Ohio Medical Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by TheRealGOM, Apr 12, 2012.

1. too bad we cant still leave comments on their pages anymore :devious:

2. Yup a sad day for Ohio... :(

3. And everyone knows they weren't turned in because.......?

Forgive me, I'm no fan of OMCA but I've seen varying reports about whether or not the sigs were gathered. Does anyone have anything concrete? :confused:

4. [quote name='"noobwannB"']And everyone knows they weren't turned in because.......?

Forgive me, I'm no fan of OMCA but I've seen varying reports about whether or not the sigs were gathered. Does anyone have anything concrete? :confused:[/quote]

The organization itself said they were short. But tried to reassure us of the future. The signatures gathered do not expire unless the voter changes address. So 2013/14 seems realistic to me

5. They didn't collect but very few signatures as she was waiting for Peter Lewis to step in and buy them. There were many people ready to collect them, but they were never made available to anyone.

6. She will never get the support of the people to make this happen. She lied from the start, and lied till the end.

7. Though we didn't get mmj. There is something that popped up today that is at least something. Starting sept 23rd, paraphernalia is going to be a minor misdemeanor, and no longer 4th degree.

8. I was too lazy to look it up. Thanks :)

9. This is so relieving to me... I never understood why the hell a pipe would be more of a punishment than the actual drug. Im glad they fixed that. So wait, is medical marijuana not even gonna be on the 2012 ballot?

10. [quote name='"t-fizz"']

This is so relieving to me... I never understood why the hell a pipe would be more of a punishment than the actual drug. Im glad they fixed that. So wait, is medical marijuana not even gonna be on the 2012 ballot?[/quote]

Nope not this year :(. I have faith in 2013

11. If Theresa and OMCA2012 keep their nose out of it, it might happen in 2014.

12. Hillbilly420 Are you near the Kent State area?

13. Nope..Why?

14. Everyone needs to read deeper into this law. All it does is take away the jail time. It is still mandatory suspensions of your drivers license for 6 months to 5 years. Also you can be put on probation if the judge wants to.

Here is the wording of the new law.

Sec. 2925.141. (A) As used in this section, "drug paraphernalia" has the same meaning as in section 2925.14 of the Revised Code.

(B) In determining if any equipment, product, or material is drug paraphernalia, a court or law enforcement officer shall consider, in addition to other relevant factors, all factors identified in division (B) of section 2925.14 of the Revised Code.

(C) No person sha...ll knowingly use, or possess with purpose to use, any drug paraphernalia that is equipment, a product, or material of any kind that is used by the person, intended by the person for use, or designed for use in storing, containing, concealing, injecting, ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing into the human body marihuana.

(D) This section does not apply to any person identified in division (D)(1) of section 2925.14 of the Revised Code, and it shall not be construed to prohibit the possession or use of a hypodermic as authorized by section 3719.172 of the Revised Code.

(E) Division (E) of section 2925.14 of the Revised Code applies with respect to any drug paraphernalia that was used or possessed in violation of this section.

(F) Whoever violates division (C) of this section is guilty of illegal use or possession of marihuana drug paraphernalia, a minor misdemeanor.

(G) In addition to any other sanction imposed upon an offender for a violation of this section, the court shall suspend for not less than six months or more than five years the offender's driver's or commercial driver's license or permit. If the offender is a professionally licensed person, in addition to any other sanction imposed for a violation of this section, the court immediately shall comply with section 2925.38 of the Revised Code.

15. Read your own shit. That is not what (g) says. It's if you have more than one offense you may get a suspension.

First time offenders will get a small fine and that's it

16. You cited a KSU news source, and Theresa spent a lot of time there campaigning and whatnot.

17. Where does it say in line G anything about more then one offence?

18. I just followed the whole OMCA2012 movement and knew it was going to be a train wreck by the way it was being run.

19. Checked on this also and yes, first time offenders will lose their license. It is mandatory and must be upheld if you are found or plea guilty to this. No judge can wave it as that is how the law is writen.