How long does it take to germinate seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gustavgr, Jun 16, 2012.

1. How long does it take to germinate seeds?

I'm planning to plant my plants next weekend and i wonder how long it will take to germinate the seeds

//Thanks :)
    Btw I'm sorry about my english, it's not the best.

2. only a few days at the most. i popped some seeds in the ground and like 3 days later they were already poking up through the dirt. and thats not only germination thats growth so the seed probably took root within 24-36 hours

3. Thank you man for replying :)

4. germination can sometimes take upto two weeks

but In my experience the longest was like 4-5 days

5. how long will the seed survive after its germinated? will it survive for 2-3 days?

(if i keep it in my wet tissue)

6. umm im not sure about that you want to plant right after you see the white little taproot, you don't want it to get too long.

i would just check like every 12-24 hours and once you see the taproot, plant that ho

7. Ok, I will do that.

Do you have to germinate? Is it a must-do ?

(i'm just curious)

8. What do you mean?

Germination is the process which the plant emerges from the seed. If you mean the paper towel tupperware trick, no you dont have to necessarily go that route but it is one of the easiest. Some people put their seeds in cup of water some people just put them directly in the soil.

but the way I see it, is if you do the paper towel trick you can see the seeds that actually germinate and throw out the duds that don't so you don't waste your time wonderding if it'll germinate or not.

9. You put it in the water and wait for it to sink right?

10. No you put it in the water and wait for the taproot to emerge just like the paper towel trick.

The paper towel trick is the way to go man, it doesn't get any easier thats what i do every time

11. Alright, Thanks :p