Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the youngest age you should start smoking at?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Titch, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What a joke, some people like me never even made senior year. By the time I was 13 I knew more info than many vets, actually studied it before smoking.

There is no absolute answer, everyone handles things differently.

2. whenever u want to lol. i was 12

3. I think your brain is fully developed in the 20s but i started way before that

4. I started when I was 11, which was waaay too young. I think when people get to that part in their life where they start working harder to get where they want and stop effin around, only then should you start smoking.

5. I said senior year for a reason: when I was in high school (in college now) 80% of the kids who smoked slacked off and now are working shitty ass jobs at McDicks because they couldn't get into college. If that's the path you want to take, then fine, smoke weed and don't try in school. However, Senior year is generally when the workload drops significantly and you have already mailed your college apps, so the risk-reward ratio is much better.

I acknowledge that not everyone goes to college, however the people who tell kids to "smoke weed everyday" and are working shitty jobs and have shitty lives (because they smoked weed everyday in high school and ruined their chance of making a better future for themselves) are dumb fucks. Those people think they're living the life because they smoked weed early, fucked up their brain development and have convinced themselves they actually are living the life.

6. I go to college now too and run into hundreds of sober people who are ignorant, have bad grades, can't focus, immature etc. Same back in HS. Maybe I am biased because my school was horrible, I did better maturity, education, and legal wise when I dropped out. I smoke the most in my family and in a year or two will have more education than 90+% of them, its just depends on the individual.

Most of the issues I had were sober, when I smoked I just hung with friends or read/watched things, developed and still continue to develop in a great way. I think the issue is with the person not some object independent of their personality and beliefs. (Do we not have excessive drinkers, gamblers, criminals, or just straight edged people who slack off, work shitty jobs, bad influence on others etc.?)

7. 18+ Get all the important stuff out the way. E.g Education family. Its nice to have a puff every now and then whilst your in High School. But I'de say 18+ In general.

8. 17 but now that I am 20 I smoke more often

9. i started at 16, but i'd say senior year of high school (17-18) is a good time to start. also, you should start out only smoking on the weekends when being high won't interfere with school work

10. Kids smoke stupidly today. I go places around the city to do little errands, and I see kids in cars smoking, kids picking up off people in public parking lots and stuff. Im guilty of doing all of that too when I was their age, so I guess over time you mature in your smoking career. 17+

11. Thiiiiis. When they realize it doesn't make them cool, they can have it. When they do it to fit in and come to school the next day like "Guuuuuuuys I got sooooo hiiiiiiiiiiiigh last night" it should be taken away

12. As early as possible

13. its a psycho active compound so to be totally safe males should wait until the age of 23. I'm not sure what age for females but it is sooner. The reason behind this is at the age of 23 the male brain is fully developed. So if you want to be totally safe wait until your brain is done developing for all substances (alcohol, tobacoo, all other illegal and psycho active drugs). An Adult(age 18 in US) should how ever have the right of ingestion for anything.

14. Talk of minors getting high isnt permited..~YODA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.