I'm dating a younger girl who has an early curfew.. reason to breakup?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Burnoutt, Mar 16, 2012.

1. I'm an 18 year old grade 12 guy, dating a 16 year old grade 10 girl. Being old as I am, I obviously have a lot of freedom and can stay out until I want to. My girlfriend (Dating a month now), not so much. It's March Break, and she has to be home by 10:30... it's really lame.

I almost feel like I'm dating a little kid - I want to be out doing stuff until LATE. These are the nights I'm supposed to remember.. not making plans with my girlfriend, and sitting at home from 10:30 onward because I already ditched my friends.

Would you break up with someone over this? I need your advice, blades!

2. Well it's only been a month, give it a few more weeks to try and see if her parents will relax and let her stay out longer once they get to know you better.. But if not, dump her

3. [quote name='"burnout91"']I'm an 18 year old grade 12 guy, dating a 16 year old grade 10 girl. Being old as I am, I obviously have a lot of freedom and can stay out until I want to. My girlfriend (Dating a month now), not so much. It's March Break, and she has to be home by 10:30... it's really lame.

I almost feel like I'm dating a little kid - I want to be out doing stuff until LATE. These are the nights I'm supposed to remember.. not making plans with my girlfriend, and sitting at home from 10:30 onward because I already ditched my friends.

Would you break up with someone over this? I need your advice, blades![/quote]

You asked for it, shes young.. Sounds a little too young but love doesn't have an age I guess

4. No I wouldn't break up on those terms. The nights that I remember much more fondly happened after high school was done with.

What's wrong with hanging with your girl till she has to go home and then you continue to party with your friends? Last time I checked parties aren't really happening until at least 11:00 anyways *shrug*.
    When I was in a relationship and the guy was older, this was pretty much the situation except I would have to be home by 9. But we ended on much different terms.

5. It's not love yet, it's only been a month bro.

I guess you could say.. I'm in like with her. ;)

6. You have a point. Anyway, I'm from a pretty small town. Parties happen maybe once a week - other nights it's usually just me and a few friends hanging around & chilling together. I don't really see a point in heading out so late into the night.. it'd make them feel like they're my backup plans

7. Chill with her til like nine and then go out with the boys. Problem solved?

Just tell her that you need to get out sometimes and if she can't come then some nights you're going to have to leave early.

8. Not really :(

Most nights, I work until 9. So, I get to her house at around 9:30, see her for an hour, and leave.

9. How would they be a back up plan when you plan to hang with your girl until what ever designated time and then plan to hang out with them afterwards?
    OR designate certain days to your girl and certain nights for your friends, mixed with the occasional day where you spend it with both. When there's a party and she can't attend due to her time restriction just make it a guys night?
    There's ways to work with this without making people feel like shit for spending time with other people.

10. Honestly bro unless you really love her. Stop messkng with younger girls ur 18 a man get someone whos equal to you and has all the freedoms you have. Also college is coming up so thats not when you want to have a younger gf in high school

11. [quote name='"Crispy21"']Honestly bro unless you really love her. Stop messkng with younger girls ur 18 a man get someone whos equal to you and has all the freedoms you have. Also college is coming up so thats not when you want to have a younger gf in high school[/quote]

So fucking true.. You nailed it man

12. I mean, this isn't necessarily wrong, but when I was a senior in high school I was having sex with a 28 year old. Looking back, I can do that for the rest of my life. But he likes a girl who's in high school, and he is only able to do that for a few more months. I kind of wished I looked at it like that.

Food for thought.

13. So what? Do you not have a car or something? So after you hang with her why cant you go back to chilling with your homies?

Shit homie, my girls lame like that too, but when I drop her off I go straight back to chilling with my friends. Fuck, I had her sleep over once and I ditched her ass and went to go chill.

Your friends aint gonna think their a "backup" plan, your with your girl your with your girl, once shes gone its back to the homies.

You sound immature as fuck.