harvesting without killing the plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by boxeaterbobby, May 10, 2012.

1. i planted a few plants outside and i guess i did it way too early and the started flowering. from what i understand they will go back to veg on their own but the buds look close to done. is it possible to harvest the buds without killing the plant so it can go the rest of the season. if it is possible any help on how to go about it would be greatly appreciated

2. I remember reading about it so I'm pretty sure it can be done, probably just leave as much of the leaf and vegetation as you can.

3. Yes it can be done. I Light dept a kandy kush in a 10 gallon, and i harvested it down to the bone. there was veg on the bottom with no buds so i left it. Unintentionally a few weeks later it started veging out again. I ended up planting it in 300 gallons with a a clone last year. It regrew and i got a couple ounces on it, the plant waas extremely flimsy and lots broke in any wind. The clone out grew it 20 fold.