Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Honey Oil "Reclaim"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by stOWNED1, May 27, 2012.

1. I have a debate going on and I wanted to get some input from the community...
    After using an Oil piece you are left with a residue that some "reclaim" by filling the piece with a little bit of hot water and shaking it up to pull it off the sides. after this is done you empty the piece out into a cup as quickly as possible so the oil does not reattach to the sides of the piece. When this is done you are left with the "reclaim" oil on top of the water and you just dab it off with your dabber and smoke again.

So the question here is...
    Is it all worth it?

My thought is that the honey oil is broken down into a simpler form of separated molecules as it plumes smoke off the nail, then after passing through the water of your oil piece it theoretically picks up 2 oxygen molecules. This in turn creates a smaller molecule that is easier for the body to digest and since it has those two extra oxygen molecules they would break off and cause it to be rapidly digested.

Thoughts?
    Please let me know.

2. :confused: I know that you are probably high as fuck, but you have to remember that a lot of people are probably high as fuck to.

I'm completely sober and I have no clue as to what you are talking about. It's just a big wall of jibberish. Simplify!

3. It's the equivalent of smoking resin out of a traditional pipe. It will get you there, but probably not going to be great.

4. It's worth your time. A lot of heads use reclaim strictly to season their titanium before they smoke themselves. Me? I vape that shit. Oil is beyond precious and i see reclaim as oil.

Doesn't taste the best but i'd rather dab reclaim then smoke most of the fullmelt in clinics out here. The potency will still shit on weed.

5. If its a glass piece some high percentage iso might do a better job than water. Soak and then pour it out, leave to evaporate and scrape up the oil.

6. [quote name='"Spam and Eggs"']It's the equivalent of smoking resin out of a traditional pipe. It will get you there, but probably not going to be great.[/quote]

It's not really like resin, its much better and way closer to the original product then resin. Plus it gets you super fucked up like oil

[quote name='"Pew"']If its a glass piece some high percentage iso might do a better job than water. Soak and then pour it out, leave to evaporate and scrape up the oil.[/quote]

This

7. I do use %99 ISO to strip the pieces clean and get the last little bit out but i just sit that aside and after i have cleaned my pieces with it a few times i evaporate it down.
    Just for the record it is not like smoking the res out of a regular pipe... not even close. With true honey oil the reclaim can be better than the initial product if you only use your pipe for oil

8. I have a feeling I may be asking a bunch of stoners advanced chemistry questions...

9. I don't think it gets better.

I also think your whole picking up oxygen molecules is not correct. I'm no chemistry whiz but it doesn't really sound possible

10. If it picked up 2 oxygen molecules then it would be breaking down the water and releasing hydrogen... I don't think that theory is 100% accurate.

11. Its not picking up extra oxygen molecules.. 02 does not want to react with "reclaim".. its not even close to an element or even a single chemical; oxygen is passing around those molecules and thus oxidizing individual cannabinoids (minimally degrading them)/making them more likely to escape into volatility but it is not causing a chemical change that allows reclaim to be more readily absorbed.

I havent read it personally, but I've heard that reclaim contains the same levels of THC, but lacks the other cannabinoids. Look into Cherry Oil: some people reclaim their shit on purpose with a dome vape to make thc (cherry) oil.

As for reclaim,
    Dab that shit :smoke: