Herb Iron

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by SoChill, May 13, 2012.

1. You need a ceramic tipped one, not just anyone will work.

Check out the Hakko 454 or hakko 456 on frys.com. you can remove the metal tip to reveal the ceramic one. I have the hakko 454 and it works like a charm.

2. I have an actual herb iron, and it's great. I've used a hakko as well, only thing with the hakko is they get very very hot. The newer herb irons, come with a docking base so you don't burn yourself.

3. Hmmm,

I have been mildly interested in an herb iron but I am clumsy as F and I'm afraid I burnt the crap out of myself. :eek:

4. I got a herb iron on 420 and I love it. Don't settle for some random one, thats counterproductive and might b worse for u then a regular lighter. U will eventually make the money u spend on having to buy lighters back anyway. Plus nobody is going to Jack ur herb iron haha

5. [quote name='"imnickim"']I got a herb iron on 420 and I love it. Don't settle for some random one, thats counterproductive and might b worse for u then a regular lighter. U will eventually make the money u spend on having to buy lighters back anyway. Plus nobody is going to Jack ur herb iron haha[/quote]

An herb iron is great, but "settling on a random one" isn't so bad as long as you do some research.

For instance, the Hakko is really virtually identical to the Herb Iron. There's a couple others that are pretty much identical. Both are very safe ceramic heating elements. There's plenty of models with stations as well as button-operated, and even temp-adjustable.

6. what about a weller wes51? it says it has a ceramic coated heating element... would this work?

7. I love my herb iron and dont burn myself. I use one of these herb iron stands.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]