Drying and curing OUTDOORS?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Turkatron, May 8, 2012.

1. Hi all, this is my first grow and i am not anywhere near harvest but i would like to be well

prepared. the problem is, there is no way i can dry/cure indoors, and i'm going to have

to do it outside in the woods. any good ideas guys? how can i keep bugs away? will this

even work :confused: i also have a thread in the beginners section, please check it out. any

help would be so greatly appreciated, thanks

2. No reply? please guys i need some helpp:(

3. Use search functikn before posting..

But have you considered just using a tent?

4. I am also in the same situation and have the same question. Can it be done outdoors without mold?

5. That's what i'm trying to figure out.. And i have searched it and there's no definite answer. I would use a tent but where im growing i feel that would be a bit obvious

6. [quote name='"Turkatron"']That's what i'm trying to figure out.. And i have searched it and there's no definite answer. I would use a tent but where im growing i feel that would be a bit obvious[/quote]

As do I.. And the purpose of drying in a tent is for darkness and constant air from a fan.. Pretty sure there's no electrical outlets in I don't know.. The middle of a forest, aha, so.. I guess we're going to have to come up with our own method for success!

7. Hmmm... i've got a lil highdea (even though i'm 100% sober due to the looong dick of the law)

I've seen people rig old shoeboxes to dry. you could do that, poke holes in the box and whatnot to let air in but not too much light

Then maybe climb up as a tree as higghh as you can and nail the boxes onto the tree. you could even put folliage around it to make it look more natural. but when it's that high up, it'll get a sufficient amount of airflow... don't have to worry about animals up that high either. maybe insects though.

What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes u can dry out side but it will effect the quality depending on climate. I would never even consider drying out side. All that hard work for crispy dried buds

9. I know but the thing is i have no other options..
    i'm just lookin for some input, some personal experience or some idea even if you haven't done it before. i just can't really come up with a good idea besides what i posted above^^... if i have to i will resort to a tent. just hope no one finds it

10. I think I'm just gonna line a plastic tupperware container with bounce sheets, and bring them indoors. I just don't need my house smelling, never know when you're gonna have guests! I could put it in the attic with a fan.. So many possibilities for indoors!

11. i might try my basement. sadly i'm just growing some unknown brick weed (for experience, then i'll order online). obviously i'm still going to harvest even if it has shit genetics, so do you think even mids will reek if i hang the buds in a seperate, unfinished part of my basement?

12. Any buds are gonna smell, ANY. It's just the smell it has that you won't be able to determine. It can start off as a nice pungent fruity smell, and after you cut them it can smell like there's a dead skunk laying in your basement. So.. If after you cut it, it still smells fruity, you may be able to get it done, they need to dry for about a week to two weeks, and I do suggest curing in mason jars!

13. hey man corto malteze drys outside. i think what he does is take a string and tie them between two trees and hang the buds (make sure they are in a shady area under trees) and hang a tarp over them.

14. [quote name='"munchymeiser900"']hey man corto malteze drys outside. i think what he does is take a string and tie them between two trees and hang the buds (make sure they are in a shady area under trees) and hang a tarp over them.[/quote]

Ingenious. Thank you! :)

15. I've already got the jars man. planning on burping once a day for 10 minutes each time, maybe for a month or two just to see how potent it will be compared to the bud i got the seeds from. should be a lot better! so, knowing that my bud is still going to smell like god's asshole, i guess i should just do it outside. the problem is that the nearest spot outdoors is like a 20 minute run, and i will have to go back there EVERY day.. what to do what to do

16. Great idea, but i will need to find a more isolated spot. i live in a semi urban environment and this may raise suspicions going back there every day

17. I totally understand.. I bike ride to my spot, solid five - ten minutes each way. Then I have to climb through the bush for another five, and my spot (THANK GOD) is inaccessible to pesky animals like deer, foxes, etc. I could do this outdoor method I just don't want to be smoking gnats, you know?

18. wasn't my idea so i cant take credit for it but your welcome

19. Haha yeah exactly. i would be growing indoors if i could. and if outdoors was more accessable and isolated, i wouldn't have all these problems. but hey, one day i will find the perfect place. it just takes trial and error i guess. lot's of it from what i hear. but maybe i'll just start running for a half hour or 45 minutes every day, for my own health and stamina as well as my plants' :D

20. if you can grow with no one knowing you can dry with nobody knowing. Or else its in a very bad spot. My grow is in a marsh land and no one goes near there because they dont like walking through mud and water its not easy to get to so its safe. i would find a more r loation