Warm Beer v Cold Beer

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mr Pink, May 14, 2012.

1. Beer and milk are the only two drinks I like that I find gross at room temperature

2. Beer and milk are the two drinks i find gross whatever temperature they are! Vile!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've drank 40s warm before, sometimes I don't like waiting for them to get cold

4. I drink everything cold.

I even put ice in win and sake

-Yuri

5. Cold inhibits flavor. Which is useful for domestics that don't have much good flavor or passion.

Coors light is so afraid you'd drink their beer warm they put a coldness indicator on it for those unable to tell if their bottle of beer is indeed cold. Safety measure :p

Craft beers, it depends for me. I don't like them too cold, and many are better at room temp in my opinion. I prefer my ipas and barley wine ales room temperature, for the most part, but for some reason I prefer a bunch of stouts a bit cooler.

6. I have a pretty good beer background. I'm a bjcp judge. It really depends on style for me. Gimme a pbr or lemon Shandy ice cold.guiness or any other stout, I could go either way. I love a room temp velvet merlin. It's really up to personal taste and how much of a beer snob you are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

7. 'cold beer, here!'

:)

8. Depends on the beer for me. 90% of beer drunk in North America is light lager crap beer like Budweiser, Anheuser-Busch, etc. This beer is best taken cold, because as people have said, cold inhibits flavor, and these beers are the kind you need to chug fast just for the buzz.
    Take a well made craft beer, however, and it becomes a matter of taste. I still prefer IPA's and most stouts ice cold, but there are some beers where you can only appreciate the flavor profile with a closer to room temperature beer.
    People have always taken beer for the blue collar, no nuance alcohol. Well, I submit to you that beer can be as refined as good wine, when done properly. It also fills a similar niche market, because while craft brews are on the rise in terms of market share, the vast majority of the beer market is still dominated the big players like Anheuser-Busch.
    Fight for beer freedom with your dollar! Fuck Busch, support local brewers. I live in Canada, with insane liquor taxation, and here If you go to the local brewery/brewpub, you can get 1.5 litres of any of their excellent beers for 10$. Now that's a sick deal.

9. Ice cold. Warm? What, you trying to make me have a reverse crap?

10. I like my Stouts a little above room temperature. Helps bring out the flavors better. Besides that, cold beers everyday.

11. Warm beer and cold pizza is a batchler's breakfast. Warm beer make me sick, It's gotta be cold.

12. cold, like the justice I will serve out to all criminals, for I am vengece! I am the night! I am batman!.

13. Cold of course

14. They both get you where youre going so

-Sent from Zeta Reticuli starsystem-

15. I drink my stout half and half in the pub. Split between the chilled and non chilled tap.

Tis like cream....

Typed in the cockpit of a runaway Boeing

16. It depends on what I am drinking.

Lagers will always be better at around 38°F. They are fermented colder than ales are best served that way.

All 3 of the American big guys, Bud/Miller/Coors, are lagers of some sort.

Ales on the other hand I'll drink warmer. Not warm, warm-er. Like in the 40°F.

I built a 2 tap keezer, which is a temperature controlled kegerator made from a chest freezer. I keep that right at 40°F.

I'm a beer nerd. I've been home brewing for the last 8 years. I love the science of it.

17. Agreed, Coors light tastes like fucking piss when its warm. I could think of several other brands that also fit in that category.

I liked grasshopper ale warm.

18. I drink beer both ways. Preferably ice cold. Guinness or any other good stout should be room temp. Don't confuse Guinness stout with the beer.
    It's been said if you can't drink a beer that's not chilled isn't worth the drink.