getting depressed over a crush

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Yummybud20, May 4, 2012.

1. I made a thread a few weeks ago about this girl i've had a crush on for over a year and not talked to. she works at the public library I go to study. i'm super nervous around her and haven't had the balls to talk to her yet. everytime I want to talk to her I freeze up and feel like I can't even talk.

anyways 3 weeks ago I saw her oustide of the library and she saw me and I didn't say hi or anything. then 2 days ago I saw her at the library again I looked at her and she was looking at me and made eye contact with me and then looked away really fast.

she then slowed down like she wanted me to come talk to her and I froze up again and just walked past her without saying anything.

i'm pretty sure she has a crush on me too because I keep on catching her making eye contact and looking away really fast or looking down.

also yesterday I really wanted to go and explain to her that i'm just nervous and that is why I have waited so long to talk to her but yesterday she wouldn't look my way and she looked pissed when I walked past her. like her face looked angry as hell..........

i'm pretty sure she has or had a crush on me and me not talking to her is making her feel like i'm rejecting her or i'm not interested in her.

so of course this is driving me insane. now it will be hard to find her even if I want to talk to her because she will startr avoiding me for sure because after all this time she probably thinks that i'll never talk to her and it's a waste of time.

also today i'm feeling like shit because I wanted to go and talk to her but I just woke up with two huge zits on my face and i'm alreadya nervous wreck and this isn't helping so i'm not going to the library today. and I don't think she works on fridays either. I've only seen her on tuesdays, wed, thursdays and sometimes the weekend.

should I just go there on tuesday when I know she works and just confess that i've wanted to talk to her but i'm just super nervous ?

but i've probably pissed her off now as when i walked by her yesterday she wasn't looking down and she looked angry.

would she think i'm weird if I search for her at the library and contfront her about this.

2. i'm just staying home today and getting baked by myself to pass time. I had a plan to go and confront her today but I got terrible luck and now i have a big red zit on my cheek and one on my neck. i'm already super anxious and don't want to go and to try and talk to her with infected sores on my face.

3. Just fucking talk to her man. It's one thing if you need some advice, but all the advice you need is talk to her. I hope to god you are a troll otherwise you should see a therapist.

4. Stalk her, Stalker.

Ya, chicks really dig being followed. It means they're wanted.

Make sure you stare super intense at her. She'll melt at that for sure.

5. Try this. "Hey, how are you?"

And just hope she doesn't have a one word answer like "good."

6. well I kidn of have to explain to her why I all of a sudden am talking to her. I always look at her and I always catch her looking at me too like making eye contact with me.

i'm pretty sure she has a crush on me also and probably is shy and girls expect guys to come and talk to them first right?

it's been over a year so I can't just be like hey whats up and not explain why I've looked at her and seen her so many times and said nothing.

7. No Balls...No Chance!!
    You got 3 seconds to chat her up from first seeing her, you gotta assume all women LOVE you and want you on site, chat to her for 3 minutes, then ask her out....simple.

You are weak and lack confidence, your post is full of weak assumptions etc etc, just walk up to her ask a polite question, make her laugh, twice, ask her if she's seeing anyone, or ask for her phone number....easy

peace
    "V"

8. i'm just worried that if I walk around the library looking for her i'lll come off as a stalker or nutjob. I had the opportunity to talk to her again 2 days ago but now she will be avoiding me again because I didn't talk to her again and she probably is annoyed and thinks i don't like her.

9. Alcohol is your friend at a moment like this

10. well i'm not dennying the fact that i'm not confident. it's due to a number of things. one, I have mild acne but it's consistant I always have like 1-2 zits on my face and it brings my confidence down a lot and i've tried everything and I still always have like 1 red zit on my face.

other thing is that i'm 26 and only had 1 girlfriend all my life...... dated like 3 girls so I always doubt that any girl will actually like me even if they are showign signs that they do like me.

and about my situtation with this girl. i've seen her and not talked to her for over a year so it's way past the 30 seconds.

11. I don't think I can go to the library boozed up. she'll think i'm an alcoholic.

12. I've had a similar experience to this. A while back I had a crush on a girl from school and we would make eye contact a couple of times but I never mustered the courage to go talk to her. Like you I lacked confidence. I'm currently 18 going 19 and I still have not had a girlfriend yet. To make a long story short I found out that she felt sorry for me and was somewhat irritated of me. Women can really sense if a guy has confidence and if you appear weak then that's an automatic turn off for them. The dating world is not made for us shy men.

13. all your threads are identical

14. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Just go talk to her man. If you're upfront with her about being shy and all, she should look past the last few times you've seen her and she'll understand that it was only out of anxiety.

By avoiding her, if you feel she's avoiding you, only adds to the separation. You need to close the distance and re-assert yourself into her life. No shortcuts, no bullshit.

Next time you se her, whenever that may be for you, go up to her and strike up conversation. Even apologize for the silence between you two, if it helps. So long as you make vocal contact with her, she'll hopefully allow you to feel more comfortable and open up around her.

Also, don't worry too much about facial blemishes or anything visible. When I met the girl I'm talking to now, I had a fever blister brewing on my lip and my acne around my eyes was at an all time high (like, it looked horrendous) yet we were still able to make conversation with all that ugliness on me. You just gotta live in the moment and realize you can't let small things block the big picture.

Best wishes man and hope I she'll learn you're only just shy around her

15. dude just talk to her...you'll feel stupid for dragging it out so long.

16. Holy fuck, at this point just go to a different library and forget about it all because you will never do anything.

Havent you been making threads about this library chick since 2011?

17. 1/ She doesn't have a crush on you.
    2/ She will never like you if you don't even talk to her.
    3/ Talking to people is no big deal at all, just say hey ffs.
    4/ Ask her out, you have NOTHING to lose. It's not like you could blow a friendship over her.
    5/ Either do something about trying to pursue a relationship with her, or quit being all melodramatic and torementing yourself.

Stop thinking and start doing, my man.

18. i'm worried that it's been too long and she is pissed at me now for not talking ot her. i'm 99 percent sure she also had a crush on me. why else would she keep on looking at me also. also noticed she looks nervous and frustrated when I walk past her. like everytime I walk past her she looks angry. also when she looks at me and we make eye contact she looks at me for a second then quickly turns her hed to the side and like flips her hair like she's pissed.

should I just wait until I get a chances to walk by her again or should I go and try and find her when she is working........ i don't want to scare her away.

19. yeah man it's starting to get weird...borderline stalker shit.

20. [quote name='"Yummybud944"']i'm worried that it's been too long and she is pissed at me now for not talking ot her. i'm 99 percent sure she also had a crush on me. why else would she keep on looking at me also. also noticed she looks nervous and frustrated when I walk past her. like everytime I walk past her she looks angry. also when she looks at me and we make eye contact she looks at me for a second then quickly turns her hed to the side and like flips her hair like she's pissed.

should I just wait until I get a chances to walk by her again or should I go and try and find her when she is working........ i don't want to scare her away.[/quote]

Youre wayyyyyy overthinking these "signals"

Whatever you do, don't go up to her saying "hey I've been looking for you"