PESTICIDES that WORK

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by OhioStateBuckeyes, May 12, 2012.

1. quote...i dont recommend spraying any pesticide after day 14 of flower.

So what should I do when the [pesticides I have sprayed up till 14 days of lower havent worked? I have used most of these as directed. I even used Floramite with no glory!!

2. floramite is a pesticide that is only meant for ornamental plants - ie. plants that shouldnt be consumed (pot). in fact, they dont even know if it is carcinogenic or not. use with caution.

i mean.....its your grow, and you do what you have to do. if you feel the infestation is bad enough where your HAVE to spray after day 14, than you can......i dont recommend it, though, and therefore i dont accept responsibility if anything goes wrong.

try applying spinosad a few times and a lavender & rosemary/thyme/creeping charlie/peppermint (or something else in the Mentha family) tea. spinosad must be applied at dusk (or 5-10 minutes before lights go off) 3 times over a 10 day period. you can use the lavender & rosmarinic acid tea as a repellant after the eradication.

apply thoroughly. the only way to fully beat an infestation is to fully cover all the foliage on the plant.

best of luck.

-OSUB

3. Thanx OSUB, The website for Floramite has directions.......Crop Mites
    Controlled
    Amount of
    Floramite
    SC
    Miticide per
    400L
    Total
    Number of
    Sprays per
    Crop
    Cycle
    Restricted
    Entry
    Interval
    (REI)
    Pre
    Harvest
    Interval
    (PHI)
    Greenhouse
    Tomatoes
    Twospotted
    Spider Mite 125 mL 2 12 hours
    0 days
    Greenhouse
    Cucumbers
    Peppers and
    Eggplants
    1 day
    Make only one application of Floramite SC Miticide before rotating to products of an
    alternate chemical class
    NOTE: Floramite SC Miticide is primarily active on the motile stages of mites.

4. Google Mighty Wash ( everyone do it now) You'll see tons of accounts saying MW saved my grow on the MJGrowing boards.

you'll never use neem, spinosad, or azamax for anything but prevention again. Bold statement I know .. but for sure it's the truth ..

I have no idea why has not caught on here at GC ( prolly cause GC is turning into the Romper Room of cannabis growing), but RIU, THCFarmer, ETC all have multitudes of converts.

"That Stuff" Mighty Wash? Kills Mites Dead

5. I dont know why it pasted like this lol. It says it can be used for some veggies, I bet most farmers use this, but just dont say so. Anyway this doesnt even work.
    I am gonna keep up with the spinosad amd neem combined. I have done 2 sprays in a row with it so far. one more due tomorrow. Then I will start with the other repellants

6. shit $32 a gallon and do it a few. That would cost me over $200 !! I have to use a gallon inside and a gallon outside to thoroughly saturate plants.....

7. you need to stretch the applications out over a 10 day period. spinosad doesnt kill the eggs, but when they hatch you want to make sure the mites get a quick mist of death. it is very important to keep their life cycles in mind when applying. actually, its detrimental.

-OSUB

8. Just wanted to update my experience. I did two sprays each of neem oil and spinosad but alternated like, one day spinosad, 3 days later neem, 3 days later spinosad, etc.

I also ordered 4 neem trees and neem cake from neem tree farms and added some neem cake to the top layer of my soil. I was sure to mix the cake up in the soil with each watering. I also waited til my lights went off and sprayed the spinosad inside my grow tent and soaked my plants, making sure fans were off and not caring if it got all over the tent, in case those bugs were elsewhere.

I'm happy to report that my plants have returned to growing strong. Buds are nice and fat and smell delicious. There are NO signs of leaf damage on new leaves and the buds dont seem damaged at all. All is well on my little farm. Thank you guys again.

:wave:

9. I had to pick some up yesterday. Needed something that could be used 4+ weeks into flower and it's what the local guy had. Hit the plants yesterday with it just after LightsOut and by the time they came back on all the webbing I saw the night before was gone. It's my first run at any bug killer in there (first grow) but it seems this Mighty Wash is getting it done.

Found this thread Googling Mighty was hoping to find even more do's and dont's for the product. I don't care if it catches on here but I'm glad I found it.

10. You suprise me. I can't find the ingredients listed on the internet anywhere, but it's 99% electromagnetic water, with 1% of something no one is able to identify, it isn't an FDA or Fertilizer database coded or indexed, no experimental use permit listed, no EPA registration number, no pesticide registration number with Oregon or Washington's database, no ORMI certification but it states it's 'green', and you are using it. You must know what's in it...so, what's in it???

11. This surprised you?

I wonder what 'miracle' cure this company has for Powdery Mildew - Eagle 20?

Medicine my ass......

12. #32 CL4P-TP, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
    why SP ?they are a new company, with new tech ..that isn't bloody 100% chems !!!

it take $$ to get OMRI listed.. money, corporations like Scotts have in abundance to buy out the damn certification. but a new "start up" cannot afford right off.

I've been saying what it is supposed to be. sorry it doesn't fit in the Ogani-nazi type of herbicide ( Neem , neem and more neem... with dash of spear mint).

but Skunk, till the fucking hippies retire from politics .. jack shit is gonna get organically approved in the Pac West. the baby boomers are now the old guard and stuck in their "let it rot" ways.

at any rate, feel free to continue to ignore the tons of positive reviews on the product .. I'm done trying...... if you horses won't drink, your own fault.

Unsub'd
    Wharf

13. Not that I whole heartedly believe him, but the guy that sold me the bottle mentioned that the >1% is a cinnamon extract.

14. #34 OhioStateBuckeyes, May 27, 2012
    Questioning what is in it is no reason to fly off the rocker....

I'm not saying mighty wash is bad, but DDT works great until they realized how harmful it is. It's important to know what your putting on you plants & into the earth!!

-OSUB

15. Avid is not that bad, not bad enough to be only one listed to be avoided...

I use Mite-Rid have had great success...not sure active ingredient

16. #36 OhioStateBuckeyes, May 27, 2012
    im glad you brought that up :D

the active ingredient in Avid is avermectin

heres a little bit of info on Avid:

it effects mammals, including us.

plus it has been used so much over the past decade that insects are becoming more and more resistant to it.

it is derived from a bacteria, than processed (thats what gives it it's chemical smell)

source for above info^: Avermectin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

avid has a half life of about 30 days, i believe, and it is only approved for ornamental plants. ornamental - meaning it should not be used on plants for consumption (im sure you know, but for others :D .)

so, avid is a nerve poison, bugs show resistance to it, and it is made with nasty chemicals. its something i will get defensive over the use of, because i dont believe avid is a chemical people should ingest (or inhale :D ).

-OSUB

edit: mite rid's active ingredient is the same thing thats in azamax - azadirachtin....azadirachtin is a neem tree extract.

17. Insecticidal soaps!

Very old fashioned, but it still works! The bugs are smothered by the drying soap- no way they can become resistant. The soap can be easily rinsed off the next day with tepid water. The soapy run-off is broken down by soil bacteria into ferts your plants can use.

How to Use Dr. Bronners As Insecticidal Soap | eHow.com

I use Dr Bronner's Peppermint Soap for killing bugs and several other things. Good product, multiple uses! Available on line or at your health food store.

Granny

18. Yes! That stuff does do a pretty good job. I've used it before and have seen good results. It didn't seem to do a whole lot against mealybugs, though....but there was already an infestation so it can be taken either way.

-OSUB

19. Ya' mean like this stuff? $30.00 an ounce?

Ya' mean if I spend just $30.00 on this pure extract and mix it with water @ 1% I'd have this very same mythical, magical and mysterious concoction?

Lordy be!! Sell my clothes I've gone to heaven!

20. I have never tried the soap method. I have used dish soap with my neem though.
    I will make the recipe.

OSUB can you tell me the report on Floramite as you did with the Avid if you have info on it that is? Thanx I have used it and it didnt work, but I am worried about the effects of it now.