Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this weed moldy?? Pics

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tmanishere, Apr 23, 2012.

1. I've never seen the before, but that white circle thing looks like mold. I got little tiny white hairs on my bud too, but that other stuff, i'd say its mold

2. Hmm okay, i would just think that mold is more spotty, this looks to be more geometrical rather than random spotty like mold... hmm

3. I had some that looked kinda like that once... I just wiped of the spiderwebby stuff an smoked it

4. [​IMG]
    theres a good example of PM.

5. good example, im still curious because the pm on that weed is spotty, you can clearly see the mold. On mine the whol bud seems to be covered in this white hairy stuff. When i put a really bright light up to it, it looked somewhat shiny/sparkly, and the white stuff looked like hairs, and it was all over the bud, not in spots though

6. Mold spreads ya know?

I'll tell you this, smoking a small amount of mold won't kill you, I'll bet there's been a time when all of us have gotten a moldy nug and still smoked it.

If you smoke mold on a regular basis it will eventually prove detrimental to your health.

7. Makes sense, I've done some research on this PM and soooo many people are saying PM is not bad for humans. Maybe in very large amount though. Many are saying it's not bad like other molds.

8. It is bad for people but like I said there needs to be a consistent amount smoked in order for it to be damaging.

I don't encourage smoking it but at the same time if you're looking for a buzz might as well go for it.

9. [quote name='"fatblunts9-5-4"']

idk if you look at the bud the trichomes are very dark colored and the white seems like it doesnt belong...i would at least pick off the moldy looking part.[/quote]

Mold travels through the air, you wouldn't be able to salvage a moldy bud, if this bud did infact have mold (which in my opinion it does not look like it does) he would definitely have to throw it away or risk smoking molded bud.

10. Yeah, people were saying that if you blow on it, mildew will fly off, i did and i saw nothing fly off, I scraped it with my nails and for the most part it sticked on pretty well. It just looks like crystally hairs, what are your thoughts on this?

11. All my posts above are merely speculation.
    I could be wrong but from my own experience with PM it definitely looks like it.

Sounds like theres nothing to be worried about then.
    Smoke on :smoke:

12. Lol okay, last thing, if i put the bud in the microwave for 15 sec will it kill a lot of the mildew? thus making it safer to smoke? I know it destroys some of the buds potency though.

13. I would stay away from the microwave
    Lest ye taint it further :smoke:

14. Oh and the white hairs seem to be abundant on leaves and at the bottom of every bud i have. This pattern makes me think its natural, but im not sure. still iffy

15. heres another pic of a bud i have with similar coloring, look at the leaves
    [​IMG]

16. I haven't seen any mold on any of the pics you posted, just looks like quality bud to me.

17. That macro helped.
    Yeah you're mold free.

18. yeah its the 2nd thought I had which was that it was just a frosty nug from batch thats been overgrown and overcured and was just waiting to be cracked open. I can say with 99 percent accuracy that its just really potent bud and will most likely be a really intense high. In other words:

"don't smoke this shit and go to some place like the mall if your not gonna take an anti anxiety pill too"

19. Looks like some dank shit

20. Take apart the bud with your fingers and if the white parts look different from the rest of the bud it might be mold. It looks like it might be just crystal and hairs to me though so whenever you wanna toke just inspect it and see if it looks like it belongs.

Should be alright to toke though, I would hate to waste a bud that looks like that.