Any vegans out there???

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by SnorkChris420, May 22, 2012.

1. Just have to say from my personal experience, I've seen alot more vegans that won't say a single word about them being vegan to anyone unless asked, and would never even think about pushing their beliefs on others. I'm not saying they don't exist, because of course they do.

But I would say there is a much greater amount of people ready to pounce on others and bitch non-stop at someone for simply saying "i'm vegan", with no provocation other then that.

I've met very few vegans online that would even think about pushing their beliefs on others, but I have met alot of extremely aggressive people pushing there beliefs on someone simply for saying "I'm vegan".

It goes both ways, personally I hate anyone on either extreme end of the spectrum.

(Just in case anyone was planning on asking, I'm not a vegan or vegetarian.)

2. This happens to me on a regular basis. I get an insane amount of hostility from people when they discover I'm vegan.

3. I don't care if you are vegan or not..
    I just dont understand the logic.
    Seems unhealthy to deprive yourself of an important part of the food pyramid?

4. >He still thinks the food pyramid is relevant to proper nutrition

5. If you don't care, then why come into this topic?

6. That's just how little i care.

7. The Food pyramid is junk government run science propoganda.

8. I have been eating according to the "Eat to Live" book for about a week now. The write (Dr. Joel Fuhrman) swears you don't need animal products to get all the protein you need.

We have a small family farm and grow for the local farmer's market, so I have no problem getting REALLY healthy produce with no pesticides or fertilizer used. I am amazed how much better I feel, in just a week.

He basically says to eat as much fresh veggies and fruit as you want, and unlimited beans and legumes also. Unlimited cooked veggies too, as long as they aren't starchy (carrots, potatoes, corn, etc) Also, whole grains and nuts and seeds in limited amount. I have so much more energy and I don't wake up in the morning all groggy and "out of it."

9. That's great man! That sounds like a fantastic start.

The only advice I would give you is to make sure you are always eating more raw produce than anything else. If you don't get enough raw fruits and veggies, you won't feel as good. So personally, I would say limit the beans and legumes and the cooked veggies just so that you eat more of the raw food over the cooked food.

Limited nuts, seeds, and whole grains is fantastic idea too btw. It seems like this diet is focusing on the beans and legumes for "protein sources". I would argue that hemp and chia seeds would be better sources along with dark leafy greens and that you should eliminate the beans and legumes from your diet, but thats just me.

Btw I'm working on my own little garden too this spring...I wish I had access to basically unlimited fresh, organic food. Youre lucky man.

10. I dunno dude, i just eat whatever tastes good, and i pity those who do any differently.

11. okay, thanks for your input

12. really? Cause I pity people who struggle to walk up and down stairs and are limited to activities that take place from sitting in a chair.

13. [quote name='"ydidimakeths420"']I dunno dude, i just eat whatever tastes good, and i pity those who do any differently.[/quote]

I see where your coming from iv been like tht it's ok but I abuse "yummy" food and got really fat so I'd perfume to eat healthy and not abuse it also I guess in addited to somthing in the food eg:suger lol I wanna change :D

14. THanks for the encouragement! I appreciate your ideas too.

Have you ever looked at Square Foot Gardening? I swear by it, and have been using that method for years now. You can grow 4 times the amount of veggies and fruits in about a 4th of the space. Great especially if you have a limited amount of room.

I will get some hemp and chia seeds at the local health food store and try them.

15. That's the method I actually used...and if you want a lot of seeds you can buy them in bulk from amazon for cheaper.

16. Is it true if you change from like a fatty diet (meat suger etc) and change to vegan right away ur body will hate it as for the change and you will feel wired for 2 months that's what my mother said when I was asking her about her opinion on vegan she said I should slowly adjust to vegan over time

17. Vegan such a broad word. What type of vegan diet would you eat?

If you go raw vegan, you will experience some detox symptoms but they go away usually pretty quick and you feel 1000x better after. It's like a heroin addict who finally goes clean. Sure he'll go through withdraw, but the result is TOTALLY worth it.

And honestly it's not even that bad...myself, I barely had any noticeable side effects. I had mostly all benefits like weight loss, cleared up acne, increased energy, a "cleaner" feeling, and an overall boost in confidence.

If you are going to eat junk food vegan than you won't feel anything different than now. If you eat kinda healthy vegan like lentils, rice, cooked veggies, no high heated fats like oil/butter, etc than you may have some very very minor things but honestly its basically nothing.

I only think you'll get detox symptoms if you low fat raw.

18. Thanks :)
    I uploaded some photos of my first meal lol it's all good good start to vegan its stir fry any good ideas of what to put in stir fry for protein etc

Attached Files:

19. Tofu, edamame, garbanzo, any kind of beans, eggs if you choose