seemingly forever. Its a great thing

18. #38 engadine, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
    I wasn't sleeping because evidently this revelation means I haven't felt truly happy since I was about 4 years old when that fat kid first started picking on me in kindergarten and so I have been up in deep contemplation for quite a while. This seemed cool to me since I know that when you don't sleep you open up newer states of being. You do not know my suffering and neither of us understand the nature of life, so don't talk like that.

This has been the most spiritual experience of my life, please do not hold me back with your faulty understanding of life and avoiding problems (and great truth) with an aspirin and fat blunt because I was doing that by myself just fine for a VERY long time. I am seeing clearly for the first time in my life, rather than trying to block out emotions with rationalising thoughts I simply feel them and begin to touch on the bigger issue.

I'm talking a level of personal truth that I've never managed to even touch upon before because it was so painful. I am going to continue with my meditation and zen buddihism books, because yesterday I was seeing auruas of stress release and it was beautiful. I no longer agree with the way the world is going and I'm convinced we are all moving about on wavelengths of energy because for the first time in my life I connected with a dog yesterday on the most basic levels of existence - I saw no dog, simply a fellow being. Everyone I met yesterday I was nice to and I felt their joy I'm sure. Even if I'm going manic, I would much rather be that than how I was my entire life up until the day before.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Seeing a dog as a fellow being - nice state of mind man.

20. I read your entire post, didn't feel like reading the 3 pages of responses though. In my opinion, it's definitely a lifestyle choice. It sounds like you're able to enjoy life more without it (as am I, FOR NOW). My plan is to smoke a lot when I retire and am bored/incapable of doing much else hahah. For now, smoking on occasion is a fun time, but I'm trying to avoid smoking all the time like I used to. Been a lot more productive and have accomplished a lot more than I had when I was smoking all the time.
    I've got big dreams, so I figured I'll accomplish those, and once I'm ready to stick to a daily, boring routine, I'll start smoking all the time again, because frankly, I love weed. Hahah. Good luck.