SSV with an all glass vapor-bong airpath

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Heosphoros, Apr 15, 2012.

1. #21 amdnivram, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    its not, because his set up is not an all glass vapor path. What is so hard to understand? Your statement doesnt apply to this situation. An all vapor path way prevents from any unwanted harmful materials to get in along with preserving the taste, this is assuming the materials your using are sub par and do in fact contain the taste and harmful materials. So if the whip is made from reliable material, the difference between using it and not would be negligible unless you have some statistics. Your trying to ague that even though it is not all glass, you can apply a speculative theory to a case that does not fit and say that it is somehow significantly different from just the additional vape?

When using the whip, there is no extra plastic taste or smell. I clean my equipment after every use and replace it at the slightest sign of changing the vaporizer performance. It seems to me that the issues with this method are based on the user and not the equipment. So besides the false assumption that a non all glass air path can be what it is not, what other issues do you have? In terms of hassle there's a cord and larger vaporizer unit that has to be constantly moved. The vapor enters the glass piece at a higher temperature due to the distance between the screen and the location of diffusion.

2. #22 SourDeezel420, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    You're just a moron. :rolleyes:

Name-calling is not tolerated on GrassCity - WW

3. whips just get in the way, its like the cord on a corded phone, you just have to work around it.

using the vape on a male/male on the tube means no whip, no shit in the way.
    i HATED the fucking whip when i vaporbonged, always curling in odd ways (i personally never had any taste issues using a whip, but i dont taste most things :D)

everything in use is glass except the unit itself so it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ridiculous for you to say its not an all glass vapor path.....

the herb is in a GLASS bowl and the hot air is coming from the heating element which is in a GLASS heater cover, passing through the GLASS bowl/adapter and through the GLASS bong into his lungs (ok, those aren't glass(i think?), YOU GOT ME)

4. #25 amdnivram, Apr 16, 2012
    but doesnt the wire connecting to the ssv also get in the way just as much as the whip? The ssv isnt wireless and the issue of having some sort of cable in the way is still there. Now instead of risking the wand or material falling, now you risk the vaporizer unit along with any added stress of having the weight constantly on the bowl.

The glass adapter also has a metal screen inside holding the material which defeats the purpose of all glass vapor path and the speculative benefits. An all glass vapor path is only better assuming the material your using are harmful, so if they are not the benefit you get is marginal at best. All glass isnt all glass when you risk the taste and debris of a metal screen.

5. no, the cord comes out of the back of the unit away from the user and its thinner and easier to deal with/doesn't hold its shape as irritatingly well

the tubing i've dealt with in the past always wanted to curl up and fuck up my arrangement cause it was always kept coiled up for convenience

OH DAMN i guess you better call StoneMonkey55 and the manufacturers of the Cloud and tell them they fucked up their all glass vapor path too :laughing:

6. #27 amdnivram, Apr 16, 2012
    advertisement is just that. If you do some searching you can see the goal of an all glass vapor path and what it means. What i'm saying is that your just splitting hairs, and an all glass vapor path is preference not necessarily efficiency when it is not indeed all glass. The cloud has other benefits and things going for it besides the all glass vapor path. Some who try for an all glass vapor path actually attempt to have an all glass vapor path by adding a glass screen( modified).

The cord can get just as curly if you dont properly store it. Even if its on the back, the cord itself is still in the way. It might not be to the extent, but then again with the whip you not moving around the entire ssv unit and only the small glass adapter. Theres small risk of breaking or dropping anything valuable along with added benefit of being able to control the temperature by wand manipulation.

7. [quote name='"amdnivram"'] I only asked why he chose to use the adapter instead of the whip+ wand which would make it easier since you dont have to constantly move the large vaporizer instead of just the adapter. I never stated that the method he was using is wrong, but he must have incorrectly used the whip+ wand if he found any negative difference between them. [/quote]

That is what you asked. And I answered you very clearly. I'm sorry it was you who weren't able to understand, just as you haven't been able to understand the other posts.

I don't know why you're being so stubborn, I've used the whip many times. Do I need to post videos for you? I have them, and I assure you I used them correctly. You're obviously misinformed about how the vape works. No differences? Simple knowledge of physics will tell you there are differences. The drag and airpath added to the tube makes the vapor more stale than my method. I assure you this tastes better, as I have tried both extensively, and you haven't.

[quote name='"amdnivram"']I He did state that with the whip and wand there are issues, which I have not had. His post clearly indicates that his method is superior, and I decided to correct him and show that theres no efficiency difference. My intention was to simply find out why he chose that method considering that it would be easier to cause accidents with the constant vape movement. Its not a lsv which can easily be used like a herb iron, so I decided to ask. I wasn't trying to put anyone down, but we both made it escalate. I wasnt the one who failed at properly reading the post, that was an error on both our parts.[/quote]

You decided to show nothing. Don't try to make your previous posts out to be something they aren't, we all read them. You decided to start beef with something you clearly didn't understand. There is an efficiency difference, and you showed no evidence that there isn't, other than the fact you say so. What don't you understand about a shorter, wider airpath?

[quote name='"amdnivram"'] There was no anger or any real issues, simply a misunderstanding. Why would I respond to a post that has nothing to do with what I was talking about? His issues were speculative at best, and I responded by stating that the issue of drag was no noticeable. [/quote]

Yes, they are speculative. Yours are less than that, considering you've never tried it. How can you pretend you notice the drag difference when you haven't tried it? That's silly. And there was no misunderstanding, other than you misunderstanding the reasons why this is a superior vapor-bong method.

[quote name='"amdnivram"'] Now if you want to talk about hassle, the whip might get in the way but the bowl and screen are clearly better than that of the adapter/ make shift screen inside along with the huge size difference between having to move the small adapter or the considerably larger vaporizer. [/quote]

Why is an 18mm bowl with an SSV screen more hassle than a smaller 18mm bowl with an SSV screen? You do realize they're the exact same thing right? Mine is just smaller. And make-shift screen? Sorry it's an SSV screen, same one that fits in the 18mm bowl on the wand. The whip is more of a hassle, I assure you, I still have it, and use it dry. I don't mind using it for vapor-bonging, but this is tastier, easier, and lets me pack a second bowl. Again, sorry you disagree, but my reasonings are sound. Also, the SSV is not very large at all. Maybe your hands are small, but this is no hassle for me whatsoever. It's like lifting a bottle of water 3 inches off a desk. Very difficult -sarcasm-.

[quote name='"amdnivram"']
    The whip doesnt get in the way as much as the cord that is attached to the vaporizer, or did you conveniently forget that it is not wireless? With a whip, the vaporizer is stationary so that issue is replaced by the cord. The reduction of the whip isnt a benefit because you replace it with a similar problem. Since were allowing for speculative data, you can also say that the wand and whip allow for the vapor to cool down further before entering the glass piece and provides an additional method at temperature control by wand manipulation in the heating element.[/quote]

Your logic is full of error. The cord doesn't get in the way at all. The reason the tubing gets in the way is it's somewhat short, and many users (especially guests) accidently tug on it calling the wand to fall out. It is fragile and prone to error. The cord however is extremely long. I can use my vape outside while plugging it inside. It doesn't get in the way at all. Do you see it getting in the way in the video? I don't. And so far since owning this bowl I've never had any hassle with the cord, and believing so honestly shows a lack of understanding of basic physics. I move it, and the cord moves with it. It can't fall out, I can't tug on it, nothing can happen like it does in a whip. Replacing? You're grasping at straws here to avoid admitting you aren't correct.

And in terms of temperature? That only adds to my point. The point of a bong is to cool and moisten the vapor so it's easier to take. When I use it dry - I use the hose. It's cooler than directly drawing from the unit obviously. When your using a bong you very obviously don't need the whip to cool it down, it would do nothing in comparison to the bong. So yes, you're right, the tubing is better to use while dry. However, I much prefer this method with a vapor-bong for a variety of reasons clearly outlined in this thread. I figured other people might feel the same. In fact I know some do.

All glass vapor path assumes all glass including the screen. Although the whip is added along with the screen, there's no noticeable difference. It would be an issue if the whip was made out of any inappropriate materials, but considering that it is not the difference is minimal. Ridiculous that you say its better simply because you call it an all glass air vapor path when it isnt. All glass is simply that, i'm sure that's a metal screen in his adapter. Even if its in the air path, the metal is still there. Again I was just wondering why he chose to have the vaporizer unit mobile when it seems like more of a hassle. I questioned if he used the whip method properly and decided to compare with my experiences after hearing his opinion. Having tried this method before, I wanted to analyze someone else's experience and compare with my own. Whatever happen after was caused by unclear posts on both sides that led to misunderstandings.[/quote]

An all glass airpath means exactly what was video-taped when talking about vaporizers. You say the whip doesn't add a noticeable difference, but about every other vaporists disagrees with you. And I'm here saying look, I've tried both, and there IS a noticeable difference. You've claimed yourself that you always use the whip, so again, you would not know. Yes there's a metal screen, but in that harsh definition there isn't a vaporizer out there with an all glass airpath. You're splitting hairs to avoid your mistakes.

But I digress, all that is unimportant because the benefits are there. Is there a screen? Yes. Does that negate the benefits of the airpath? Not even close. There's huge benefits to this method, and you don't have to use it, and please keep using your whip. I do not care. And please stop trying to re-write your previous posts. That isn't what you were saying whatsoever.

When using the whip, there is no extra plastic taste or smell. I clean my equipment after every use and replace it at the slightest sign of changing the vaporizer performance. It seems to me that the issues with this method are based on the user and not the equipment. So besides the false assumption that a non all glass air path can be what it is not, what other issues do you have? In terms of hassle there's a cord and larger vaporizer unit that has to be constantly moved. The vapor enters the glass piece at a higher temperature due to the distance between the screen and the location of diffusion.[/quote]

This is ALL your opinion. What don't you understand about that? And it's really very simple fact that a whip DOES change the taste. Countless vaporists would agree. And in terms of hassle....there's a cord on the vaporizer anyway. No different than LSV, the Cloud, or any log vape. There is literally no difference so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. What imagined hassle do you speak of? The cord getting tangled with...the air? it's a long cord. And the SSV is a very small vaporizer, as I said above. It doesn't have to be constantly moved (pick up a few inches once every hit?), and it's like picking up a bottle of water. I can do it one handed, something that is much more hassle with the whip.

With the whip, you have to move the bong, and both ends of your wand. That isn't a bad thing, but please don't pretend like picking up a singular (yet slightly larger item) is somehow way more difficult.

[quote name='"amdnivram"']really? Hmm It seems like your the moron for not being able to see that metal in the adapter means its not all glass. If your going to respond, at least try to put some thought before typing.

All - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary[/quote]

Again, grasping at hairs. This was hardly the point - the point was the tubing. The SSV claims an all glass airpath anyway. This is only more glass, not less. What benefit don't you see? All the benefits are there, sorry you refuse to acknowledge them.

but doesnt the wire connecting to the ssv also get in the way just as much as the whip? The ssv isnt wireless and the issue of having some sort of cable in the way is still there. Now instead of risking the wand or material falling, now you risk the vaporizer unit along with any added stress of having the weight constantly on the bowl.[/quote]

Have you even used this vape? The cord doesn't get any more in the way than when I normally use it. It literally is no hassle at all. The issue isn't "having a cable in the way" it's as you put it - risking the wand or material falling out. That is what you're risking. Thank you for admitting that.

Now, the vaporizer unit? How can it fall if it's what I'm picking up? And seeing as the cord is extremely long, my SSV has never ever been tugged at, nor probably will it ever. The same issue isn't there at all, and I don't see how you could possibly think it was. I swear you seem to not understand how basic things work..

The glass adapter also has a metal screen inside holding the material which defeats the purpose of all glass vapor path and the speculative benefits. An all glass vapor path is only better assuming the material your using are harmful, so if they are not the benefit you get is marginal at best. All glass isnt all glass when you risk the taste and debris of a metal screen.[/quote]

You risk those same things when using the tubing. Your logic is incredibly flawed. With my method you get all the benefits of an SSV....just minus the taste of the tubing. You say the tubing makes no difference but say the metal screen compromises everything? You get all the benefits, I promise you.

[quote name='"amdnivram"']advertisement is just that. If you do some searching you can see the goal of an all glass vapor path and what it means. What i'm saying is that your just splitting hairs, and an all glass vapor path is preference not necessarily efficiency when it is not indeed all glass. The cloud has other benefits and things going for it besides the all glass vapor path. Some who try for an all glass vapor path actually attempt to have an all glass vapor path by adding a glass screen( modified).

The cord can get just as curly if you dont properly store it. Even if its on the back, the cord itself is still in the way. It might not be to the extent, but then again with the whip you not moving around the entire ssv unit and only the small glass adapter. Theres small risk of breaking or dropping anything valuable along with added benefit of being able to control the temperature by wand manipulation.[/quote]

You've dug your own grave. I have the benefits I stated and nothing more. All of them are backed up by pretty hard facts. And please, the cord isn't in the way, you should drop that life-line.

There is that increased risk with the wand, but no added benefit of being able to control temperature. How do you figure that one? There's no difference in temperature regulation between our methods whatsoever.

Anyway, you've had nothing new to say whatsoever. I'd appreciate it if you stopped trolling my thread.

8. Whips add a difference, it's not glass. All glass is way tastier. Use a whip long enough and it will get stained. Even if u clean it, it's gona be stained. Take a dirty glass piece and clean it properly and it's just like new. Gong is the way to go, no tubing. Using the ssv as a lighter is ideal as well. If these guys got on FC with these arguments, they would be shut down instantly. GonG ftw Nuff sed

9. ...said the slow kid that takes the short bus to school.

10. damn, lots of "knowledge" being dropped in here. Just a quick question, what is the advantage of attaching a bong to your vape? I'm assuming you just get bigger/faster hits and all, but it kinda seems like it would be more of a hassle than anything. Not trying to bash anyone that does this, I just wanted to know of any specific advantages to this method I may be overlooking.

11. It has nothing to do with bigger, faster hits. It has to do with the fact that water conditioned vapor is smoother and less harsh. Although vapor is less harsh than smoke, it isn't irritation free. Water conditioning makes a big difference.

12. ^got it; well seeing as I don't even find smoke to be harsh/irritating anymore I definitely don't see any advantages to this. I'm an everyday smoker and regularly take huge rips from my Sovereignty bong without any problems with harshness or coughing, but I'm also a cigarette smoker so my lungs are just used to the abuse I suppose. You say that vapor is less harsh then smoke, so personally I don't have a need for all the hassle of attachments and extra "water conditioning" I guess. Bigger/faster hits is the only reason I'd get a vape to bong attachment so I guess it's just not for me. Thanks for the info, peace.

13. [quote name='"The Osiris"']^got it; well seeing as I don't even find smoke to be harsh/irritating anymore I definitely don't see any advantages to this. I'm an everyday smoker and regularly take huge rips from my Sovereignty bong without any problems with harshness or coughing, but I'm also a cigarette smoker so my lungs are just used to the abuse I suppose. You say that vapor is less harsh then smoke, so personally I don't have a need for all the hassle of attachments and extra "water conditioning" I guess. Bigger/faster hits is the only reason I'd get a vape to bong attachment so I guess it's just not for me. Thanks for the info, peace.[/quote]

Well really, it's the same advantages a regular bong has.

I was a bong smoker too before vapor, and I never had issues coughing, even while taking big rips out of the same bong.

But vapor is almost purely actives, so it's extremely potent. Vapor hits tend to be dry, and while I don't cough regardless of how big a hit I take off that, I can still take bigger hits out of the bong. I used to not see the point, but you really can't get any more tasty vapor than this method. Even though neither will be irritating, I think you'll find you can take nice concentrated hits out of glass.

14. ^Thanks for the good info man, I've been looking into this for a while now and haven't really found too much information about it. Just wanted some personal experience/advice to see what all the buzz was about. I've smoked out of vapes before and the sensation in the lungs is definitely different, I wouldn't really say it has ever been harsh though. One issue I did have though was getting a decent sized hit out of a vape vs a bong, so that's why I was asking. Thanks again, peace.