Vape Experience & Learning thread.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by RandomThoughts, Mar 20, 2012.

1. I bought my first vape, an Atmos Boss, but I seem to be unable to get anything out of it. The chamber gets really hot, but trying to inhale does not work. I get the taste, but no sign of actual inhalation. What do I do wrong?

2. #622 lwien, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
    You bought the Atmos Boss.

3. Good point, thanks. I missed that.

4. #624 Steams71, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015

Atmos are crap vapes. Chances are that you're doing nothing wrong, just that the atmos doesn't work.

5. So I decided to take up vaping because I was smoking a ton each day and was told/read that vaping conserved weed and was more efficient. I was a bit skeptical because I've never tried it, so I bought a desktop vape, and after a few sessions, I got the hang of the temperatures and was so sold on vaping 100% from that moment on. I got MUCH higher for a lot longer without any discomfort in my chest I got from taking too many bong hits.

I got much higher for a lot longer vaping much less bud. I'd vouch for it all day, every day. It really is on a level of it's own speaking in terms of ways to ingest. I put a little O ring around my whip tube and stuck it down my 14mm bong for a perfect airtight fit and huge rips of vapor.

A month later, my whip broke and while I was waiting for a new one to come in the mail, I had to smoke weed out of my bong and had to smoke 3 or 4 times the amount I would have vaped to feel "ok". I'm completely spoiled by vaping now and it's all I'll ever do most likely (by choice, I won't turn down anything at a social gathering,etc. just because it's not vaping).

TL;DR: Vaping>smoking>your opinion.

6. I recently got into Vaping in the past year or so, and can say I am enjoying it very much. I first tried Vaping my herb as I bought the Pax vaporizer by Bloom. I do enjoy it, however sometimes I think it's a pain to clean and maintain. I also decided to order a Grasshopper and I am currently still waiting on that to be delivered :/. Lately I've been Vaping from an O.pen from a buddy of mine who uses the co2 cartridges he buys from his medical dispensary. I can say I really enjoy how easy and convenient it is to just buy the cartridge and start Vaping. I can hardly smell anything as well. The only thing I don't like is having to charge the pen so many times and being limited to only using O.pens co2 oil cartridges. So I'm wondering if there any other Vapes/pens/batteries that are a little more universal/powerful and allow you to use any cartridge. Or even your own cartridge you fill with your own cannabinol?

7. Hi
    The volcano is great in man cave and my crafty has been awesome when travelling in train sleeper regularly for work and more recently in hospital .
    Coveted from years of smoking with tobacco and will never go back ..
    I'd like to get into the oils and looking at the green oil machine. .. Anyone tried it?

8. P.s purchased an evo cloud.. It's awesome

9. #629 EyeC, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
    Great thread and glad to see some insightful comments about the different types of vapes. Due to my involvement in a number of different physically strenuous activities i decided to start vaping in 2000 for my lungs and overall health. Especially for someone with a moderate to high tolerance like me the difference between vaping 3-4 grams a day versus smoking 7-9 grams a day was profound. My lungs feel much better and the high is cleaner as well. Dependent upon the type of ganja being used i find that the high from a good vaporizer lasts about as long as smoking and without that foggy brain feeling either.

Since i also only use organically grown ganja vaping really allowed me to savor all the complex terpenes much more than with combustion. Flavors and smells are a big part of enjoying my experience and with a good vaporizer the smells tend to translate directly into flavor. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png

No point in vaping if you don't know what you are actually putting into your body. Pesticides and other horrible stuff will vaporize just as readily. Can't tell you how many growers i read about putting absolutely horrible things on their plants. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/angry.png

I've used several different models with varying success. I found the pax to be just shite for my needs, but for those with much lower tolerances it seems to work fine. I had to keep taking hits for a long time before i ever felt anything.
    Volcanos are nice, but far too expensive in my mind. Another friend had a model and i can't remember which one it is, but had an outboard air pump that was replaceable and it could do bags as well. He has COPD and a few other health problems and the bags were very comfortable for him. The flavor was not the best in the bags for me though.

The vapor brothers models have done a good job for me in terms of standing up to heavy use, delivering good sized hits, and price. Great for an at home heavy use model. My friend has an arizer solo and that works very well and also allows me to take in enough without having to spend 30 minutes. I'm looking at getting one myself with that better battery pack as the arizer my friend owns seems to be losing power and it is only a year old or so. The glass elements eliminate plastic tastes and it seems pretty efficient with dried herb.

I'm not about stealth as their is no hiding the smell because the herb i smoke is very pungent on it's own, but not having that crappy stale smoke smell linger for hours is a godsend. :)

10. Just got the Arizer Q. What a great call that was. Lungs love me now. Just waiting for Santa to bring me the Mighty. But yeah, I noticed the hit is stronger and much longer too. Gonna save me a shit-load of buying `till my own fully-organic supply is ready.
    As a wee aside......"Shite" My favourite word

11. *When did you start vaping and why?

When: 7 or 8 months ago.
    Why:
    • more discreet
    • more economical (saves lots of herb)
    • less health risk

*What models have you used, what's good and bad about them?

MFLB is the only model I have tried so far, so it will be hard to describe its pros and cons because I have no experience with something else → I can't compare, but I'll try.

Good:
    • discreet
    • relatively inexpensive

Bad:
    • a little hard to use (learning curve)

*What have you discovered about vaping since trying it?

1. it's much easier to use it if you use cannabis secretly (virtually no odour)
    2. you can use vaped herb (I make green dragon from it)

12. The name of this thread is so goddamn beautiful. That's how I feel about stoning too. A lot of people just want to get "stoned as shit" or whatever, but I'd rather experience things (while stoned) and learn. Maybe that's a product of my first vape having been the MFLB (infamous learning curve). Anyway, a few of my old pieces are no more, but in vape news, I got a new MFLB (woot!).

There is nothing substantial in this post, just emotional ramblings.

13. Wow how things have changed in the vape world since the first few posts in 2012!

I just purchased a Pax 2 (Gold) to help conserve the herb and be more discreet, my wife also enjoys less smoke :) I'm still figuring out what temperature settings work the best for herb, so feel free to provide any advice. I usually start at the second level (380), and then towards the end move to the third (400). The Black Leaf grinder I use does well, but a finer grind would be nice. I've used the piece about 6 times now, and so far enjoy the sleekness and clear high that it provides. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great vape!

14. I wanted to get into vaping, can I get some insight on it. My biggest question is do I need oils to use a vaporizer? I live where we don't have access to oils.

15. I am certainly new to all this. I recently tried my hand at making an oil for my vape. I made a tincture with 3.5 g mj and everclear. I did not decarboxylate due to mixed instructions. Some said that the vape process will take care of the process of decarb. I have two questions. Do I need to decarb before making a vape oil?I followed the QWISO method on this post:https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/1sjj1r... so, is there any way to recover? I now have about 5 mL of oil, but have not tried it yet.Thank you

16. There are dry-herb vapes for flower. Just grind, pack, and rip. I'd suggest some googling.

17. no you do not need oils for some models. I have a Solo Arizer and it works like a charm with good organic flowers. yum :)

18. Thanks everyone, I did some research and am expecting my new vaporizer soon :)

19. #639 Soxfantony773, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016
    I got my Vapor Brothers hands-free a year ago and i never looked back to smoking.I have used several vape pens that were not very good for herb and i definitely recommend a table top unit for anyone looking to do some serious vaping.The taste and high from a vape are SO much better than smoking and no groggy/tired feeling after either (depending on strain too) I'd say its closer to a dab than hitting a bowl/joint. I have used a magnifying glass, hemp wick, and even a soldering iron to smoke and none of them even come close to the taste of my vapor brothers, because any time you actually combust the herb you ruin the taste. Smoke=tainted. So any time people ask me if i smoke weed i say no with a smirk on my face because i dont smoke anymore, i vape son!

20. Sweet. Which one did you go with?