Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I hide being high mentally around my parents?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by datesta, Mar 31, 2012.

1. dont smoke when you have to be around your parents? it's not that hard

2. I always just pretened im tired and/or sad and just try not to talk much

3. Just down talk or be high around your parents, it's that simple.

4. I've found that I quiet down a lot when I'm high around my parents. And they notice that. What I do personally is try to converse with them, because I do that while sober. Just find out what you do differently when you're high around friends then act on that and fix it while high. Soon you'll be "sober." ;) :D :smoke: :hippie:

5. Damn, that was always the easiest part for me.
    My eyes are the ONLY thing that gives me away.
    I know how to keep my cool and not act a fool:cool:

6. Well just don't think too hard about what to say or do, or I promise you will mess up lol. Just walk in there like your sober! and make sure you say a few normal things! Saying nothing is a bad mistake. My parents can point of when one of my high friends come over because they won't say anything. Just know your going to own it and you will lol. Works for me:) but then again my parents pretty much know I smoke and don't care, they just don't know how often:p

7. use eye drops to prevent red eyes, and try to have as little exposure to them as possible. If you have to be around them, then just think sober and dont get paranoid like everyone else has been saying

8. You could simply attempt to avoid them whenever you're high, go outdoors, in your room, etc. You could say that you feel sick and act very tired and whatnot, or, (and you need to be a decent actor to pull this off) try to completely forget the fact that you're high and talk to them with confidence. Most parents would rather live in denial if they don't want their kid smoking weed as opposed to actually taking notice of it. The key is not to worry.

9. dont get as stoned. i have no problem acting myself when im baked. quite frankly i see a very minor difference unless im fucked out of my mind. its really the same thing as being sober, except you're under the influnence of some medicine ;)

10. Practice. Smoke more and build up a tolerance. I used to be the same, now I have to smoke absurd amounts to be out of control when I'm high.

11. Just pet your dog that is what I used to do when I was an afraid noob.

12. [quote name='"DerekCA"']Just pet your dog that is what I used to do when I was an afraid noob.[/quote]

Lmao I do this all the time! Its perfect.

13. Im a good actor so it comes pretty natural for me but if I were you, before I have to see my parents, I'd give myself a good punch in the balls just as a little snap back to reality sorta thing

14. i just smoke with my parents..sooooooo maybe load a bowl with ur rents?

15. Lol seriously? I'd rather my parents catch me high then punching myself in the balls. I have pain tolerance but not that kind.

I use to fuck up and avoid eye contact and go lock myself away in my room for an some time before making a trip to the kitchen and munching out. My father got use to the routine.

Worst thing ever is trying to put the key in the hole and it doesn't work out. So many times my dad would get up out of his chair and unlock the door for me, it was super sketchy.

My dad called me out once with a friend there. He was like: you guys are high.

Which I responded by saying: Dad! You're high! Didn't work out like I thought it would. Luckily my dad was the chill parent that worried more about my mom and the neighbors seeing me smoke than actually getting high.

Building up a tolerance is the best bet, however you end up spending so much more on dank if you have a huge tolerance.

16. Who says your high? If your parents don't see you smoking, or doing anything suspicious then they really can't say anything.

17. Well when I'm high and I'm by myself or with friends when I can goof off and have fun or whatever, then I'll really just goof off and have fun and enjoy my high, but if I'm around people like my parents or whenever there is a time to be serious I'm just so chill and I can maintain my mental composure as I would do if I'm sober.
    I think it really depends on the person. But you can always train yourself to maintain your mental composure.

18. Just think about everything, but being high. Eat food, and drink some milk, it'll bring you more back to normal. Or just smoke less, or smoke a vape. That high may be easier for you to cover up

19. just close your eyes, if you cant see them they cant see you!

20. Just keep your fucking shit together its really not that hard