White widow outdoors!!!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by ThePlantDocta, May 14, 2012.

1. I'm growing three purple Frisian Dew, one white widow, one banana kush, and three danky doodles. Same as last time, all organic. I am still making decent time even though it's already may. I have cloned the purple and white widow already and they will be ready to go in the ground in about two weeks. For now though I have the mothers already in the ground and growing strong. Here are pictures of one purple Frisian dew (first pic) and the white widow.

Attached Files:

2. Well something has been eating the new growth on the big bud so I mixed up some neem oil. I guess I made it too strong. It burnt up like five leaves on the plant. I thought organics wouldn't do that?. Oh well. I'm going to look into making a good mix to put in the water. I've heard of other people doing that

3. Neem oil will burn your leaves if left in the sun, so it's best to use it early in the morning. Do you know what's eating at the leaves?

4. [quote name='"azpro"']
    Neem oil will burn your leaves if left in the sun, so it's best to use it early in the morning. Do you know what's eating at the leaves?[/quote]

I have no idea. I noticed a couple fingers on leaves all dried and dead. Then when I looked closer the leaves in question were eaten and that's why they shriveled. It was the new growth. Like the fist set on a new branch. It seems like they only like the taste of that one plant though

5. Tough to say what it could be bro, you're going to have to do a little recon lol. Spray the neem oil (as recommended on bottle) early in the morning and if you should see some improvements. There's also cayenne pepper/garlic sprays you can make to keep bugs away, and it won't burn your plants.

6. Ya it's not looking to good. Most of the old growth is fried. I trimmed a lot of it off so it can focus on the new stuff. Hopefully it will recover In a few weeks.

7. #7 ThePlantDocta, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
    Cloning machine is up and going. I put six in about 4 days ago. 4 purple frisians and two widows

5-16-12

Attached Files:

8. These are the two purple mothers as of today 5-16-12

Attached Files:

9. Getting the holes dug for the clones that will be done soon. The white widow mother (from attitude seeds) is the biggest so far in this area. The others you can see are banana kush, and two danky doodles. I think the big bud is going to die. It's seen better days lmao

Attached Files:

10. Hey, it's great to see you back on your feet with a new grow so fast! I guess you have a passion for growing that can't be stopped. ;)

Great line up. I'm excited to see the Purple F.

11. [quote name='"mjmama25"']Hey, it's great to see you back on your feet with a new grow so fast! I guess you have a passion for growing that can't be stopped. ;)

Great line up. I'm excited to see the Purple F.[/quote]

Lol. This is how I pay my way through school. And I always have a back up plan :)

12. i like the synthetic stuff, azamax. i was warned it will burn leaves as well and to only apply at dawn or dusk and never in direct light.

13. [quote name='"backyard bandit"']i like the synthetic stuff, azamax. i was warned it will burn leaves as well and to only apply at dawn or dusk and never in direct light.[/quote]

Yeah that shit fried my plant. It is better to error in the side of safety then on the side of excess with neem oil. Definitely a lesson hard learned

14. [quote name='"ThePlantDocta"']

Yeah that shit fried my plant. It is better to error in the side of safety then on the side of excess with neem oil. Definitely a lesson hard learned[/quote]

I've been there. Now I always spray at night since most pests are out at night, so it's a good time to blast em. I use my neem and BT mix. Two spoons of neem, I spoon of BT, and a couple drops of dish soap per gallon. This mix doesn't burn if applied at night. You can always be extra safe and use just one spoon of the neem.

It helps to mix the neem and soap with some hot water (just a cup or two) and shake it really well, then add the cold water...and last the BT so you don't cook the beneficial bacteria.

15. Look into Ortho elementals insecticidal soap. It's for organic gardening.

16. [quote name='"zigzagdan"']Look into Ortho elementals insecticidal soap. It's for organic gardening.[/quote]

Workin with a tight budget. Gotta use what I got. Thanks though man

17. [quote name='"ThePlantDocta"']

Workin with a tight budget. Gotta use what I got. Thanks though man[/quote]

Oh i hear that.
    Home depo has it for like 6-7 bucks a bottle, that might be reasonable for you and that stuff works pretty good.

18. [quote name='"zigzagdan"']

Oh i hear that.
    Home depo has it for like 6-7 bucks a bottle, that might be reasonable for you and that stuff works pretty good.[/quote]

Hey thanks man. Neem oil had always worked well for me in the past. I just didn't fallow the directions exactly this time. I will post a pic of the burnt plant and show her progress. It's about that time to post some pictures anyway. I think it's been a week

19. No problem.. With that neem oil, do you just mix with water and water plants or what?

20. [quote name='"zigzagdan"']No problem.. With that neem oil, do you just mix with water and water plants or what?[/quote]

You apply it to the leaves witu a spray bottle