Grit Weed in Shanghai, China

Discussion in 'General' started by Heypengyou, May 17, 2012.

1. Disgusting. Almost as bad as man made eggs. If you havent taken yourself on that ride, google it.......

Was reading recently that apple did a surprise inspection of their stores in china and discovered entire stores that claimed to be apple stores with apple products. Problem was, they were all counterfeit stores selling counterfeit shit. Scary what the chinese have reverse engineered.

2. Here's one you can add: Conséquences respiratoires de l

Medical Case Study on a French guy who smoked sand / grit / contaminated weed pretty heavily for two weeks and developed pneumonia. You'll need to use google translate to change it into English.

They found crystalline silica fragments in the air sacs of his lungs. The doctors watched out for the development of acute silicosis but he ended up improving and the swelling went down.

3. don't they have anything proper in asia?

4. Good to know hope to switch continents in the future ......

5. the fuck is china? and does it concern me?

6. This is some good research man.

7. Well I lived in Shanghai from from 2011 until the summer of 2012 and cannot say I experienced anything similar with the weed, however the hash down there I was very skeptical towards.

One of my close buddies that i studied with down there is actually Uighur himself, and due to them being the same minority he usually got treated well with very fair prices (a 10+ g bag for 300,- rmb) and got to know a lot of the dealers on a personal level. Most of the Uighur dealers in Shanghai smoke the stash they are supplying is my impression.

I often did "tests" on my weed (rubbing against a clear cd surface looking for scratches as well as inspecting the ash closely) because I was indeed afraid of grit weed, and never once I got suspicious. Keep in mind I also smoked a lot on daily basis during my stay plus I had several different dealers accessible, in addition aprox 30% of my European class mates (of a total of 40 ppl) smoked weed. Never once did I see any health problems or speculations of grit weed.

However I would definitely stay away from the Shanghai hash. I often experienced that after taking 3-4 bong hits I would not even want another hash hit because it felt "dirty" to smoke. It also had a weird extremely powdery consistence, to the point where you could grab a gram in your hand and literally squeeze it to powder in seconds.

8. They make AK's like it's nobody's business. :D

9. pics or next time Im voting for Bush

10. Well, I for one know that the weed we got in Shanghai was legit. It had seeds in it, but that didn't stop my m8 from taking a few back to the US to grow under a 600 W HPS lamp. For real, nothing compares to what he grew under that lamp.

11. Wow, I've been smoking buds and hash in Shanghai for 3 years now, and never considered the possibility of grit weed. Now I'm worried I've been smoking toxic shit!

My biggest issue until this was the fact that buds are filled with seeds, which making rolling annoying. (Has anyone tried growing with these seeds? I've considered it, but didn't think they'd necessarily work unless they were female.)

Anyhow, I just signed up for grass city after I read this thread, and I'm interested in getting in touch with other tokers in this city, and hopefully stay away from the Grit weed, and find some good buds!

12. This is just propaganda by the Chinese government. 

13. Never heard of grit weed till now. Thanks for posting :)

14. I considered that possibility. However, it seems that every product in China is contaminated with toxins to boost profits, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing went with weed here. I stopped smoking the hash because the stuff I was getting was essentially just dust! The bud I've been gettting is a mellow high, but lot's of seeds. Maybe I should try planting those seeds!

15. hi there, i am now living in shenzhen, but cant find weed in here, i am a marijuana lover, i can go anywhere in china for good weed.so as you are exprienced person can you just help me out with that, where can i go and find some quality weed.i really appreciate that.thanks.
    my email is     sohel@[member="Live"].com
    believe me i really need some.

16. No weed for you. :smoke:

17. Hate to ruin everyones conspiracy theories but the two times I've seen "beads" in Shanghai they were always very tiny spider mites and the stuff that looks like fiberglass crystals were their attempt at spinning a web. Not saying it's better and they taste absolutely awful when smoked, but nothing sinister I think.

Luckily I found a decent mid-high grade hybrid hookup so I don't buy that shit anymore.