Leaves curling down

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Aarnold83, May 7, 2012.

1. Ok I have heard if leaves curl up and "bear claw" they are looming for something mine are curling down and " bear clawing" no burn healthy looking other than the clawing... What is going on with them??

2. Pics would help. But I have a suggestion. My leaves would curl down when I over watered.

3. i had the same thing happen. its nute lockout. i flushed and the "claw" is starting to go away. so do that. flush with water 2x the size of gallon pot.

4. he doesnt mean like all droopy. he means, the claw

5. p.s. i suggest you do something real quick. i waited about a week while it was doing this. the bottom portion of the plant leaves started to wilt away. head my warning. those plants will die in about 2 weeks. health deteriorates and then it dies even faster. just flush the damn thing. kay ;)

6. So last light I phd soil at a 8.5 ran three gallons of strait water threw the affected ones.. Should I do it agian?

7. No my leaves folded in half and eagle clawed.. I'll take pics tommorow and post em I do believe I got right info nute locked..

8. Oh. Well good thing scorpiozodiac knows what your talking about.

9. Wtf it takes forever for a pic to load... Sorry guys my phone is pissing me off!!

10. EXACTLY LIKE THAT!. ok. now listen closely. you already threw in 3 gallons of water. that plant is probably still in shock. leave it. you probably washed away 75 percent of all that crap anyway. so your fine. dont water them again, or you will drown them. you performed a flush, a half assed one but a flush none the less. just leave them alone , because it more than likely put the plant in mild shock. probably take a few days to recuperate and show improvement the very next day. might not look like it, but give it 2 days and you will see. be careful not to water again until the soil is crusty. put finger in soil if using soil and check wetness. if dry, then water. but dont over do it again. use half nutes this time and see what happens. i havent gotten that far yet, but next time i water i will feed as well with half nutes.

11. To much nitrogen will give your leaves a claw shape. Are your leaves a deep dark green color?

12. yeah i agree. a master grower confirmed that with me. so just do what i said and you'll be fine. you should be fine. lol. plants do the darndest things.

13. The pic above isn't what mine look like .. My leaves are really green I will post some pics tommorow when they wake up.. At lights on.. I also went ahead and started a grow journal to let y'all see what I'm doin in my garden it's titled newbie medical soil grow..

14. [quote name='"Aarnold83"']The pic above isn't what mine look like .. My leaves are really green I will post some pics tommorow when they wake up.. At lights on.. I also went ahead and started a grow journal to let y'all see what I'm doin in my garden it's titled newbie medical soil grow..[/quote]

Sounds like N overload to me man google image nitrogen claw. Looks exactly like you described an eagles claw along with a dark green sometimes almost a deep blue tinge to the leaves.

What nute ratio are you using?

15. image-485914119.jpg

This is a pic of my claw leaves..

16. i had the same problem on a couple plants(i used soil not knowing it had nutes in it) a good flush helped alot i did lose one of them about the same size as the one in your pic, because i waited to long before i flushed them:smoke: Lesson learned always check ur soil and nutes before using them....and try to watch for changes in your plant daily:smoke:

17. Yup flushing her out daily.. For more pics of my setup check out my grow journal titles newbie medical soil grow

18. sounds like nitrogen claw to me, yeah just give it a good flush. same thing happened to me recently

19. My leaves are doing this exact thing. See pic.
    Micro scrog set up in a small tent.
    11 days in to 12/12 switch over.
    Advanced Nutes expert pck + hobbyist pck + Sensi Bloom, following AN's feeding guidlines to the ml.
    Dirt medium, 25-30% perlite.
    200 real watts CFL.
    PH steady 6.5.
    Temp 28-30 lights on, 22-24 lights off.
    Humidity 30%, will raise higher on watering day.
    Strain is supposed to be OG Kush of some kind, however not verified (came through a friends friend, but told is a clipping from a reputable medical grow)...
    Plant seems to be healthy otherwise. Good color, steady growth, super tiny clusters beginning to appear sparsely.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Not trying to hijack this thread, just found this pic on the search for some answers. Thanks in advance.