Post your PPM's!

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by masterlights, Apr 4, 2012.

1. 1 more warning guys...then im gonna start to give folks some time off the city..
    each grower can choose the method they prefer, Please use ignore ....

_YODA

2. Hi guys,

In my production room, I create a base nutrient starting with 2/3 full reservoir of RO water, 100 ppm Pro-Tekt, then add CalMag until it's about 200 PPM, then I top off the final third of volume in the reservoir with tap water (about 70-140 PPM) and finish off by adding either grow, or bloom base nutrient (Dyna-Gro) until I hit my target pH is within range of 5.8-6.4. I don't usually worry about the end PPM unless it's really high (more than 1500). If I get to around 1200 PPM, I'll stop adding nutrients, and adjust the pH with pH up/down as needed. But I usually stay away from it when possible.

To adjust pH, I always adjust by adding either fresh water (to raise it) or top off with nutrients to lower it first, and finally if I get within the end range of my parameters, I'll adjust with pH up/down as needed.

A lot of people find my method controversial, or too subjective, and that's fine. It works excellent, based on my experience.

3. Botanicare is trying to change its formulation of pH up/down. Im not sure. It says Down has Potassium hydroxide and you should wear gloves. Naturally, I didnt read the directions until after but did not suffer. I was suposed to add Power Regulator but didnt.

It ran out so Im back to lemon juice And baking soda.
    Anyone have any experience with that?

4. go get yourself so Advanced Nutrients Ph Up/Dwn

its the best stuff money can buy IMO

go to your grow shop and pick up a bottle of a competitors up/down, then grab a bottle of AN up/down and feel the weight differnce between the 2

ive been running off a bottle of AN up/down for almost 2 years, thats how concentrated it is

5. Hi every one first real question post

I am looking to get your professional opinion on some readings I have been taking and unsure of due to being new to this

Lights (x2 600w) on 18/6 week 6 veg pot 95ltrs feed x3 a day for 1minute per feed water feed temp is steady @ 24 degree C using Canna A & B

24/10/12 feed 6.71ph 1040ppm
    waste 5.79ph 910ppm

25/10/12 feed 6.83ph 1030ppm 1.47EC
    waste 5.79ph 980ppm 1.46EC

26/10/12 feed 6.82ph 1000ppm 1.43EC
    waste 5.88ph 1090ppm 1.57EC

A little insure into why my reading are now starting to be so inconsistent would be much appreciated

6. Plants consume nutrients at varying levels from day to day

7. The thing with describing a simple, sucessful method as SCMC and AskED have done is that people like me with no experience can easily use the method as a place to start- all I need is a ppm meter, pH meter, and some nutes. SCMC's alternating half strength feedings is about as simple as it gets, even if you give them too much next time you'll essentially flush out the excess with a half strength drench. It's a no-brainer and I mix up a fresh batch of nutes for every feeding. Looks like some of my feedings this time were a little too hot so next time it's an easy adjustment thanks to a ppm meter and record keeping. As a new grower I'm grateful for all the helpful postings about ppms and at the same time respect all growing philosophies, there is no "better" and let's face it nobody comes close to mother nature.

8. I grow in pure coco with about 1/4 cup of kelp meal mixed in at transplant into 5 gallon bags when I flip to 12/12. I tried it once and it worked for me so I'm still doing it. In flower I use GH floranova at around 600 ppm plus various bloom boosters (I have a bunch of stuff laying around so I add a little here and there just to use it up) potassium silicate, epsom and floralicious plus. My total ppm is always below 800, more often I keep it around 700-750. Higher than 900 ppm has always gotten me clawed leaves and foxtailed buds. I grow seven different strains in several different locations so I'm pretty sure it's not a strain specific thing, I think the addition of the kelp meal to my coco means I need less nutes than most.

Attached Files: