THC Tincture in E-Cigs

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by desuforeverlulz, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Or you could just invent the first portable vaporizer that looks just like an e cig and get fucking rich.

2. [quote name='"Nedsmaster"']E-cigarette liquid (commonly referred to as "juice") is not just glycerin...it's also flavoring, nicotine, and water. If you wanted to make a "pure" THC vape, you would have to buy the liquid from an e-cig site with 0mg nicotine (commonly available online). If you simply mix it with a pre-filled e-cig cartridge, you're going to be adding (on average) 24mg of nicotine per milliliter to your THC juice. Just saying.[/quote]

Obviously I'm well aware there's nicotine in the juice, which is why I'm not mixing it at all. I'm dumping it and adding only the glycerite.

I'm using USP Glycerin, which I'm pretty sure is vegetable grade. We'll see how this stuff works.

3. #23 Clstcnnbscltvtr, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    Just some notes..

1 oz of flowers/buds should be made into no more than ~8-10 fl oz of glycerin otherwise your potency will be crappy. I'm currently vaping on 7g in 1.5 fl oz and it's been curing for 8 days. Takes at least 4-5 lungs worth to get the high going.

All food grade glycerin is USP Glycerin. NOT ALL USP grade is Food Grade .. YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE ITS FOOD GRADE. This is seriously important. I suggest calling the number on the bottle and asking the makers. I did this for my brand and they confirmed it's food grade even though it only says USP on the side.

4. [quote name='"Clstcnnbscltvtr"']Just some notes..

1 oz of flowers/buds should be made into no more than ~8-10 fl oz of glycerin otherwise your potency will be crappy. I'm currently vaping on 7g in 1.5 fl oz and it's been curing for 8 days. Takes at least 4-5 lungs worth to get the high going.

All food grade glycerin is USP Glycerin. NOT ALL USP grade is Food Grade .. YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE ITS FOOD GRADE. This is seriously important. I suggest calling the number on the bottle and asking the makers. I did this for my brand and they confirmed it's food grade even though it only says USP on the side.[/quote]

I wish I saw this earlier. I put the glycerite into the e-cig and was able to get moderately high by smoking it. Moderately.

5. Bump, whats the verdict/are you trying again?

6. We let the glycerin bake more in the sun, and the effects were somewhat stronger. I feel like I need to restart the project and use about half the amount of glycerin I've been using, and grind up the weed better.

7. #27 Deleted member 519964, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2020
    []

8. I need to get some cash flow going first. I feel like we should have got regs instead but I just got so dang excited that I went and threw the kush in.

9. I think you should still use atleast beaster quality weed. Mids will produce a bad tasting product with higher impurities. Just increase the ratio of weed to glycerin ratio to whatever you feel it should be based on your research and the previous test.

10. hey dude i just read ur thing and ive been reading alot of forums and such about what your doing to see if it works so can make one my self but i have one very important question exactly how thick is the tincture your making?(for example is it thick like hash oil or thick like water?) and if i followed your steps and half way threw i just dumped alot of keef in there would that work the same as what your doing just faster?

11. [quote name='"juanito41510"']hey dude i just read ur thing and ive been reading alot of forums and such about what your doing to see if it works so can make one my self but i have one very important question exactly how thick is the tincture your making?(for example is it thick like hash oil or thick like water?) and if i followed your steps and half way threw i just dumped alot of keef in there would that work the same as what your doing just faster?[/quote]

It's not very viscid, if that's what you're asking. It's a bit gooey, but it flows steadily. Not too solid, not too liquidy. If you want to be certain of it's consistency, you can just buy a small bottle at CVS to sample it. But glycerin does well at permeating the e-cig cartridges. To answer your second question, I'm certain that kief will work very well with glycerin. If you know the potency then you can determine the amount of kief that is proportionate to a gram of bud.

12. ummm... what? oh and you should also try filling a fog machine with your tincture and hot box a room see if that works that would be awesome too see if it worked and can i put the tincture in any ecig and get high? and on a scale from 1-10 how high did ur tincture get you 1 being the same as smoking half a 5 bag of weak bud and 10 being the same as smoking a chop dipped in bho and rolled arround in keif in a bluntception

13. Very helpful.

14. After reading this thread I can say that the OP doesn't have a clue about what he is doing or what he is using. USP is NOT food grade glycerin, and without some heat his tincture won't shit. A lot of posts and no subject matter knowledge.