SSV with an all glass vapor-bong airpath

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Heosphoros, Apr 15, 2012.

1. So I got a double ended 18.8mm joint, and was able to fit a Silver Surfer screen inside, and use it as a slide! My GonG hands free Silver Surfer easily fits on for a very tasty vapor-bong rip.

It may be a bit more awkward than the LSV, but I'm having a blast! Works great as a second bowl as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afxwGTIqh00&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'd highly recommend it!

2. Not bad, where'd you find that double 18mm joint?

3. [quote name='"SourDeezel420"']Not bad, where'd you find that double 18mm joint?[/quote]

I got it off Aqua Lab, couldn't find one anywhere else. They had a 90 degree one as well (straight up and down) but I thought this one would be less awkward with the SSV or a DBV.

4. Think I might give that a try with my Da Buddha. I use it through my SGW waffle but I have having to deal with whips.

5. Thats a nice piece, I'm sure it would work very similarly to my setup. The screen is a bit more difficult to get in it than regular wand, but it's definitely doable.

6. Great idea though. I broke my original wand a while back and just broke my backup one a month ago. It's a lot cheaper just to do it this way than to buy a new wand, hose, bong adapter (which I also broke), etc, all the time.

7. why dont you just use the wand + tube to connect it to the 18mm male to male adapter?? Thats what I use and it looks like less of a hassle.

8. [quote name='"amdnivram"']why dont you just use the wand + tube to connect it to the 18mm male to male adapter?? Thats what I use and it looks like less of a hassle.[/quote]

Nah haha. I used to do that until today xD. But I found that it was a lot more of a hassle than this is.

No alteration of taste because of tube, no condensation on tube, and not having to deal with the altered chug through a bong because of the piece of tubing.

That's why a lot of bongs meant for use with glass are made so there's no tubing. This way is better for vapor-bonging to be honest. It's no hassle really, all it is is a slide and then the vape, similar to slide + lighter.

9. #9 amdnivram, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
    ? Hmm you clearly arent doing it right or it can be the size of the glass being used lol. Well maybe since my piece isnt as big, it feels like breathing in air with no added drag. Your method looks like its a hassle when others are smoking simply because the vape is being moved and removed instead of just the adapter which means you only need to move the adapter around and not the bulky vape. I also need to change it to a 90* adapter because of the dewaar joint. [​IMG]

i'll see if i can get a video up in a bit.

10. #10 Heosphoros, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    [quote name='"amdnivram"']? Hmm you clearly arent doing it right or it can be the size of the glass being used lol. Well maybe since my piece isnt as big, it feels like breathing in air with no added drag. Your method looks like its a hassle when others are smoking simply because the vape is being moved and removed instead of just the adapter which means you only need to move the adapter around and not the bulky vape. I also need to change it to a 90* adapter because of the dewaar joint.

i'll see if i can get a video up in a bit.[/quote]

Uhhh..trust me I'm doing it fine. They're both 18mm joints and your post makes me think you don't know what you're talking about.

And the ssv isn't very large, and I have no hassle at all picking it up. Again its just a lighter and slide. Very simple.

Its a perfect fit. Its an airtight seal. A 90 degree adapter wouldn't work as well, and would only be bulkier. There's also no dewaar joint.

There's no need for a video. I have plenty of videos up of me using the whip. You very obviously misunderstand. The drag added from the whip isn't a good thing. Without the whip there's way better airflow which means way thicker vapor. I'm sorry you don't like the method and you certainly don't have to do it yourself, but you keep your hose haha.

11. wouldn't running the vapour through the bong remove a lot of the active ingredients?

and isn't the point of having a vape such that you don't need to filter it like that?

looks neat and i hope it smokes real smooth... but i am on the fence as to whether this is a "better" method or just "another" method.

12. [quote name='"ReallyRed"']wouldn't running the vapour through the bong remove a lot of the active ingredients?

and isn't the point of having a vape such that you don't need to filter it like that?

looks neat and i hope it smokes real smooth... but i am on the fence as to whether this is a "better" method or just "another" method.[/quote]

The active ingredients aren't soluble in water, so no, no more than in a bong.

Vapor is very dry, and can still be quite harsh to some people. Personally I have no issue with it, and keep the hose to hit my SSV dry. However, a bong, regardless of how you feel about the dry hits, allows you to take MUCH bigger hits. A normal bowl in my SSV gets me 10+ hits, but with a bong I can change that number to 4 or 5. I was on the fence too, as I felt it wasn't necessary to smooth them out, and it wouldn't make a difference.

But after experiencing it many times for myself, I can easily attest it makes the same difference smoking out of a bong would. You get to take a much larger hit at once, giving it a very different experience. If I wanna chill and relax I'll hit it dry. If I want as much THC rushing to my brain as possible...bong it is.

13. I love it!! :hello: It definelty gives me an idea for the near future..perfect fit and huge hits

Sadly it wont let me rep you again yet :devious:..really good thread though

14. #14 amdnivram, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    lol clearly your also blind and cant see the picture I posted with the dewaar joint and my set up. The rest of your post is just gibberish that refers to nothing because you misunderstood my entire post.

Disrespect is not tolerated here. If you can't comment without respect, don't post. = WW

15. [quote name='"amdnivram"']
    lol clearly your also blind and cant see the picture I posted with the dewaar joint and my set up. The rest of your post is just gibberish that refers to nothing because you misunderstood my entire post.[/quote]

xD It's not gibberish at all....sorry you can't understand. But really there's no need to get so angry over the internet. Sorry you don't like my setup, but there's no need to get so upset.

I saw your picture, but it doesn't matter because my bong is different. But either way, the adapter in question will work for either of our pieces. You wouldn't have to get a 90 degree one at all. So you're just very wrong -shrug- sorry. Nothing in your post was remotely correct.

16. No, I think your comprehension skills have failed you because it is you who is misunderstanding him. Granted, he may have thought you were talking about his bong when it came to the dewaar joint, but really that is the only point you had against him and this short post proved that. And it's not like your obvious skill in writing exactly made it easy on someone to figure out what you were trying to say.

Please, tell us how he is "clearly doing everything wrong" while using his vaporizer like that. I really don't see how there is any hassle with his method. But what I do see a hassle with is having to deal with the whip. Whips get dirty fast, clutter up a space and make it really easy for someone to accidentally knock the vape over and spill a load which has happened to me more than once. I think his set up is far superior to using a whip.

I'm not sure why your going into the particulars of your setup, and specific needs for your own bong but I can tell you that nobody is going to care, especially when your using it as a point while putting down someone else's setup. We all have really nice setups here, and if it gets the job done then that is that. We usually don't spend to much time around here putting people down because they choose to use their vape in a way differently from you.

17. #17 amdnivram, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    I only asked why he chose to use the adapter instead of the whip+ wand which would make it easier since you dont have to constantly move the large vaporizer instead of just the adapter. I never stated that the method he was using is wrong, but he must have incorrectly used the whip+ wand if he found any negative difference between them. He did state that with the whip and wand there are issues, which I have not had. His post clearly indicates that his method is superior, and I decided to correct him and show that theres no efficiency difference. My intention was to simply find out why he chose that method considering that it would be easier to cause accidents with the constant vape movement. Its not a lsv which can easily be used like a herb iron, so I decided to ask. I wasn't trying to put anyone down, but we both made it escalate. I wasnt the one who failed at properly reading the post, that was an error on both our parts.

There was no anger or any real issues, simply a misunderstanding. Why would I respond to a post that has nothing to do with what I was talking about? His issues were speculative at best, and I responded by stating that the issue of drag was no noticeable. Now if you want to talk about hassle, the whip might get in the way but the bowl and screen are clearly better than that of the adapter/ make shift screen inside along with the huge size difference between having to move the small adapter or the considerably larger vaporizer. The whip doesnt get in the way as much as the cord that is attached to the vaporizer, or did you conveniently forget that it is not wireless? With a whip, the vaporizer is stationary so that issue is replaced by the cord. The reduction of the whip isnt a benefit because you replace it with a similar problem. Since were allowing for speculative data, you can also say that the wand and whip allow for the vapor to cool down further before entering the glass piece and provides an additional method at temperature control by wand manipulation in the heating element.

Btw I've noticed how you love twisting the words in a post to mean something completely different,

"Your clearly arent doing it right" does not equal "your doing everything wrong" if your going to call me on something, at least do it right. It means that he didn't use the method with the whip correctly, not that his methods of vaporization are wrong.

18. Actually, it's your post that's gibberish. Learn what is meant by "all glass vapor path". :rolleyes:

19. #19 amdnivram, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    love your post, i'll respond in a similar fashion

learn what is meant by" statistical proof vs speculative." All glass vapor path assumes all glass including the screen. Although the whip is added along with the screen, there's no noticeable difference. It would be an issue if the whip was made out of any inappropriate materials, but considering that it is not the difference is minimal. Ridiculous that you say its better simply because you call it an all glass air vapor path when it isnt. All glass is simply that, i'm sure that's a metal screen in his adapter. Even if its in the air path, the metal is still there. Again I was just wondering why he chose to have the vaporizer unit mobile when it seems like more of a hassle. I questioned if he used the whip method properly and decided to compare with my experiences after hearing his opinion. Having tried this method before, I wanted to analyze someone else's experience and compare with my own. Whatever happen after was caused by unclear posts on both sides that led to misunderstandings.

20. Okay, one last time, Einstein. It's better because it's easier to clean, doesn't smell or have to be replaced over time. Is this really difficult for you to understand?