Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thai Sticks... Anyone make these anymore?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by FrickinA, Jun 15, 2012.

1. So after seeing many references to "Thai Sticks," namely in stoner flicks like cheech and chong, I' very curious as to how to make these and if there is any point to it. My understanding is that its basically bud tied around either a think stem or a bamboo stick.

Any old school stoners have a good process to make these and/or a reason its preferred over regular storage (IE straight nugs in a mason jar)?

2. I'm not sure but I saw Thai Stick on a menu in Amsterdam, could have just been a strain though

3. not much more to say. it was thai weed somewhat compressed into cylindrical shape, sometimes on sticks, sometimes not. they did this mainly to make transporting easier. not really a big deal with the "stick part" its more legendary because Thailand has jungles that grow some potent sativas. some believe the sticks we're dipped in hash oil or opium oil but who would know besides who grew it. They disappeared because of the end of the vietnam war. US's main supplier of thai stick was some of its own troops.

4. #4 tstick, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    Heh heh heh...yep, I can tell you how...but...edit don't want to be banned! :)

5. ive head that thai stick back in the day was laced with opium... but that is just all talk i have no way of telling cause i was not alive for the 70's

6. in before the ban

7. ^^^I was

8. [quote name='"budensity"']in before the ban[/quote]

Second this

9. I've had thai "nug" before haha! I got baked off my ass to say the least

10. Because a Thai stick isn't really a matter of the weed so much as it is related to.....other flower-based substances.

;)

11. See the picture above? (Thanks Legal Eyes)

The core of each stick was a thin skewer of hand split bamboo that was just shorter (about 6") than the length of the finished 'stick'. The oily, pliable weed was pressed around and over the ends of the bamboo stick, and then wrapped tightly with a long thin length natural thread (Hemp?).

You can more or less see the end of one of the threads wrapped around the end of one of the sticks at exactly halfway between the white paper and the left side of the photo.

If my memory serves me well, an average stick weighed about 2.5 grams... about 12-14 sticks in an ounce.

After 'real' Thai sticks disappeared we started seeing bulk Thai weed offered. It had the reminiscent smell and flavour of Thai weed, but something was missing - it simply was NOT the same potent weed as the original Thai sticks. Nice enough, though.

Other than a novelty, not sure why you'd want to make sticks. Sure would be great to see the original potent Thai sticks arrive back on this side of the pond.

12. I found this on another site I wont link to.. This works and it is yummy.

Step 1 - after drying pull out your medium quality buds, lesser quality is also posibal but i save those 4 hash and top quality is wasted on this.

Step 2 - find some bamboo skewers or just use the stems from your plant, and run about 6-12 inches on to the stick

Step 3 - wrap tightly in plastic rap, make sure it is compleatly sealed and wrap as tight as you can with duck tape

Step 4 - dig a hole about 4 ft. deep and place the sticks in the bottom of the hole. if you have more than will fit you can layer with dirt, just make sure there is dirt between them.

step 5 - wait about 3 months and dig up, the buds will have become almost hash like and solid with resin.

13. ^^^ummm...well, yeah...something IS missing from that story! ;)

Real Thai sticks...REAL ones have less to do with the weed and more to do with other flowery extracts that were applied to that weed. And I guarantee you that ANY first-time smoker of a real Thai stick will only be able to take about 2-3 tokes (IF that) and then they will be done for the evening -not because it was such a heavy Indica or ANYTHING like that....but for other reasons.

It IS true, however, that bulk Thai weed was available for awhile and that people would make their own sticks by just tying it around a bamboo skewer. And That weed is (was) very good in its own right -especially at that time....so no one complained. But let's face facts here, a real Thai stick isn't the weed so much as what's ON the weed.

14. That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in quite awhile. There is absolutely no truth in that at all. LOL!

15. it's so hard to find thai buds these days.. which is why no one really gets thai sticks anymore.

and i donno about the whole opium thing.. the thai sticks that i smoked in the late 70's were just thai weed tied to a stick.. nothing else.

16. i think there rolled through hash oil too.

17. Interesting.. have you tried it? Because it indeed works. If you dip the sticks in hash oil you are even closer to the original. But yes, there is a longer process to it.. including making the hash and the oil. Like beating the plants on a burlap sack to make the hash, etc.

18. we should invent something for the new modern age called the dank stick. bomb ass hash oil with a stick dropped in it then we sprinkle grinded top shelf all on the stick