Smoking weed everyday - is it a crutch or totally healthy?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by engadine, Jun 17, 2012.

1. The wake and bakes definitely sap your energy for the day but overall, marijuana every day isn't that bad of a habit.

Once your tolerance gets that high, you have to stop thinking about it as getting high or taking drugs. It's more like a daily sacrament. It's a necessity, like brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. Smoking weed. You aren't a pothead, you are simply a daily user. It becomes part of your life like smoking a cigarette. You need it. You budget for it. You can probably go a day, a week, or a month without it, but why would you?

For me at least, weed has ceased to be an experience where I get super faded and just become lost in the high. Now it's more like a health supplement, except it's not supplementing my health it is simply supplementing my quality of life.

• Like Like x 1
  2. [quote name="edibles" post="22255465" timestamp="1451236130"]The wake and bakes definitely sap your energy for the day but overall, marijuana every day isn't that bad of a habit.

Once your tolerance gets that high, you have to stop thinking about it as getting high or taking drugs. It's more like a daily sacrament. It's a necessity, like brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. Smoking weed. You aren't a pothead, you are simply a daily user. It becomes part of your life like smoking a cigarette. You need it. You budget for it. You can probably go a day, a week, or a month without it, but why would you?

For me at least, weed has ceased to be an experience where I get super faded and just become lost in the high. Now it's more like a health supplement, except it's not supplementing my health it is simply supplementing my quality of life.

[/quote

More

3. I don't drink, I don't have really any other vices or addictions so it's hard to say it's a crutch. If I smoke it's because I'm on a long drive going somewhere or I just got home and am about to take a shower.

Sure I have those couchlock days but ask most men what they do on sunday and whether they get high or not a lot of them will say "sitting on the couch and watching church (NFL). I've had a month off, well almost, and I smoked about every other day and I realized, high or not, if you don't have anything to do it will bore the redundancy out of you.

Don't smoke if it makes you feel better. I got class at 2 and it's an hour drive and about a whole 3F outside, I really don't want to go, but once I make a coffee and add some tunes for the drive it'll be better.

I realized when my dad passed away in June that life is too short to try making it a pissing match every time. Smoke or don't smoke, just be happy and do what you want to do. Living in the United States makes us all try to move so fast and do so much in life, don't forget to just exist and be. Everything comes so fast, just yesterday I felt like a little kid relaxing with my dad on the couch and then it hit me that I will never see or hear my father in this world again and it made me feel sicker than anything I have ever come across.

Life is fun when it's not complicated. Point is, do what feels right and don't over think it. Your body and mind will thank you. I'm gonna finish up work maybe shower and hit the road. When I shower tonight I'll probably hit a dab[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. I said it in another thread and it seems like it fits here too.

My mom said to me when I was young "make it something you do not something you are."

Don't be weed. Be a person who uses it.

Whether that's smoking all day everyday, or smoking once a year, that's up to you (obviously).

Yes, weed can be a crutch. Any human behavior can. And believe it or not, too much (of anything) can be a bad thing.

Know your limits, know yourself, and proceed accordingly. [​IMG]

5. I think it's all a matter of who you are in as person. Not everyone has the same tolerance level, and a lot of people get high for different reasons. However, I do think there are some risks with smoking everyday. As much as I love Mary, she does take up a lot of time and money from me (like any woman - jk) and if we as individuals fail to find a stable physical and mental balance, problems can occur. After smoking everyday for about a year, I have noticed that it slowly gets harder to let it go. It becomes such a norm in your daily cycle that your left craving those sweet flavors intensely by the end of the day. It seems that the highlight of the day is always getting high. When these type of feelings occur it might signal a mental imbalance. Also, being a swimmer I've noticed an increased heart rate when exercising, sometimes leaving me in a state of exhaustion early on, as well as difficulty catching my breath. I feel these are signs of a physical imbalance. Basically, I had a drop in stamina. Like I said, this is just my personal experience but it does seem pretty foolish to think there are no risks to smoking everyday when I've seen a lot of you choke and cough out a lung when you couldn't take the hit...

Btw: I still think of marijuana as a medicinal herb, and have no doubt in the health benefits it can provide, but be wary friends... Wise men have always said that too much of anything is bad for you. Besides, I also believe that marijuanas psychoactive properties teach us something. It helps us get to an enlightened state of mind, but that's OUR very own natural state, and everything that arises in your mind is YOUR own. Therefore I think the ultimate lesson to be learned is to be able to view the world through that enlightened perspective without weed. It helps you grow until you can go on on your own. Don't loose yourself in weed, rather find yourself. Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Completely subjective.

This completely depends on the person and their circumstance.

Some people can't handle weed very well and have a ton of responsibility where they have to be ultra focused. Chances are, weed is not for them.

Some people take it in stride and have no problem handling it and their every day responsibilities. Chances are, it is for them.

Most people seem to be either ultra pro or ultra against. To me it seems fairly obvious that we have plenty of examples of where it goes wrong and where it goes right. Different strokes for different folks.

7. I used to smoke at least 10 blunts a day with my squad that was no Bueno lol

8. depends how you see it, if you let it become your life and not just part of it then that is bad, but if you arent that stupid to not do anything else and let yourself become the stereotype then smoke it daily if you want to

depends how you see it, if you let it become your life and not just part of it then that is bad, but if you arent that stupid to not do anything else and let yourself become the stereotype then smoke it daily if you want to

9. Including moderation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. cannabis is a crutch.

I can do fine without weed.

Though it's not a bad crutch. It's mostly safe, other than inhaling combusted plant matter.

11. I used to toke all day, every day, and what I found after I quit is this; there are times when being high, like having a drink, is good and well, but there are also times when you (read: I) feel like you were in a rut and didn't know what to do or how to get myself out of it. When I get back stateside, I will definitely toke, but I'm going to keep it to my free-time and limited. After seeing what I can do without any bud, I don't want to go back to the way I used to be.

Reflection and moderation are the keys to happiness, I think.

12. Does it affect your daily life in a negative way? If so then dont smoke every day. If not, keep tokin.

-Sent from Zeta Reticuli starsystem-

• Like Like x 3
  13. #333 BongLordJoshyBoy, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

14. It's a crutch

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. When i do Micro-doses daily i don't experiences negatives or when i get high once a week or few times a month.
    Although when i smoke heavy everyday i do notice negative side effects the next day or when sober.

Then again balance is key to everything.

16. Everyday=crutch

just keep it to the end of the day. smoking weed early in the day usually makes u a shitty, unproductive person tht no one likes

• Like Like x 1
  17. completely disagree..
    i think people who drink coffee with sugar like their life depends on it are doing themselves way more harm than someone who tokes in the AM.

i take a few hits of a nice hybrid, exercise (if i can) and am very happy-go-lucky and productive at work. never been a problem for well over 10 years.

• Like Like x 3
  18. are you claiming tht youre just as sharp minded when high as when sober?

19. yep. if not more so. in my job i often write pretty complicated algorithms and need to find various data patterns and, trust me, some of the solutions and ideas that i come up with while medicated are really on the cutting edge.

now there is a huge difference between being stoned to the point of where you have blood-shot eyes and can't get off the couch vs cerebral, medicated high from one-two vaporizer hits.

being "high" has nothing to do with being f'd up for me. but then again, i'm away passed that noob stage.

• Like Like x 4
  20. I've felt that way often times when I go months and months of constantly being baked, I take a break for a week or two and feel a little more clearheaded, yet I always seem to go back to smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app