BHO, QWISO, or Hash for 2 Pounds of Trim?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Cheddartoes, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Ive got a shit ton of trim Ive saved over the last few months.
    More specifically, a shit ton of high quality sugar leaf trim.

Now, out of BHO, QWISO or Hash, which one would I be expecting the best bang for my buck.
    Please keep in mind, that this is roughly two pounds, so I know Im gonna either need a hell of alot of butane, or mason jars and iso.

So, Im just wanting everyones honest opinions, from their own personal experience, on what to expect in yields from all three.
    And about how many cans of butane Id need/bottles of iso and mason jars?

Thanks in advance, and please keep it civil. I dont want the typical "You can expect between 1 gram to 5 ounces" response Ive seen thrown around here quite alot.
    Just looking for rough estimates from personal opinions.

2. #2 Private Stalk, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
    If the trim is dry (as opposed to frozen while still fresh) Then I'd get a good size sifter that has 110 micron silk screen. Then just hand crumble the trim over the screen and sift.

I know you asked BHO, QWISO, or Hash and you can press keef to make hash if you want but personally keef is the best tasting option IMO. Qwiso is real easy to get plant material and a green look to it so I don't prefer that method. BHO is really good but harder to handle (gotta freeze it to break it). I do love lining the inside of a blunt with some good BHO tho. Get a glass turkey baster if you do decide on BHO. Fuck metal and Plastic. I don't care if the FDA claims them to be food grade or not. The FDA passes crap plastic all the time... remember the baby bottle scare?

Impossible to say the yield I'm afraid as I never weigh trim. I just fill a container with it in the freezer until it's full and I don't worry about yield as it's just for myself.

I very rarely bust out a scale. I measure things in cups, quarts, gallons and jars lol.

3. Solvent hash kinda sucks a little when made from leaf. Lots of chlorophyll and nasty leaf flavor comes over in the extraction. Go with water hash or sifted hash.

4. best bang fer yer buck imo is doing a dry ice sift till you start to get the green tinge, then ISO the rest. I get great returns double processing like that.

look up the dry ice hash vid on youtube where the guy shakes the bucket over a big table...

5. [quote name='"Bongsauce"']best bang fer yer buck imo is doing a dry ice sift till you start to get the green tinge, then ISO the rest. I get great returns double processing like that.

look up the dry ice hash vid on youtube where the guy shakes the bucket over a big table...[/quote]

This is by far my favorite method. It's extremely fast, easy, clean, cheap, and mine came out soft and putty-like, which is something I've been trying to figure out how to do for quite some time. The yield from dry ice hash is unbelievable too - basically, it's super easy to make, and yields quite a lot of high quality hash. Definitely give it a shot - you won't be disappointed.