smart pots..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Zombie Farms, Jun 2, 2012.

1. [quote name='"SMDforCABBAGE"']

what does this mean? sorry I'm new at this[/quote]

Usually roots grow to the edge of a plastic pot and wrap around the outside of the pot, but don't fill up the rest of the soil with roots. Just the very outside. It's not very efficient. With fabric pots, the roots grow to the edge, realize they can't keep growing out into the air, so they stop growing and shoot out more roots from the base. It creates a super dense, healthy root system.

2. [quote name='"mjmama25"']

Usually roots grow to the edge of a plastic pot and wrap around the outside of the pot, but don't fill up the rest of the soil with roots. Just the very outside. It's not very efficient. With fabric pots, the roots grow to the edge, realize they can't keep growing out into the air, so they stop growing and shoot out more roots from the base. It creates a super dense, healthy root system.[/quote]

wow thanks for the info, that's awesome.

3. I'm sold on the smart pot thing, already pumped to try a 200 gallon next year and they have a 300 gallon raised fabric bed sounds awesome.. bigger plants and less plants is better for my situation.. I went in the ground last year with great success but the smart pots seem alot easier to maintain, we'll see if I can hit 3 pounds like I can straight in the ground though..

4. still jamming descently, but I can feel the roots are filling up the 100 gallons quickly, damn wish I went bigger..

Attached Files:

5. Holy shit, most of us are content with our little 5gal bucket grows, you make us embarrassed lol.

6. How tall are most of those ladies now? They look pristine! My bigger ladies are between 5 and 6 ft right now and I'm trying like hell to keep it that way, lol. I don't have a lot of room before they are waving to the neighbors over the fence. :p

7. I had a quarter pound hanging over the neighbors fence last year!!..

8. #48 Zombie Farms, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    sorry brother I got OCD hella bad so I studied and experimented for a few years till I figured it out.. don't be jealous I work my ass off on this shit..

One day I'll be on the cover of high times.. one can dream..

9. all are pristine but a gopher tore up one of my casey's.. that same gopher hangs from a neuss in my front yard now as an example..

10. everything is from 4-6 feet right now.. I get full sun all day so they are going wider than tall, plus I lst branches from the canopy to fill in the middles.. I'm working on a new lst techique I call layering.. I spread the bottom set of branches out far, the next set up a little less and so on.. I have tops coming out from everywhere doing this its crazy.. tomorrow I'll post a pic of it in the growers challenge thread..

11. [quote name='"mike trich"']

I had a quarter pound hanging over the neighbors fence last year!!..[/quote]

LMAO! That would be gone in a snap with all the teenagers that walk past my house. According to my friends 17 year old son, my house is somewhat legendary among the local kids who walk past and smell/see the buds every year. That's a good and a bad thing. ;)

12. A little advice if your growing outdoors... instead of waiting for over 5-6 months till harvest, you can start planting may/june... Yes you will get a smaller harvest / smaller plants ...
    but the process will be faster.. this is esp if your growing 10+ plants ... I got over 20+ seeds planted june 15 ... :)

13. love ur smart pots. i wish i could grow openly like that. i had to built a fence to hide my lil plants. i have smaller smart pots like 5 and 7 gallon the only thing i dont like about them is that thec soil seem to shift when u move them, but after the root fill in it doesnt matter.

14. thats the worst advice I ve ever heard right there..lol..

15. [quote name='"mike trich"']

thats the worst advice I ve ever heard right there..lol..[/quote]

Yes that makes no sense. Don't anyone listen to that guy.

16. Bought me a yard of felt material at walmart and made me two of them. Price for two...3.47

17. lets see some pics.. mine were 15$ each..

18. [quote name='"CannaSmoke"']A little advice if your growing outdoors... instead of waiting for over 5-6 months till harvest, you can start planting may/june... Yes you will get a smaller harvest / smaller plants ...
    but the process will be faster.. this is esp if your growing 10+ plants ... I got over 20+ seeds planted june 15 ... :)[/quote]

Whether you start your seeds in June or much earlier like Mike and I, you still have to wait until fall to harvest. Planting later doesn't make the harvest come any faster. It just means you yield way less. I will stick to planting earlier. I have the patience to wait while my plants grow into massive beasts. If you don't have patience, growing probably ain't for you. ;)

19. I second what mike and mjmama said. and im sure all experienced growers would agree... starting clones in mid june is ok, yields will still suffer but seeds started then will yield just a fraction of what they could have if started in say, march/april inside. I hate growing Oz's per plant, just grow indoor if you want harvests of ozs instead of lbs. I have some moms out that were germed Feb 7th, hacked to hell a couple times for clones, and one is now over 5 feet wide and less than 2.5ft tall...sure its been alot of work, but 2 Dna Kandy KushxSkunk plants from seed have each yielded dozens of clones that i sold, and will still pull 2lbs each as outdoor plants. Ill get some pics up of my grow. had some laptop issues lately and havent been posting any updates...

20. Some of the advice given here is funny. I expect it's due to people being medicated. Lol